The Reason I'm Soo happy today

BrIaN EG2

I'm a good photographer....

But Gary aka Sup, is the frackin shizznit. Hire him.

Wedding photography is a whole different league and you'd be crazy to do a paying job as your first solo wedding gig. Not saying Gary couldn't do it, but it would be a ballsy move....especially without a backup camera.....and yes, Gary's a good photog. (not trying to knock him down at all).

CT9A - Congrats on the engagement. Seems weird if you guys were barely dating, but as long as you're in love and happpy together.... We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon and had a blast. We've been craving to go back ever since.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ agreed! that's why I'm having 3 or 4 photographers at mine. 2 are hired (i have a consultation with them tonight), the other 2 are good friends of mine who've offered to help out and get some extra experience of their own.

Wow congrats! Now you got a women and an Evo to look forward too! (I assume they're in that order)

Yea my priority order goes as such now : My woman, me and my woman in my new bed LMAO, then my car :laugh:

but she will be in cambodia when i go home on RnR so its just going to be just me and my car :(

and spain sounds good, but im tired of europe, because im stationed in germany, but if we did go somewhere in europe it would probally be italy or spain... i also had brazil in mind maybe...

Yea man the beaches in Spain are ridiculous...seriously man i loved it there every single time im there. Oh btw, ive always wanted to go to Japan, so thats another good option you brought up. As far as Brazil ask colter (airjordan) about that...he knows about the Brazil lol

Yea man the beaches in Spain are ridiculous...seriously man i loved it there every single time im there. Oh btw, ive always wanted to go to Japan, so thats another good option you brought up. As far as Brazil ask colter (airjordan) about that...he knows about the Brazil lol

yeah i thought about japan because tokyo city at night is B-E-A-UTIFUL!!! and the badass cars are a plus too lol

Congrats man. My vote goes to Japan because I've always wanted to go. However, the others you are considering have amazing scenery, so it'll be a difficult decision. Good luck deciding and no matter where you go you'll remember it.

lol, i couldn't relinquish control like that. If i let either of our families plan it, it would either end up costing a million dollars (my mom's not good at budgeting) or it would be in someone's backyard & I'd be stressed out to all hell because it wouldn't have been me planning it. We're still trying to figure out what we want to do for ours. At the moment, we're seriously considering having it at an aquarium. :D

i work at a country club that we do at least 3 weddings a week so i've already had plenty of ideas to steal and i've got a really good idea of what's going to happen and who's going to be doing what. and since my gf's family is paying for everything she is going to let them do things, and since we all like good old traditional weddings things should be pretty straight forward. as for exotic honeymoon's, ever thought about new zealand? you can have any kind of scenery you want all within an hours boat/car ride, and some of the most remote places ever. that's where my gf and i want to have ours.

lol. yeaaaaah... I'm the anti-bride crossed with bridezilla. I'm sick of tradition and being told that in order to have my wedding I must do this, and that regardless of if we like it. (I mean, fair enough on certain things like the rings & marriage license but the rest is all up to us!) refuse to let my mother or his step-mom take control of the planning- If it's not done by me, my way, I don't want it because it would end up some princess styled bullcrap that's not us in the least. Don't get me wrong- I'm old fashioned to an extent, but I think the WIC tells you you have to have these certain things (like welcome bags for out of town guests) just to have the perfect wedding and it's all just to put more money in their pockets. I want the craziest, most random, and interesting party I can. Hell, I even wanted to say Dr. Seuss vows during the ceremony instead of the traditional ones.

yeah i thought about japan because tokyo city at night is B-E-A-UTIFUL!!! and the badass cars are a plus too lol

Oh your telling me man, i've always wanted to go there...the night life is ridiculous there

okay i called her today at work, they FINALLY got the phones back up and working... i still need to call my step dad and ask him about how to clean drews ceiling in his car lol... but anyways she said she would like to go to alaska and see the northern lights, we could rent out a nice log cabin in the middle of nowhere and live out there for a week or two... then she also said egypt, but i quickly replied "NO! im tired of the desert!" lol so we are debating japan, alaska, italy, china, south korea, hawaii, virgin islands, or spain... there are too many places to choose from >_<

oh and we are having 2 weddings, my family is paying for the church wedding and reception and her family is paying for the cambodian wedding... cambodian weddings last 2 days, im going to bed dogg tired after those 3 days of partying! lol

okay i called her today at work, they FINALLY got the phones back up and working... i still need to call my step dad and ask him about how to clean drews ceiling in his car lol... but anyways she said she would like to go to alaska and see the northern lights, we could rent out a nice log cabin in the middle of nowhere and live out there for a week or two... then she also said egypt, but i quickly replied "NO! im tired of the desert!" lol so we are debating japan, alaska, italy, china, south korea, hawaii, virgin islands, or spain... there are too many places to choose from >_<

oh and we are having 2 weddings, my family is paying for the church wedding and reception and her family is paying for the cambodian wedding... cambodian weddings last 2 days, im going to bed dogg tired after those 3 days of partying! lol

