starting my build thread

C92hatchX

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i said earlier it was the pic, and id let someone drive my car but they are a auto drivers, or have claimed to have drivin five speed but ive never seen it so i think ill have them pass me lol

It's not the picture. I promise you. I've seen HID's in those exact headlights before and they produce bad glare. Dance around it all you want, but it's glare, not the picture. If you want to do a real test then do what I said and not some drive by crap.

It has nothing to do with that. Even in the picture where he is not directly in front of the car there is still glare hitting the camera. I have taken many pictures of headlights before and there is a clear difference between the way glare looks and the way bright lights.

If you want to do a test, then pull about 20 feet away from a flat building and shine your headlights on the building and snap a picture of the beam it produces on the wall. You could probably even take a picture of the way the light pattern hits the ground to prove the point. HID's require a specific housing and reflector setup or specific projector's to work. The housing/projector is designed to project a HID pattern correctly.

An HID bulb lights up differently than a standard bulb and projects (from the bulb) differently and in different directions which is why it's required to have a retrofit or specific housings. Basically think of a conventional bulb which actually only lights up the filament (then reflects off/through the bulb housing) whereas a HID actually lights up the entire bulb. Basically the entire bulb puts out the light the way a tiny filament does. Much more light and in many different directions.

so your saying they are bright as f*ck and the stock housing makes them even brighter cause they are ment to make stock bulbs brighter?

No. You need to retrofit projector's that are designed for HID's into your stock housings. Those crappy ebay projectors are not designed for HID's either and would be bad. It may be better than what you've got but it would still be far from "acceptable".

where would i find em

so your saying they are bright as f*ck and the stock housing makes them even brighter cause they are ment to make stock bulbs brighter?

where would i find em

Retrofits are custom-made.

where would i find em

It's not so much them being too bright, it's about where the light pattern is dispersed/directed. The way the HID bulb lights up, the light comes off the bulb in many more/different directions than a halogen bulb which causes it to bounce off the reflector's in your stock housing a different way. Result, is that the HID light bounces wrong and shoots light in every single direction including oncoming drivers' eyes instead of in a nice normal pattern like with a halogen bulb.

they are 18 bucks shipped off egay and i dont know what ballasts is

So you just wanted the blue(hyper white look)??

Those are not HID, you need to adjust you lights! :thumbsup:

20 feet from building, and adjust! :)

So you just wanted the blue(hyper white look)??

Those are not HID, you need to adjust you lights! :thumbsup:

20 feet from building, and adjust! :)

I heard the way to adjust is to start with your headlights like 2 feet away from a wall. Mark the top of where the light hits the wall with some chalk or something. Then slowly back away from the wall to about 20 ft or so. See if the light still lines up with your markings. If not, adjust.

I would be more excited to see him fix his crash damage and that rust. A nice clean little hatch would be a nice project to watch unfold. Especially since it would be all new work for him and a huge leaning experience.

dont for get my full amber corners which everything got here and if you remember me saying that i talked to the company and made sure i was being sent a five wire wide band @ exhaust manifold and they sent me a f*cking four wire WTF!, and how do i adjust my head lights?

I would be more excited to see him fix his crash damage and that rust. A nice clean little hatch would be a nice project to watch unfold. Especially since it would be all new work for him and a huge leaning experience.

yea me too but i need to pass echeck to keep driving it first, i only have one more tag left cause i think you can only get three

dont for get my full amber corners which everything got here and if you remember me saying that i talked to the company and made sure i was being sent a five wire wide band @ exhaust manifold and they sent me a f*cking four wire WTF!, and how do i adjust my head lights?

I already told you, in order to get the 5-wire, you're going to have to pony up the 300 bucks. Widebands aren't cheap.

I already told you, in order to get the 5-wire, you're going to have to pony up the 300 bucks. Widebands aren't cheap.

ahhh damn, well i gues my body work is going to have to wait and i prolly will have to be bumming rides cause with me having to pay my mom 1100 more dollars and paying insurance really gets to you when you get 200 every two weeks and there are no jobs at all for a second job!

ahhh damn, well i gues my body work is going to have to wait and i prolly will have to be bumming rides cause with me having to pay my mom 1100 more dollars and paying insurance really gets to you when you get 200 every two weeks and there are no jobs at all for a second job!

You make $100/week? Jesus Christ, you need a new f*cking job.

i get 7.00 an hour and work 25 hours a week, ive been trying to get a new one, dude i can make 200 a week mowing f*cking lawns

What the f*ck do you do? Does Akron really suck for working?

What the f*ck do you do? Does Akron really suck for working?

OHIO Sucks for working!, i work in a warehouse for the salvation army dealing with all the the stuff to put in stores, my girlfriends dad owns like 8 of them so i got the job easy but IT SUCKS!!!!

Archived