a few questions

93d3ls0l

On your del sol the steering should be tight.

Bad tie rods ends manifest themselves through a number of symptoms: steering will feel sloppy, car will wander on straights, car will turn inconsistently, car will pull left or right, car will make popping noises during turns, will have bad vibration at highway speeds and if left long enough can have inconsistent tire wear.

On your del sol the steering should be tight.

Bad tie rods ends manifest themselves through a number of symptoms: steering will feel sloppy, car will wander on straights, car will turn inconsistently, car will pull left or right, car will make popping noises during turns, will have bad vibration at highway speeds and if left long enough can have inconsistent tire wear.

yeah its the tie rods like i suspected then i just wasnt possitive. i called my dad and there is NO p/s so leaves tie rods plus it has most the symptoms. looks like another thing to do this weekend . i just never drove a car where the tie rods make it feel that sloppy it almost felt like as if it had p/s and there was a air bubble in the line.

so maybe i havent made my mind up about the engine swap........

i been doin a lil more research and came across the B17a1 ( 92-93 gsr ) d( - . ^ )b and im thinking maybe that'll be the route i take, because from what i've read it is a very good motor for what my plans lead to...

now the question is should i go with the B16a2 or the B17a1? from what i understand the the B17a1 is more peppy then even the B18c, so i think you guys can see the bind im in here.. anyone here know anything about the perks of a B17a1 over the B16a2? this is really starting bug me i keep thinking i know what motor i want then i find something else i like... is my assumptions about the B17a1 correct? or should i just stick with the B16a2?

also if i do end up going with the B17a1 i wanna ditch the ys1 and was thinking maybe an s80 what are your guy's thoughts about the B17a1 mated up with the s80? and is that even possible? i would assume it is because the B17a1 is obviously a B-series but, idk. and assumption is the mother of all f*** ups, that being said any input would be greatly apprieciated

:crazy:

so maybe i havent made my mind up about the engine swap........

i been doin a lil more research and came across the B17a1 ( 92-93 gsr ) d( - . ^ )b and im thinking maybe that'll be the route i take, because from what i've read it is a very good motor for what my plans lead to...

now the question is should i go with the B16a2 or the B17a1? from what i understand the the B17a1 is more peppy then even the B18c, so i think you guys can see the bind im in here.. anyone here know anything about the perks of a B17a1 over the B16a2? this is really starting bug me i keep thinking i know what motor i want then i find something else i like... is my assumptions about the B17a1 correct? or should i just stick with the B16a2?

also if i do end up going with the B17a1 i wanna ditch the ys1 and was thinking maybe an s80 what are your guy's thoughts about the B17a1 mated up with the s80? and is that even possible? i would assume it is because the B17a1 is obviously a B-series but, idk. and assumption is the mother of all f*** ups, that being said any input would be greatly apprieciated

:crazy:

so i was doing some more research come to find out the B17a1 there were approx. 4500 built between 92-93... and i was bummed think there would be no hope of finding one. but this is the best part I FOUNDED ONE :drool: and i waiting on a response but i think i might get a whole car for 3-3.5k so here is where i need to know. what tranny should i get? this is something that is very likely to happen.. and i still have no clue as to what tranny is going to be better i was thinking s80 but idk if it'll work. one thing i do know is the ys1 has got to go

please if anyone knows what would be a good tranny to use inform me

greatly appreciated

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know if the 93 del sol has the same inside dor handles as a civic of the same gen. ?

the damn dealer wants 65$ for 1 inside door handle and no junkyards around have any del sol's >_<

if anyone knows please tell

Archived