New member of the honda family.

chris_agu28

It is a 1988 EF civic hatch back. I sold the 240sx after the motor was gone. I bought the car for 300 bucks and oh man what a deal. I will take pics tomorrow after a good bath and when the sun is shining. What a fun car it is. The car is beige or tan. Depends on the light. The interior is leather but it is all brown but too shabby for a 20 year old car. No rips in leather or anything. It has nice leather interior. and the motor runs very strong. It is the dual point whatever. But the motor runs very stong and even chirps second for a 4 speed. haha. It has 180xxx miles. Still gotta fix alot of things but you guys will see it soon enough. and now with the money left over, I dunno if I should fix it up to be nice or fix it up to be decent and get a engine swap in it. Dunno yet.

sounds like a STEAL!!!

good job and GL on fixing it up!

YOU BETTER HAVE PICS TOMORROW!!!!

or you no longger be my friend! :devil:

It was a steal, You don't even know. The guy just wanted to get rid of it. Talked him down to 300. Thanks I will need it to fix certain things on it. Don't worry the pics will come bestest friend.

It was a steal, You don't even know. The guy just wanted to get rid of it. Talked him down to 300. Thanks I will need it to fix certain things on it. Don't worry the pics will come bestest friend.

I am looking at a 95 Civic Sedan for $250 OBO :thumbsup: Check my thread in a few!

What all does it need fixed?

Glad to be your best friend :heart:

$300? ??? ??? ?? WTF???

Yes sir 300 bucks for a running car with very strong motor but some body damage. When you see the pics you will be oh my. I am thinking about leaving it be, swapping in something crazy and making it a sleeper.

Pic are uploading now.

The lovely pics of my car.

Camera001.jpg

First day I got it home. Before any cleaning or anything.

Camera002.jpg

Camera003.jpg

Camera004.jpg

Camera005.jpg

The motor, D15B1 Don't worry I got screws for the PGM-FI cap.

Camera006.jpg

Camera007.jpg

Camera008.jpg

Camera009.jpg

VX Rims all brand new and very clean. My friend wants them really bad. Dunno why....

Camera010.jpg

Good brakes still

Camera011.jpg

Some interior shots, Leather, brown and pretty dirty before a good cleaning. Dash and milage shots as well.

Camera012.jpg

Camera013.jpg

No tach. Playing it by ear.

Camera015.jpg

Yup only 179k on motor and body.

Camera016.jpg

Camera032.jpg

4 spd ftl. SO LONG OF GEARS!!!

Camera017.jpg

One small crack in the dash.

Camera018.jpg

No clock.. :(

Camera019.jpg

Camera020.jpg

Camera022.jpg

Hatch full of crap. Free with purchase.

Camera023.jpg

My exhaust that is new but not on the car.

Camera021.jpg

Pic of the damage, Not the bad side.

More pics gotta separate posts.

Camera024.jpg

This is the bad side. Either going to bondo it back or cut out the panel and weld a new one on. Most of my friends do body work.

Camera025.jpg

Still has the logos and badges on it and intact.

Camera026.jpg

A couple side shots, mainly front to back and visa versa.

Camera027.jpg

Camera028.jpg

Camera029.jpg

A good up high view.

Camera034.jpg

Sound deaden tar started cracking and coming up during cleaning. No rust anywhere except for the outside body.

Camera035.jpg

Camera036.jpg

After a good cleaning. car looks pretty new. Engine bay is coming soon. That is going to be fun.

Camera037.jpg

Camera039.jpg

Camera038.jpg

Camera040.jpg

Camera030.jpg

Del sol with ef from side with neighbors car in the way.

Camera042.jpg

Pic at night with del sol and ef. Will get better pic soon.

Camera033.jpg

and some service manuals to go with the car. Also still have the owners manual as well. :D

Let me know what you guys think. for 300 bucks it was a steal.

Pics godam you pis

though he is drunk, i agree.

what happened to uploading now, huh ? :nono:

haha :heart: jk

Is that enough pics, It took a bit cause it had to downsize from 2058x1024 I think to 640x480 and upload about 39 pics. Poor photobucket.

DD for now while I fix everything on the del sol. Wanna run that motor out of the ef before anything goes in it.

Any ideas on what motor to put in?

gsr, h22, k20, or pull the epic tuning and go awd swap from the awd civic and turbo it making 400hp and its only a d16 they did.

yes they are vx rims brand new.

well there's good and bad to it :thumbsup:

body is cancerous for sure >_<

but motor is strong you said, interior is in need of a cleaning (carpet), but in great condition for its age.

I would sand back the paint, grind rust out where needed, sand surface rust, put some primer on it. I would patch it, but i'm always up for a project :thumbsup:

All in all well worth the $300, you could run it to death and probably part it out and get your money back.

I'd be DDing this, racking up miles and keeping miles off the sol. Winter beater FTMFW!!!!

EDIT: Just saw the second batch of pix. Nice cleanup! I'd price some quarter panels for sure :thumbsup: . Good deal, especially to beat around in. Nice lil beater.

well there's good and bad to it :thumbsup:

body is cancerous for sure >_<

but motor is strong you said, interior is in need of a cleaning (carpet), but in great condition for its age.

I would sand back the paint, grind rust out where needed, sand surface rust, put some primer on it. I would patch it, but i'm always up for a project :thumbsup:

All in all well worth the $300, you could run it to death and probably part it out and get your money back.

I'd be DDing this, racking up miles and keeping miles off the sol. Winter beater FTMFW!!!!

Yeah seeing how I wanna go about to fixing the rust. I got a tig welder at the house and I can find another ef shell and cut the panels out and weld new ones on since that is the only rust spot. I wanna paint the car anyways. Dunno what color though. I love it. I will drive it until it dies. Finally the sol can take a rest. I thought I will never have a winter car but now I do. I will dd it until the motor bites the dust then swap it for something crazy and the sol is back to being a dd.

looks like a good beater man.

fix those rust spots then do a swap in that biotch!

thanks. how is the subby going for you?

yeah gotta fix them before it gets worse.

Any ideas on what motor to put in.

hell yeah nice beater while you mess with the sol, i would have bought it too especially since im probally going to be doing a turbo build on the Si...

the interior looks alot better than my BMW's did, just my exterior looks better because i only had one little rust spot on drivers fender and no body damage.. GREAT pickup though man...

i vote B16A2 :thumbsup:

cheap easy swap

hell yeah nice beater while you mess with the sol, i would have bought it too especially since im probally going to be doing a turbo build on the Si...

the interior looks alot better than my BMW's did, just my exterior looks better because i only had one little rust spot don drivers fender and no body damage.. GREAT pickup though man...

i vote B16A2 :thumbsup:

Yeah I am quite happy I picked this up. My friends love it cause this thing is a blast to drive even though a geo metro will smoke me. haha. Yeah finally the sol can get some down time. really? I thought the bmw's would have came with nice interior but at least you got a clock. I didn't realize how much I depend on it. Time to buy a watch. Yeah I dunno if I leave the rust alone and make it a sleeper or fix it and make the car look nice.

What si do you speak of?

and b16? alright. that is pretty high reving motor and will swap in like nothing. mainly the obd0 one from the crx si.

vx rims were the lightest oem wheels honda shipped. very popular with the mpg freaks and the racers too.

that is most definitely NOT leather. Haven't you ever seen vinyl before? :rolleyes:

Archived