Pics from Europe

sup

Finally, here's my pics from my five week stay in Europe. I stayed in Paris for a week, Slovakia for six days, and in Krakow, Poland for the rest of the time since I have family there.

I still have a ton of web resizing to do, but I'll keep posting here as I finish them.

We left Chicago on June 30th at 5:30, and had an 11 hour flight to Wasaw, Poland where we would then transfer to a smaller plane and fly two hours to the Charles de Gaulle airport. When we got there on the first day, we just walked around the street where our hotel was at, and got pizza at a local restaurant. I passed out around 7:30 thanks to jetlag.

Outside the hotel we stayed at, about a ten minute train ride from downtown Paris. Awesome free breakfast every morning.

IMG_9371w.jpg

Here's what the room looked like inside. This is considered pretty big for a Parisian hotel room.

IMG_9322w.jpg

The next day we decided to figure out the subway system, and spent time walking around the Louvre and down the Champs Elysees. It rained too much that day, didn't do too much else.

Outside the Louvre

IMG_9400w.jpg

IMG_9430w.jpg

I stumbled across an Aston Martin dealer. DBS = :heart: :drool: :heart:

IMG_9525w.jpg

The weather got real nice the next day. We decided to walk down Rue de Rivoli, and walk to Notre Dame first.

IMG_9545w.jpg

F430 :pirate:

IMG_9550w.jpg

IMG_9551w.jpg

Paris city hall. They were preparing a big speech by the mayor and a bunch of people about the release of Ingrid Betancourt.

IMG_9578w.jpg

IMG_9583w.jpg

IMG_9589w.jpg

Common architecture in Paris

IMG_9599w.jpg

IMG_9818w.jpg

And then we got to Notre Dame

IMG_9899w.jpg

IMG_9617w.jpg

IMG_9737w.jpg

Notre Dame is HUGE inside.

IMG_9672w.jpg

IMG_9732w.jpg

The attention to detain of the whole place is just amazing, and so well preserved.

IMG_9820w.jpg

IMG_9806w.jpg

IMG_9787w.jpg

There was a guy on the street right next to the church wearing a mask, who went up behind unsuspecting people and just scared the crap out of them at random.

IMG_9825w.jpg

IMG_9826w.jpg

IMG_9832w.jpg

IMG_9841w.jpg

IMG_9843w.jpg

Right in front of Notre Dame was a small garden-like place, where a ton of birds were. They were really friendly, you could sit inches from them and they wouldn't move.

IMG_9933w.jpg

IMG_9914w.jpg

:mellow:

IMG_9921w.jpg

Started walking back towards city hall and there was a guy playing bass and singing about women in Paris.

IMG_9945w.jpg

At 5:00 at city hall, they held a speech by the mayor of Paris and a bunch of other people about the release of Ingrid Betancourt from Colombia. Tons of media there, I just kinda blended in.

IMG_9967w.jpg

IMG_9988w.jpg

Mayor of Paris

IMG_0001w.jpg

IMG_0038w.jpg

Lots of Colombian people there in support

IMG_0048w.jpg

Inside of Sainte Chapelle, gothic architecture in all its glory

IMG_0084w.jpg

IMG_0102w.jpg

One of the billions of gardens in Paris, Jardin du Luxembourg. If you're in Paris and it's a nice day, you really have to stop by here. Bring some food, have lunch, and just relax.IMG_0270w.jpg

IMG_0238w-1.jpg

IMG_0262w.jpg

IMG_0246w.jpg

Luxembourg Palace

IMG_0255w.jpg

XJS

IMG_0314w.jpg

Panorama of the Louvre, the place just goes on forever

07-04-08w.jpg

The glass pyramid in the center of the Louvre

IMG_0361w.jpg

All the good cars start coming out at night. This is on Rue de Rivoli right next to a huge 5 star hotel where actors and other famous people are known to stay.

IMG_0418w.jpg

Soooooo much new money in one spot

IMG_0425w.jpg

Where all the rich people from the hotel shop

IMG_0443w.jpg

S classes everywhere (curb rash FTL)

IMG_0449w.jpg

Very nice pictures. I wish I could take pictures that good of my car and in general. Keep up the good work.

Your hotel room actually looks nice. I like the ceiling light they use, they have much better taste in interior design than us.

The Architecture of the Sainte Chappel is awesome. I really like the ceiling as well as all the glasswork they used.

As for the Aston Martin, well...I want that thing to have my children.

Inside the Louvre. Amazing to think the whole place was once a fortress, prison, and residence. We went on the first Sunday of the month, when admission is free. Needless to say the place was absolutely shoulder-to-shoulder packed. They say if you looked at each painting/statue/etc for just 10 seconds, it would take you four days to see everything there.

IMG_0760w.jpg

IMG_0824w.jpg

Venus de Milo

IMG_0722w.jpg

IMG_0735w.jpg

Egyptian Sphinx

IMG_0738w.jpg

Winged Victory

IMG_0745w.jpg

IMG_0747w.jpg

The Mona Lisa

IMG_0763w.jpg

IMG_0787w.jpg

Almost everything is just behind ropes or out in the open. The only really protected thing I saw was the Mona Lisa, which was behind about 6" of bullet proof glass.

Almost everything is just behind ropes or out in the open. The only really protected thing I saw was the Mona Lisa, which was behind about 6" of bullet proof glass.

LOL

Makes me wonder who got the commission to frame everything in there.

• 1 month later...

Archived