If you go to South Korea, go to Seoul City, its very very nice there...but yea man i urge you to go to japan...just overall your going to appreciate the lifestyle and the bomb ass cars

lol. yeaaaaah... I'm the anti-bride crossed with bridezilla. I'm sick of tradition and being told that in order to have my wedding I must do this, and that regardless of if we like it. (I mean, fair enough on certain things like the rings & marriage license but the rest is all up to us!) refuse to let my mother or his step-mom take control of the planning- If it's not done by me, my way, I don't want it because it would end up some princess styled bullcrap that's not us in the least. Don't get me wrong- I'm old fashioned to an extent, but I think the WIC tells you you have to have these certain things (like welcome bags for out of town guests) just to have the perfect wedding and it's all just to put more money in their pockets. I want the craziest, most random, and interesting party I can. Hell, I even wanted to say Dr. Seuss vows during the ceremony instead of the traditional ones.

i'm not that crazy about tradition. i just don't want to burn myself out trying to make everything different. i just want a ceremony in a church, no longer than 45minutes, then a 3-4 hour reception at the country club i work at. i want our pastor to do the vows, exchange rings, the usual stuff. nothing extravagant, just a wedding. the honey moon is going to be the exotic and extravagant part. and we only plan to invite enough people that we can feed, its going to be a dry wedding (and our club provides free fountain drinks) with a nice Italian chicken main course. i like short and simple, and after a long day of preparing and being nervous, i will just want to go home and fall asleep with my new wife in my arms.

i would avoid Alaska as a honeymoon spot, its going to be hard to find a place like that with good accommodations in most remote areas. like you have to pee in an outhouse, not very romantic in my book.

yeah, i can understand that. that's how Chris is too. I on the other hand was the kid who swore up and down that she'd never marry- right up to the day I got back to the states & we started dating. I dreamed of everyone else's weddings, but I never believed I'd ever have one, so I didn't give a damn. For me, it's not that difficult to find different or unique ideas- i just take something that is traditional and twist it into something I do like. for example- my bouquet won't be typical. I'm planning on silk & feather flowers, skull charms down the handle, & sprays of crystal & pearls scattered throughout it. My girls are carrying marabou feather fans instead of bouquets & Chris is wearing a tie with a skull in a top hat & skull cufflinks. Our after party is at a country nightclub with a mechanical bull & girls dancing on the bars. lol. Really, the worst part of planning is how everyone wants a say in *everything* and most people don't really care what you want, just so long as you do what they think is right.

i'm not that crazy about tradition. i just don't want to burn myself out trying to make everything different. i just want a ceremony in a church, no longer than 45minutes, then a 3-4 hour reception at the country club i work at. i want our pastor to do the vows, exchange rings, the usual stuff. nothing extravagant, just a wedding. the honey moon is going to be the exotic and extravagant part. and we only plan to invite enough people that we can feed, its going to be a dry wedding (and our club provides free fountain drinks) with a nice Italian chicken main course. i like short and simple, and after a long day of preparing and being nervous, i will just want to go home and fall asleep with my new wife in my arms.

i would avoid Alaska as a honeymoon spot, its going to be hard to find a place like that with good accommodations in most remote areas. like you have to pee in an outhouse, not very romantic in my book.

i have a sgt that i work with and he used to live in alaska and he said that they have some log cabins with running water, hot tubs, and all kind of stuff like that... she really wants to go to alaska now, i think we'll go to alaska and japan or south korea. one place she wants to go and the other i want to go, that way we're both happy :) she said she wanted to see some mall in korea that looks like a castle?!? :crazy: and she did say japan would be nice, but wayy too over crowded but i still want to go really bad, id have to rent a skyline or a NSX-R or something :p

i have a sgt that i work with and he used to live in alaska and he said that they have some log cabins with running water, hot tubs, and all kind of stuff like that...

well damn i may have to steal your idea, sitting in an outdoor hottub in alaska overlooking some crazy valley or something would be a little piece of heaven.

