New addition to the Family

jerrodh

Gecko1.jpg

Gecko2.jpg

More pics coming tomorrow is feeding day. It's name is Alex and why because we can't tell if its a boy/girl till it gets older. So this way if its a boy or girl no name change is required. :thumbsup:

Anyone ever have one of these little guys cause I got some questions if so. Its an Albino Leopard Gecko.

Yeah its pretty cool. Not to excieting though lol all it does is hide in its cage. But what can you expect. I never had anything quite like this before, alot of fish, turtles, crabs, cats, and dogs but no lizard types or snakes, etc. So new experience just wish me luck I dont want it to die or anything poor little guy's so fragile and suicidal about killed himself when he jumped outta my hand the other day.

Yeah we're about to move and I've had a bit of extra money and been trying to do little things for the GF while I can so this Gecko was kind of a holiday season gift. Christmas gets tight especially with us moving soon so figured why not. Might be getting a 55gallon tank too for some fish but wont be setting that up probably till late winter-spring lol. One step at a time.

Yeah we're about to move and I've had a bit of extra money and been trying to do little things for the GF while I can so this Gecko was kind of a holiday season gift. Christmas gets tight especially with us moving soon so figured why not. Might be getting a 55gallon tank too for some fish but wont be setting that up probably till late winter-spring lol. One step at a time.

cool! colorful fish are a nice little touch to a house :thumbsup:

i liked seeing them when i was in the Caribbean 8)

isnt it the albino L.G., i have a geko but no clue what kind, ive had L.P. gekos, golden gekos aligator gekos, bearded lizard, 6 iguanas 1 which was 4 ft 2 inches, about 10 snakes, but now i have just one geko a 4 ft ball paython and a trantula, not sure how to spell it

Feeding time was hit or miss. I turned the lamp of to make it "night" for him so He'd come out. Helped him out and got the crickets calciumed up and dropped into the cage. I lost one so thats in the house but not my problem.

Alex was pretty happy walking around untill the biggest cricket kept crawling all over him, Alex got all low down to the ground and his tail got flat and started wagging back in forth and he snapped at the cricket a couple of times, but seemed more defense than "I'm GONNA EAT YOUR ASS BITCHES" So i left it be, now I can only see 3/4 crickets in there so he probably ate while I was playing COD.

Epic fail.

Feeding time was hit or miss. I turned the lamp of to make it "night" for him so He'd come out. Helped him out and got the crickets calciumed up and dropped into the cage. I lost one so thats in the house but not my problem.

Alex was pretty happy walking around untill the biggest cricket kept crawling all over him, Alex got all low down to the ground and his tail got flat and started wagging back in forth and he snapped at the cricket a couple of times, but seemed more defense than "I'm GONNA EAT YOUR ASS BITCHES" So i left it be, now I can only see 3/4 crickets in there so he probably ate while I was playing COD.

Epic fail.

it's a girl. she's self-conscious about her weight and doesn't want you to watch.

So little update on Alex he's one happy camper. Already found a deal on some upgrade Gecko gear, alot bigger tank and I'm looking at going to an under tank heating pad as opposed to the lamp. We kept the lamp off today since it was alot warmer today than previous days, and he's been out and about all day, pooping, drinking water and I finally got to see him in action. Friggin wasted that cricket let me tell you.

So little update on Alex he's one happy camper. Already found a deal on some upgrade Gecko gear, alot bigger tank and I'm looking at going to an under tank heating pad as opposed to the lamp. We kept the lamp off today since it was alot warmer today than previous days, and he's been out and about all day, pooping, drinking water and I finally got to see him in action. Friggin wasted that cricket let me tell you.

You need to make sure you keep a side with heat, and a side without. Also, needs to have cover on both sides. Reptiles like to hide, and they shouldn't have to deal without or with heat in order to do so. They should have options. I don't know a lot about geckos, but I have a large Boa, so I read up a lot before I got her.

i still think "he" is a she. you should put a poll up :D

Geico sticker on the tank FTMFW!!! :thumbsup:

Archived