VOTE Bitches!

Xeryon

Well, Obama is going to win. I'm watching the current map and Obama has 195. He will get California which is 55 to put him at 250. He's got a huge lead in Florida which is 27 and that will put him over the 270 mark at 277.

So it's inevitable and you can pretty much declare him the winner. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see how he can turn it around.

Oh well, McCain will probably win Missouri so at least my state doesn't suck.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And about that waiter thing...that waiter needs to take a look at the bigger picture! Good one on ya for giving the money to someone who needed it more.

How do you know that the waiter didn't need that $10? How do you know that the bum hadn't actually made an attempt to do all that he could in order to work? Where is the incentive for people to work hard, to move up in life, if what they're working for is being passed on to those who aren't doing anything or who are doing the bare minimum? We already have a terrible welfare system, we really don't need to give any more aid to the lazy/unmotivated people in this country.

I agree, Nate. It's unfortunate, but it is bound to happen and doesn't come as a surprise. My numbers show Obama with 200 and McCain with 130 at the moment. I have the DirecTV channel on that shows 8 channels, and I've found that every individual channel has different numbers. This one seems to be the only one that is accurate, as the others are throwing their predictions (not projections) into the mix when they feel like it.

How do you know that the waiter didn't need that $10? How do you know that the bum hadn't actually made an attempt to do all that he could in order to work? Where is the incentive for people to work hard, to move up in life, if what they're working for is being passed on to those who aren't doing anything or who are doing the bare minimum? We already have a terrible welfare system, we really don't need to give any more aid to the lazy/unmotivated people in this country.

I agree, Nate. It's unfortunate, but it is bound to happen and doesn't come as a surprise. My numbers show Obama with 200 and McCain with 130 at the moment. I have the DirecTV channel on that shows 8 channels, and I've found that every individual channel has different numbers. This one seems to be the only one that is accurate, as the others are throwing their predictions (not projections) into the mix when they feel like it.

I couldn't agree more! Good job with your experiment, whether the waiter had already voted or not, maybe when things start going down the toilet, he will realize what you meant :thumbsup:

To be fair...he is from there. WTF is is with Ohio going blue for the first time that I can remember.

Ok...maybe since Clinton.

Yeah, no kidding....... crazy. They say nobody has ever lost Ohio and won the election. How's it feel to be in such an influential and substantial state. Missouri is fairly important too, but nothing like Ohio.

Yeah, no kidding....... crazy. They say nobody has ever lost Ohio and won the election. How's it feel to be in such an influential and substantial state. Missouri is fairly important too, but nothing like Ohio.

I'd feel better if we had went red. Almost makes me feel like my vote was worthless. I should've voted Libertarian as I actually thought about doing. At least I would've voted more closely with my views, and still wouldn't have impacted the outcome of this election.

I think they are all predictions. I don't think any of the states have been fully reported yet.

They're predictions based on the numbers reported so far. They could always change, but it's doubtful. I just hope enough people realize what will happen if the Liberals get a supermajority in Congress. We're doomed if that happens.

Another reason it would have been great for McCain to win it... to watch what happens in Chicago since they feel the need to show the crowd every 1.2 seconds. :laugh:

I didn't do the "experiment", Hondahunter, but thought it was priceless. It's appalling that Seb could say that giving the tip to the guy outside was the right thing to do, rather than giving it to the guy who earned the money. Hey Seb, you do know that wait staff gets paid less than minimum wage, as well, seeing how they earn their "paycheck" through tips?

I'd feel better if we had went red. Almost makes me feel like my vote was worthless. I should've voted Libertarian as I actually thought about doing. At least I would've voted more closely with my views, and still wouldn't have impacted the outcome of this election.

I know exactly how you feel. Missouri is leaning red right now which makes me feel like my vote actually counted for something....regardless of who wins.

Another reason it would have been great for McCain to win it... to watch what happens in Chicago since they feel the need to show the crowd every 1.2 seconds. :laugh:

I didn't do the "experiment", Hondahunter, but thought it was priceless. It's appalling that Seb could say that giving the tip to the guy outside was the right thing to do, rather than giving it to the guy who earned the money. Hey Seb, you do know that wait staff gets paid less than minimum wage, as well, seeing how they earn their "paycheck" through tips?

I agree and I flat out can't believe that he thinks that is a good thing. What incentive do we have to work hard if we are penalized for it.

True story:

My dad had a 5th grader about 10 years ago who was actually really smart, did well on his homework, yet he failed every test. My dad took him aside and asked him what was wrong (he knew the kid was smart) and wanted to help the kid to do better on the tests. The kid's response? "I fail the tests on purpose because if I do poorly, I can drop out of school at 16 and be on welfare for the rest of my life like my parents." The kid got Saturday school for the rest of the year....

Bet you 20 bucks that the kid is voting for Obama today assuming he's not in jail. Of course, based on Sebs response, there is nothing wrong with what that kid said or did.

207-141 by my count

I believe one of the channels said earlier that Lincoln won without winning Ohio, otherwise no Rep. has won without it.

How do I know? As that waiter will earn that $10 during that day through wages anyway, and will be able to the next day, the next, etc etc. Plus I know tipping is a lot more common in your country (we don't really do it over here), so the next customer is probably going to tip anyway. Yes I know that people struggle to make a living off a waiters standard wages, but at least they are still earning something. Yes that homeless person may be a lazy c*nt, but he is also at a pretty savage point in his life, where your charity is needed. Like whenever I walk past homeless people in Swansea (where i live), I always think; yes your a lazy c*nt, get off your ass and get a job, but then when I've spoken to the odd one, they have genuinly been fked over by the council or by other people to end up where they are now, and are stuck where they are. As can you name me an employer who would willingly take on some guy off the streets? Without fear of being robbed, or scaring away custom? There isn't many.