for example- my bouquet won't be typical. I'm planning on silk & feather flowers, skull charms down the handle, & sprays of crystal & pearls scattered throughout it. My girls are carrying marabou feather fans instead of bouquets & Chris is wearing a tie with a skull in a top hat & skull cufflinks. Our after party is at a country nightclub with a mechanical bull & girls dancing on the bars. lol. Really, the worst part of planning is how everyone wants a say in *everything* and most people don't really care what you want, just so long as you do what they think is right.

damn that is different, not my style but to each his/her own. at least it will be well thought out. i went to a wedding that was a little on the odd side but it was poorly planned so it just made everything seem really cheesy.

one thing about weddings is that everyones wedding is tacky. there will always be something that someone doesn't like and deems "tacky." the harder you try to get rid of the tacky, the more it seems to become it. lol. A lot of things are pretty hit or miss with planning though- until you can get everything set up exactly how its supposed to be etc. it can be really hard to see the final picture. And the final picture doesn't always look great. lol.

ours is pretty much a mish-mash of everything that reflects us. The subtle details (like the cufflinks) are the things we've put our own spin on, but we're going with a sort of overall traditional. (i say sort of because you can't exactly have super traditional in an aquarium!) We're playing on a lot of personal things- our candy buffet is going to be half american candy & half british penny sweets because its an easy way to combine the two cultures. His groomscake is real tree/mossy oak with a buck & doe on the top. We're having sparklers for our exit because he's a fire fighter. & we're using a redneck logo on the matchbooks, napkins etc. as a nod to the fact that we both grew up in the south. lol.

3916C.gif

honestly though, i think so long as everything in the wedding is a reflection of the couple's personalities and interests & its the way they really wanted it you really can't go wrong.

The wedding industry is ridiculous anymore. I'd take a small beach wedding or in a nice backyard (or there's always Vegas :laugh:). My sister's doing the whole costly wedding, while on a budget, for hers next spring. My brother might go with a smaller version for his, which is next fall, but now they're talking about just doing a cruise and having it on the ship.

well damn i may have to steal your idea, sitting in an outdoor hottub in alaska overlooking some crazy valley or something would be a little piece of heaven.

yeah i talked to him about it more, he said there are little resorts that you can rent out for however long you want to that have log cabins with hot tubs on the back deck and the norther lights would be right above you... that would be awesome, until i got out the tub :laugh: then after that japan here we come :p im going to have to rent a NSX-R or something that i'll never drive, lol

yeah i talked to him about it more, he said there are little resorts that you can rent out for however long you want to that have log cabins with hot tubs on the back deck and the norther lights would be right above you... that would be awesome, until i got out the tub :laugh: then after that japan here we come :p im going to have to rent a NSX-R or something that i'll never drive, lol

Incentive to have a small, low-cost wedding :thumbsup: (start saving your pennies :laugh:):

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=30815

The wedding industry is ridiculous anymore. I'd take a small beach wedding or in a nice backyard (or there's always Vegas :laugh:). My sister's doing the whole costly wedding, while on a budget, for hers next spring. My brother might go with a smaller version for his, which is next fall, but now they're talking about just doing a cruise and having it on the ship.

the WIC jacks everything up and tells you you aren't having a real wedding unless you're doing it their way- which simply puts more money in their pockets. I've only been to two weddings that had favors, I've never been given an out of town welcome basket, and until I started planning, I'd never even heard of "save the date" cards, unity ceremonies, grooms cakes or Jack & Jill bridal showers. These days weddings are rarely about the bride & groom- It's either all about the bride, or all about the guests. It's really easy to get caught up in all the little details of everything, trying to make it entertaining & fun for the guests because the books tell you to. Until a couple of weeks ago, I was the same way. Then, when I finally sat down and priced out every.single.detail individually (rather than estimating) I really couldn't justify spending $35k on just one day. The average cost of a wedding in the US is currently $28,000 and rising. So we scrapped it all, and we're starting from scratch again. We cut the guest list even further, we picked a cheaper venue, changed our food options (buffet rather than 5 course seated dinner) and picked a place where there's lots for people to do & enjoy (we're having it at the beach, obviously) since my side will all be coming internationally. I'm seriously thinking about doing away with favors and making a donation to the Corolla Wild Horses Fund on behalf of the wedding. If they need a favor or a keepsake, they can take a matchbook or napkin. lol.

this is a perfect example of how the word wedding changes the cost of *everything*

></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349">">
></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

lol at that video. yeah we aren't silling to spend anywhere near that kind of money on our wedding. my gf's dad is the head pastor at our church so that's set, and the country club we want to go to is only going to cost about $3K for food and all. connections ftw...

Archived