Today good day

Tubbith

The Supreme Court ruled at 10:12 a.m. in the Heller v. DC case that the Constitution's Second Amendment does indeed protect an individual right. The Court struck down the city of DC provisions which bar the possession of handguns and require that shotguns and rifles to be kept disassembled or under trigger lock – as violating the Second Amendment. There is no word available as of this writing on the provision that bars carry even inside the home.

It is a 5-4 decision, with a clear majority. and two dissenting opinions. The dissenters are Breyer, Stevens, Souter, and Ginsburg.

2008 is shaping up to be a good year.

The Supreme Court ruled at 10:12 a.m. in the Heller v. DC case that the Constitution's Second Amendment does indeed protect an individual right. The Court struck down the city of DC provisions which bar the possession of handguns and require that shotguns and rifles to be kept disassembled or under trigger lock – as violating the Second Amendment. There is no word available as of this writing on the provision that bars carry even inside the home.

It is a 5-4 decision, with a clear majority. and two dissenting opinions. The dissenters are Breyer, Stevens, Souter, and Ginsburg.

2008 is shaping up to be a good year.

Whats that?

woohoo! I knew they were going to reach a conclusion on it sometime this week. The chance that they'd rule that the second amendment was outdated was almost none anyway, but its still a win. :) (quite frankly, we'd be screwed if they ruled that we couldn't have guns, or that all guns had to be kept disassembled... Chris has 157 of them!)

Ehh, no one should be allowed to have a gun, IMO. They should all be destroyed :laugh:

Have you fell and bumper your head? Or do you just like the Soviets and Nazi's?....

Maybe you should look at crime stats when guns are taken out of the private sectors hands...

(If you dont feel like looking... crime goes up as guns are take out of the hands of legal citizens)

This is mainly b/c criminals will always find a way to have them. Only law abiding citizens follow the laws reguarding guns and them being illegal...

157 guns... im jealous.. My current collection on has one.. but thats cuz im a poor kid living in the hood.. i will be on his level soon enough.

Nope, I don't follow gun statistics. What I meant was if no guns were in existence at all, which is obviously something that would never happen :laugh:

typo?

...I hope???

or just old collector's pieces?
Director for civil war re-enactments?

i was wrong.. its 153. Some of them are collectors pieces, some of them are regular guns, some of them are for hunting and some are just for target practice. Either way, they'll all kill ya. He's got a CCW permit and a class 2 license- he's doing his evaluation for class 3 in november. (btw- never call it the civil war around him. it's the war of northern aggression! lol)

in his words: "I keep 153 personal votes for the 2nd amendment locked, cocked & ready to roll. The second amendment is the one constitutional right that protects and ensures all the others."

^Big A*s Plus 1..

And, "if guns never existed".. well thank god they do.

Without them, what chance would we stand at keeping our government in check? Let alone all the countries that hate us?

Archived