starting my build thread

C92hatchX

OHIO Sucks for working!, i work in a warehouse for the salvation army dealing with all the the stuff to put in stores, my girlfriends dad owns like 8 of them so i got the job easy but IT SUCKS!!!!

Speak for yourself. I live in Cincinnati, and make way more than $7/hour. Have you checked in to careerbuilder.com?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you hadn't mentioned that before, mentioning that now saves me a lot of time. I started looking for jobs for you.

haha well thanks but ya it sucks being a youngin >_< , ive made a promis to never work fast food in my life lol, ill find one sooner or later, but my gf's dad is opening a new store ill be able to work from 11 to 9at night

7/hour at 25 a week is 175 a week and you only take home $100 a week? That means they are withholding over 42% of your paycheck for taxes, ss, etc.... which isn't right. You need to be looking at your paycheck stub and figure out why they are keeping so much. As a single guy with little income they should be withholding hardly any money out of your check.

Edit: That's a higher percentage than they hold out of mine and I make over 37k/year.

Does it really matter? With 100/week and owing your mom $1100 and having to pay insurance and stuff it's not like you can afford to get it, so why waste our time about it?

cause im looking for another job and i can use one check to save and the other for bills, and it wouldnt hurt to know what all i would need because thats going to be the MAJOR part in my build

When do you turn 18? Once you are 18 jobs are easier to come buy that pay $10+ @ 40 hours. $10 an hour isn't great money but it sure beat part time $7.

of you can handle the labor go get a job at UPS/FedEx/DHL terminal when you turn 18

They usually pay 10-12 for unloading trucks. 5 hours shifts and 20 hours a week is considered full time. idiot-proof work, no thinking, just unload and get paid.

i never thought of that, imma bout to do that, my sisters baby sitters husband works there so i could get in easy cause hes been with ups for a long asss time

Just because someone has been there a while doesn't mean you're insured a job. Especially at a place like UPS.

Are you looking for like, a solid full time job to hang around with for a long time?

If not, I'd just try to find something construction oriented for the time being. There's ALWAYS a need for painters, or drywall guys; plumbers or heating and air people(my specialty :p)

Are you looking for like, a solid full time job to hang around with for a long time?

If not, I'd just try to find something construction oriented for the time being. There's ALWAYS a need for painters, or drywall guys; plumbers or heating and air people(my specialty :p )

i wouldnt mind land scaping, and i cant have full time cause im still in school

Archived