The Steelies Are On!

Repsol

Lol so I bought a set of steelies for $35 with pretty much brand new tires. He gave me a type R block when I went there. O.o But anyways. I put these on just so I don't wear out the tread on the BCp1's. Here's how she looks now, I think it looks neat, but whatever with what you think. :) You all know I have a special love for you all. XD

DSC01024.jpg

DSC01026.jpg

DSC01025.jpg

Yeah.

One of the queerer things I have seen on a sol. :chair:

For your safety: Those look like tuner lugs on there. Make sure you have the correct stock acorn lugs lest your wheel come off at 80mph on the freeway.

I have no idea where I put the stock lugs. I doubt it'll hurt anything.

Famous last words.

Tuner lugs and stock acorns are not interchangeable. Get the right lugs. Stop making worthless excuses.

Famous last words.

Tuner lugs and stock acorns are not interchangeable. Get the right lugs. Stop making worthless excuses.

It's not going to hurt anything, it's not an excuse. Chill the f*ck out. Seriously.

^^^^

Seconded...

Although it does look a lil odd still. Are these just for the time being, or are they on for good?

$35 though, can't beat that price lol

They're on until I sell my rims.

It's not going to hurt anything, it's not an excuse. Chill the f*ck out. Seriously.

I agree. I'm actually running the stock lug nuts on my aftermarket wheels right now. They tighten down and haven't been loosening themselves, so what else is there to worry about?

I agree. I'm actually running the stock lug nuts on my aftermarket wheels right now. They tighten down and haven't been loosening themselves, so what else is there to worry about?

The problem has to do with the angle of the taper at the end of the lug. Tuner lugs have a steeper taper. If you put stock lugs on a tuner rim only the very outside edge of the lug is actually making connection. On a stock rim with tuner lugs the reverse is happening and the inside edge of the lug is contacting. In both instances the wheel will be able to move slightly under the lug and eventually with damage the wheel and/or loosen the lug.

There is no chilling out. Don't be stupid with your safety over a set of $20 lug nuts.

The problem has to do with the angle of the taper at the end of the lug. Tuner lugs have a steeper taper. If you put stock lugs on a tuner rim only the very outside edge of the lug is actually making connection. On a stock rim with tuner lugs the reverse is happening and the inside edge of the lug is contacting. In both instances the wheel will be able to move slightly under the lug and eventually with damage the wheel and/or loosen the lug.

There is no chilling out. Don't be stupid with your safety over a set of $20 lug nuts.

I haven't been able to find a set for $20...they've all been $25. Seriously though, this is something I've planned to do (get the tuner lugs), just honestly forgot until this thread reminded me.

Your situation is a shade more pricey. Stock lugs can be pocketed from a salvage yard for all of $5 if you actually pay for them. My $20 reference was more for the stock lugs.

Come to think of it I think I bought my tuner lugs off some dood on eBay for around $20 plus shipping. They already look rusty. I would spend a few more dollars and buy better lugs with a quality finish so they don't look like crap as fast as mine did.

Your situation is a shade more pricey. Stock lugs can be pocketed from a salvage yard for all of $5 if you actually pay for them. My $20 reference was more for the stock lugs.

Come to think of it I think I bought my tuner lugs off some dood on eBay for around $20 plus shipping. They already look rusty. I would spend a few more dollars and buy better lugs with a quality finish so they don't look like crap as fast as mine did.

Yup....I agree. I can get a set of tuner lugs from autozone for 25-30 bucks, but last time I did that they got all rusty looking where the "key" contacted the nut. I'm just going to save up and get something like the forged lugnuts from Skunk2 or Moteki (sp??) lugs. THis is the reason I'm still running stock lugs for the time being.

I've always heard tuner lugs would strip your studs out and get stuck on? At least from everyone i know that's had them.

may be because they aren't torqued right? i know that honda studs are kinda soft compaired to other vehicles i've changed wheels on. maybe because of the extra taper on the lug it creates more pressure on the threads?

true story, buddy of mine on here that has an accord. Been through a good amount of studs. Stripped 4 I believe when his springs were put on.

They shouldn't normally strip but if you did have the wrong lugs I can see how it happens easily. Lugs for smaller cars come in two sizes, 1.25 and 1.5 pitch thread. If you have the wrong one you might not know it until it was too late.

if you let the lugs get loose when they were mismatched, like tuner lugs on stock wheels and such, it would easily damage the threads too.

I'm talking about stock lugs on stock wheels. Overtightened, stud was embedded into the lug nut. You can get off of this tuner lug on stock wheel kick. Frankly, I don't care about it, and no matter what you say, I'm sticking with what I got.

Get over yourself. Everything isn't about you.

Hondahunter asked a question which I followed up with.

At this point you made your decision and I really don't care if your queer looking white wheel flys off and your car jets off the side of a bridge.

Archived