Surely it would make sense for America to up the minimum wage so that those waiters rely less on being tipped?

Edit : "Hey Seb, you do know that wait staff gets paid less than minimum wage, as well, seeing how they earn their "paycheck" through tips?"

This I didn't know. And tbh I can't really blame the waiter to be a little fobbed off, but if I was him I'd be a bit happy to see the homeless guy get money for food.

I guess cos we don't do tipping over here like u guys, I don't really see as that tip being money that he has earnt, more like a bonus. As over here we would get paid minimum wage whatever tips you may or may not get.

Economics 101. You raise the minimum wage and the unemployment rate goes up. Waiter's wages are low solely due to the fact that they make tips. Giving their tip away to someone else is EXACTLY the same thing as lowering their minimum wage.....something that you seem to support.

Oh and bull crap that you'd be happy for the homeless guy getting your tip. When you made 10 dollars less that day and couldn't afford the diapers for your kid, despite your hard work, you'd be pissed or you aren't human. People who work harder should NOT be penalized for their hard work. It blows my mind that people think it's okay to penalize the hard workers and reward the lazy workers (or non workers).

Economics 101. You raise the minimum wage and the unemployment rate goes up. Waiter's wages are low solely due to the fact that they make tips. Giving their tip away to someone else is EXACTLY the same thing as lowering their minimum wage.....something that you seem to support.

Oh and bull crap that you'd be happy for the homeless guy getting your tip. When you made 10 dollars less that day and couldn't afford the diapers for your kid, despite your hard work, you'd be pissed or you aren't human. People who work harder should NOT be penalized for their hard work. It blows my mind that people think it's okay to penalize the hard workers and reward the lazy workers (or non workers).

All I know, is that I hope I've bought all the parts for my Talon rebuild by January 20, 2009, or else I'll never get them bought.

I agree and I flat out can't believe that he thinks that is a good thing. What incentive do we have to work hard if we are penalized for it.

True story:

My dad had a 5th grader about 10 years ago who was actually really smart, did well on his homework, yet he failed every test. My dad took him aside and asked him what was wrong (he knew the kid was smart) and wanted to help the kid to do better on the tests. The kid's response? "I fail the tests on purpose because if I do poorly, I can drop out of school at 16 and be on welfare for the rest of my life like my parents." The kid got Saturday school for the rest of the year....

Bet you 20 bucks that the kid is voting for Obama today assuming he's not in jail. Of course, based on Sebs response, there is nothing wrong with what that kid said or did.

I'm sorry, but anyone who can see "right" in mentality like that is disgusting, lol. A parent of someone I know is on welfare. There is no reason this person cannot get a job, they simply choose to live in free housing, pay their bills and buy what they want on the taxpayer's dime while sitting in their home not contributing to society. It's also quite hilarious to me that this person has credit cards. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people just like that in an area near here. There are also those who work off-the-books while collecting welfare. I worked at a convenience store many years ago where people would drive up in brand new Lexus', come in wearing their nice clothing and draped in jewelry, then pay with food stamps.

Seb, imagine that everyone held the mentality that they didn't need to tip a server because "the next guy will". As I said, wait staff doesn't even make minimum wage. I don't know if you know anything about our economy, but where would you propose the money come from to raise wages? The only way to do so at this point in time would be to lay off another individual.

For the record Obama wants to raise the minimum wage $3 by 2010. Great if you a person working a job for minimum wage, terrible for everyone else.

Its a bad analogy. I think what seb is saying is that he'd give a bum some money once in a while. To take it out of someone else's money is another thing entirely.

And if the waiter is struggling to get by, then it's a horrible analogy because the waiter is almost in the same position as the bum. Not like you're taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor.

For the record Obama wants to raise the minimum wage $3 by 2010. Great if you a person working a job for minimum wage, terrible for everyone else.

Also terrible for the people that are unemployed and trying to get a job. Higher minimum wage will make it much harder for them to get a job since their will be a much higher demand and more competition for jobs at the higher min. wage rate.

Its a bad analogy. I think what seb is saying is that he'd give a bum some money once in a while. To take it out of someone else's money is another thing entirely.

And if the waiter is struggling to get by, then it's a horrible analogy because the waiter is almost in the same position as the bum. Not like you're taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor.

BUt that is what the entire analogy was and that is what Seb said he didn't see a problem with. The discussion never talked about giving money out of your own free will, it talked about redistributing the income of the waiter to the bum....he said he didn't see a problem with that and that is flat out appalling.

Liberals want "trickle-up" economics, meaning give the money to the poor so they will put it into the economy thereby stimulating growth. Problem is, when you're buying illicit drugs and stolen goods, you're not really helping out the economy. Conservatives believe in "trickle-down" economics, where the rich get taxed less, and reinvest in their own businesses which create jobs. Up to you to decide which one works better, but I'll say this much, Ronald Reagan was the f*cking MAN!

Liberals want "trickle-up" economics, meaning give the money to the poor so they will put it into the economy thereby stimulating growth. Problem is, when you're buying illicit drugs and stolen goods, you're not really helping out the economy. Conservatives believe in "trickle-down" economics, where the rich get taxed less, and reinvest in their own businesses which create jobs. Up to you to decide which one works better, but I'll say this much, Ronald Reagan was the f*cking MAN!

He was a democrat/liberal.....right...? :laugh: You're right, Regan was the man, yet so many people now seem to disagree with the same ideas in which made him "The man".

Archived