...and this is why I do not ride the bus

Xeryon

http://www.cjad.com/news/14/764403

PORTAGE LA PRAIRIE, Man. - Shocked passengers aboard a Greyhound bus in Manitoba said the attack was incomprehensible.

One moment, the quiet man near the back of the bus was minding his own business. The man, believed to be in his 30s, hadn't talked to anyone around him, and seemed to pay no attention to the younger fellow sitting next to him, who was listening to music on headphones.

The next moment, witnesses said, the older man stood up, still quiet, and repeatedly stabbed and beheaded his seat-mate.

"We heard this blood-curdling scream and turned around, and the guy was standing up, stabbing this guy repeatedly, like 40 or 50 times," Garnet Caton said Thursday from a hotel in Brandon, Man., where he and other passengers had been taken to rest.

"There was no rage or anything. He was like a robot, stabbing the guy."

Caton said the bus stopped and everyone scrambled to get out while the attacker started methodically carving up the victim's body, not paying attention to anyone else.

Caton and the driver shut the bus door from the outside while they waited for police to arrive.

"We put our bodies up against the door, waiting for him to come out ... and he went back and brought the head to the front and pretty much displayed it ... and dropped it on the ground in front of us," Caton said.

"All very calmly. He was wearing sunglasses. It was no big deal to him."

Fellow passenger Cody Olmstead from Kentville, N.S., also recalled the chilling scene.

"The guy came to the front of the door with buddy's head in his hands, decapitated. He dropped the head and went back and started cutting the body back up," Olmstead told Brandon radio station CKLQ.

Both men said the attacker and the victim appeared not to know each other.

They said the attacker boarded the bus in Brandon Wednesday night. The victim, who Caton said appeared to be about 19, had been on the bus since Edmonton.

Police didn't confirm details, saying only that a homicide occurred on the bus, which stopped about 15 kilometres west of Portage la Prairie.

One man was taken into custody after Mounties surrounded the vehicle.

The bus was carrying 37 passengers and the driver to Winnipeg from Edmonton.

A portion of the east-bound Trans-Canada Highway was closed overnight as officers remained on the scene.

Passengers were unable to understand what might have prompted the attack. The suspect had been on the bus for only about an hour and didn't even sit near his victim at first.

"He sat in the front at first, everything was normal," Caton said.

"We went to the next stop and he got off and had a smoke with another young lady there. When he got on the bus again, he came to the back near where I was sitting.

"He put his bags in the overhead compartment. He didn't say a word to anybody. He seemed totally normal. About a half an hour later, we heard this blood-curdling scream."

I just love it how everyone got their bitch ass off the bus and didnt help. Reminds me of a street camara video I'd scene of a man getting hit by a car and multiple people walked right by the downed man and didnt even notice him let alone helped.

I just love it how everyone got their bitch ass off the bus and didnt help. Reminds me of a street camara video I'd scene of a man getting hit by a car and multiple people walked right by the downed man and didnt even notice him let alone helped.

My guess is that by the time everyone knew what was happening that it was too late to do anything about it to stop it.

^but its like a bus full of people vs one guy stabbing someone.. they could have possibly saved the dude

and how do you hack someones head off in a few minutes with a small knife??? i thought it was hard to cut peoples heads off?

*Sarah

It makes me just want to avoid people...you never know who the crazies are anymore....and they are closing a lot of our mental health hospitals in Ohio so there will be more of them running around everywhere! joy! joy!

who rides the school bus anymore?? chris is a loser :p

Surely not me.. I stopped riding the bus in like 9th grade cause everybody started driving and I just rode with them.. It is nice to fit about 5 ppl in a car every morning. That better then riding the bus anyday.

Plus I won't get randomly stabbed.

btw I might be a loser.. but not as much of a loser as you sarah.

i cant be a loser.. cause you named your car after me.. loser

okay I will let this one slide.... You should feel special I named my car after you.. You better be fast cause I don't want a slow 240sx... unless there is something you are not telling me. :D

Archived