Alright, looks like it is still closed. Downloaded and the message of the day begins with "Happy Thanksgiving, PlayStation Home Closed Beta testers!"

I'm not sure how I got in (haven't done anything that people have tried to get in :laugh:), but I'm in so I'm happy :D

I'm waiting until GT5 comes out to get a PS3, so fill me in on this as it all just went over my head.

Should be coming out soon, I think? I remember not caring to get Prologue when I'd just have to turn around and spend money when the actual game came out.

Home is basically a virtual world Sony created for the PSN. You create your character, have your personal apartment space, then there's public spaces where you can interact with other users who are signed in to Home at the time. It's been in closed Beta for some time now. They'd open it up to more people randomly from time to time, basically so they wouldn't overload the servers by allowing everyone in at once (wanted it to be fairly stable). Right now you can play certain games in Home and there are a few extras thrown in. Some things have yet to appear there, but should be coming in the (near?) future. I know one of the biggest things is the possibility to share music/movies within Home. I believe it was said that if you invited a friend to your apartment, you could both watch the same movie/video. However, obvious potential legal issues have this in an unknown state.

Javy, it has been said that Home will go into open beta by the end of the year (100% guaranteed from one of the execs, but we'll see how that pans out). I haven't had much of a chance to use it since Wednesday night. Went on briefly to show another PS3 owner who didn't get in on it yet either on Thanksgiving. A Home update installed, but I didn't get to see if any additional features were added in it.

Even if it comes out I'd say its about 2 years to late by far cause I wouldnt be surprised if this coming year new console information starts getting hyped up.

Home is coming out, and has been out (in closed beta) for at least a year or so now (possibly much, much longer).

New console? Sony has often said that they plan for the PS3 to be more long-term (around the 10-year mark, which isn't absurd seeing how the PS2 was released 8 years ago and is still widely used with new games being released and purchased for it). The Wii has been a success and it looks like the shortage of them might finally be over 2 years later (now it's just time to see if 3rd party support can be great enough, or if the game selection will kill another Nintendo system).

Well Im not gonna go all fanboy on you. Home does spark my interest and I might consider buying a PS3 finally if it comes out with a few more games that justify it (and home is as good as they're claiming). Till then I'll stick with my solid and true 360.

<--Sony through and through. My nephew has a Wii that I play with him sometimes. Its fun but seems that all the games are either for children or extremely mellow people. Then again I haven't looked at all the games available for it.

<--Sony through and through. My nephew has a Wii that I play with him sometimes. Its fun but seems that all the games are either for children or extremely mellow people. Then again I haven't looked at all the games available for it.

The Wii is mostly fun to play as a group, or to watch others play. Zelda is good on it, although it can be ridiculously easy at times, otherwise most everything is a group game (in my collection at least, aside from a Tony Hawk title that can be played solo and still be entertaining at times... I put Super Paper Mario down one day and have yet to pick it up again, that one was entertaining as well though).

You should look into picking up an 80 gig PS3 sometime soon. You can find some decent deals on them right now, if you look, since the 160 gig is out now.

Regardless im a gamer, so i've got every system to date since the old turbo graphics system. I got all three, if anything the xbox is used the most, ps3 for fighters and RPG's, and wii for when friends come over

Actually, up until this point Microsoft has been repairing these free of charge.

Nope, wanted like $150 to repair my mom's boyfriend's son's, lol. That was maybe six months ago, after he had it for 12-18 months. The one I got the ex red ringed after we split up, and I guess he just bought a new one instead.

Nope, wanted like $150 to repair my mom's boyfriend's son's, lol. That was maybe six months ago, after he had it for 12-18 months. The one I got the ex red ringed after we split up, and I guess he just bought a new one instead.

Everyone that I know that has 1, has gotten it repaired free from Microsoft. Bad experience on your part maybe?

Archived