Civic for sale

88prelude

okay so im helping my friend sell his civic. it is a 2000 honda civic EX 5 speed with only 90K on it. exteremely good condition new paint silver sunroof..i drove it it is quick....no vtec tho... i think he is asking 6-8 grand for it...ill put pics up sometme..its completely bone stock

okay so im helping my friend sell his civic. it is a 2000 honda civic EX 5 speed with only 90K on it. exteremely good condition new paint silver sunroof..i drove it it is quick....no vtec tho... i think he is asking 6-8 grand for it...ill put pics up sometme..its completely bone stock

If it's an EX it has VTEC.

its the 1.5 non vtec yes it is the y8 and i cant get pictures at the moment because my friend doesnt have the car at his house im selling this car for a friend and he wants to get at least 6 grand for it when i see the car next i will take pics

its the 1.5 non vtec yes it is the y8 and i cant get pictures at the moment because my friend doesnt have the car at his house im selling this car for a friend and he wants to get at least 6 grand for it when i see the car next i will take pics

y8 is a d16y8 which is a 1.6L :thumbsup:

well i guess it might be vtec he said it isnt and he is a 25 year mechanic lol it is an ex tho but it doesnt say vtec on the valve cover and when i drove it i never felt vtec kick in

the majority of the y8's didnt say vtec on the valve cover, also your not gonna feel vtec kick on a single cam

You would only "feel" it if the car had an aftermarket exhaust. The sound and the vibration from an aftermarket exhaust changes when it engages but that is about it.

dude just look on the block to see what it is.

you will never feel vtec in a SOHC unless its built.

on the contrary my friend, I had a civic dx with a stock z6 with no intake and stock exhaust and it was a beast... u could hear vtec kick in hard...and i was beating b16s...

on the contrary my friend, I had a civic dx with a stock z6 with no intake and stock exhaust and it was a beast... u could hear vtec kick in hard...and i was beating b16s...

Yea...

z6 with no intake would be a modified vehicle. vtec would be more pronounced in sound since you were opening up the secondary lobes and sucking in more air in respect to the amount of air taken in using the primary lobes.

And your grandma was driving the 1994 Del sol, right? :laugh:

Yea...

z6 with no intake would be a modified vehicle. vtec would be more pronounced in sound since you were opening up the secondary lobes and sucking in more air in respect to the amount of air taken in using the primary lobes.

I think he meant the vehicle had the stock intake box, though I see where you got confused :thumbsup:

I've driven SOHC vtecs and TBH I didn't feel or hear it. It wasn't THAT pronounced on my B16 until I put my short ram on.

I'm almost positive the DX's didn't come with VTEC engines... last time I checked my DX, it had a D15b7 engine.

As for a stock D beating any B series is impossible, unless 1.) you are one hell of a driver, which I doubt, and 2) the person driving the B series didn't know how to shift or step on the gas.

Stock D's are good for one thing - fuel economy, they aren't mean for speed or high performance.

You, my friend, are a D series fan boy

I'm almost positive the DX's didn't come with VTEC engines... last time I checked my DX, it had a D15b7 engine.

As for a stock D beating any B series is impossible, unless 1.) you are one hell of a driver, which I doubt, and 2) the person driving the B series didn't know how to shift or step on the gas.

Stock D's are good for one thing - fuel economy, they aren't mean for speed or high performance.

You, my friend, are a D series fan boy

yeah i got a DX and its a d16y7 non vtec

So your claiming your d16z6 is faster than a b16's?

Archived