VOTE Bitches!

Xeryon

My wife and I didn't plan on having our son, but we did.... she was on birth control yet still got pregnant.

sounds to me like your son was no accident and was put into is this world as part of Someone's plan.

LOL, you guys are so funny. You realize it's called birth control, not temporary sterilization. Read the medical disclaimer that comes with your medicine, it only reduces the probability that you will get pregnant.

Does it make sense to get this religious at a roulette table? Do you run to church after hitting the lottery, or go to the Cadillac dealership? How about when someone is struck by lightning, nope can't be dielectric breakdown of water molecules facilitating the capacitive discharge of rainclouds, nope must be divine intervention.

You guys make me laugh. Save the divine influence stuff for explaining really big things like resonant quantum displacement (for the layperson, this is when a proton bonded to say, a nitrogen atom, looks like it will pass through the nucleus of said atom, while bonded to that nitrogen atom!, and then instantaneously appears on the other side of the nitrogen atom without ever disrupting the nitrogen atom.

Unplanned pregnancy? Next time, pull out. But on the real, children are truely a joy, no matter how you got them (or believe you got them).

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sounds to me like your son was no accident and was put into is this world as part of Someone's plan.

LOL, you guys are so funny. You realize it's called birth control, not temporary sterilization. Read the medical disclaimer that comes with your medicine, it only reduces the probability that you will get pregnant.

Does it make sense to get this religious at a roulette table? Do you run to church after hitting the lottery, or go to the Cadillac dealership? How about when someone is struck by lightning, nope can't be dielectric breakdown of water molecules facilitating the capacitive discharge of rainclouds, nope must be divine intervention.

You guys make me laugh. Save the divine influence stuff for explaining really big things like resonant quantum displacement (for the layperson, this is when a proton bonded to say, a nitrogen atom, looks like it will pass through the nucleus of said atom, while bonded to that nitrogen atom!, and then instantaneously appears on the other side of the nitrogen atom without ever disrupting the nitrogen atom.

Unplanned pregnancy? Next time, pull out. But on the real, children are truely a joy, no matter how you got them (or believe you got them).

birth control is 100% effective if taken right, as in no missed doses 30 days prior to conception, the disclaimer is there for liability reasons. hormonal birth control prevents ovulation, so no egg with be available for fertilization. I am making a leap in guessing that his wife was taking such a pill in the proper way. and "chance" things that happen very rarely don't happen randomly.

depending on the type of birth control, it won't necessarily stop the woman from ovulating- hence the danger of an ectopic pregnancy in women on BC. if the particular pill that she has more progesterone, it won't always stop ovulation- instead it works by thickening the mucous around the cervix and changing the wall of the uterus so that a fertilized egg can't implant. BC only has a 92-98% effectiveness which is why it's suggested to be used in conjunction with condoms in order to completely avoid pregnancy.

the other issue with birth control, is that several other medications- especially antibiotics can knock out the effectiveness of BC, so much so that it barely works. It's advised that if a woman is on BC and antibiotics, she should use condoms for about 2 weeks after the antibiotics are finished to ensure there isn't an accidental pregnancy.

i guess it depends on the pill because i know of 3 ways it attempts to prevent firtilization. one is the one mentioned above, the other thins the uterin lining, preventing the blastula from binding to the wall. the one i was thinking of flat out prevents ovulation by simulating the hormones that are excreted after ovulation, thus tricking your body into thinking that it has already done so.

its so easy to get a thread off topic....

i guess it depends on the pill because i know of 3 ways it attempts to prevent firtilization. one is the one mentioned above, the other thins the uterin lining, preventing the blastula from binding to the wall. the one i was thinking of flat out prevents ovulation by simulating the hormones that are excreted after ovulation, thus tricking your body into thinking that it has already done so.

its so easy to get a thread off topic....

bare in mind that there's several different types of hormonal birth control- over a hundred different pills, as well as the depovera shot, implants, nuvaring, and the patch. each one works differently based upon the woman's body chemistry- for example, I'm allergic to most pills because I'm allergic to the dye in it as well as the extra estrogen in most of them. I can only just progesterone based pills. I'm sick for weeks on depovera, and I get a skin allergy to the adhesive on the patch. my doctors refused to even try me with an implant. However, there's hundreds of women out there who could use any of them just fine.

bare in mind that there's several different types of hormonal birth control- over a hundred different pills, as well as the depovera shot, implants, nuvaring, and the patch. each one works differently based upon the woman's body chemistry- for example, I'm allergic to most pills because I'm allergic to the dye in it as well as the extra estrogen in most of them. I can only just progesterone based pills. I'm sick for weeks on depovera, and I get a skin allergy to the adhesive on the patch. my doctors refused to even try me with an implant. However, there's hundreds of women out there who could use any of them just fine.

yeah they can mess girls up pretty badly. i know that when i get married my wife and i are going to take surgical precautions. she's on birth control now and it messes with her, periods are heavier but less painful, and her PMS is way worse...

yeah... but abstinence is no fun unless you choose to do it that way. I know I was about ready to jump [nearly] anyone after a year of celibacy, and I think I'd just about die if I couldn't sleep with a boyfriend/fiance/partner for an extended amount of time, but i still got to see him every day!

however, women go on birth control for more than just protection against pregnancy. I started it when I was 14 because of health reasons- my doctor thought that i may be suffering from endometriosis, but he could probably rule it out if I didn't have adverse effects to hormonal birth control. I suffered from severe depression at the time as well and he was also very reluctant to put me on anti-depressants, so he thought the pill would help with that & it did to a certain extent. I didn't become sexually active till I was 16. The pill has also been used to help with severe acne, and slow weight loss in women with high metabolisms who needed to gain weight (it worked the other way for me- i lost weight!)

There is a way to ensure there won't be fertilization...abstinence.

Corrected. Unfortunately, those who should never breed also cannot control themselves.

birth control is 100% effective if taken right, as in no missed doses 30 days prior to conception, the disclaimer is there for liability reasons. hormonal birth control prevents ovulation, so no egg with be available for fertilization. I am making a leap in guessing that his wife was taking such a pill in the proper way. and "chance" things that happen very rarely don't happen randomly.

When I think of birth control, I think of contragestive substances. When reviewing some data, your right, some drugs do work to supress ovulation.

As far as being 100% effective, I'm sorry, the disclaimer is not there for legal reasons in the sense that they have to print it even if it is not true. The disclaimer is there for legal reasons in the sense they are required by law to disclose the actual statistical effectiveness of the contraceptive.

And 99% effectiveness is lousy, if this were the odds of winning PowerBall, we would all be millionaires.

And your right, when not used properly, that 99% diminishes quickly.

Corrected. Unfortunately, those who should never breed also cannot control themselves.

Reminds me of our Chemistry class discussions. Our HS teacher was a fond believer and supporter that people should have a Licence to reproduce.

Reminds me of our Chemistry class discussions. Our HS teacher was a fond believer and supporter that people should have a Licence to reproduce.

True story. People should need to demonstrate that they are responsible and capable of caring for a child... and if they're on welfare, they should not be allowed to reproduce.

wait so why should people need a license to reproduce if they can affect the lives of millions of others by voting?

hippocrate.

Seriously? Wow, how about taking time to think before you post and make yourself look worse than you already have on this forum.

Archived