My Build Thread

solinmysol

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valve Cover work :) I thought about making a DIY thread.... ut there are like 100..... LMK if anyone wants one and ill make one.

Aircraft Paint Stripper FTW!

100_0439.jpg

During Sanding....

100_0440.jpg

After the first coat and bake

100_0443.jpg

It is darker than it looks in these pix.... bright ass overhead light and flash haha

100_0444.jpg

I thought you were set on Pink with Hello Kittty stickers?

PuXXy!!!!!! :p

did i post the spark plug cover yet? lol no! My hello kitty decals are on backorder! lol

did i post the spark plug cover yet? lol no! My hello kitty decals are on backorder! lol

Too cool for badges though?

Badges? We dont need no stinking badges!!!! :pirate:

Too cool for badges though?

Badges? We dont need no stinking badges!!!! :pirate:

haha yeah i ordered 7 jdm badges.... for my hood and stuff.... so everyone knows i am a new driver and an old driver.:thumbsup:

Valve cover looks good. I'm going to re-do mine soon in Gloss Black after I shave all the emblems and stuff off of it.

Thanks!

It really is easy if you have a nice area to paint and let it dry..... I took a tarp and made a sort of "shelter" in the back of my garage. Worked very well.

Anyone have any suggestions on a color for my Plug cover?

Eww. The spark plug cover ruins it IMO. Should have gone black.

haha it will change often I think.... its easy.... but i got black and gold paint for it so :)

Lol. I dont care if you do it or not. I have been looking for another VC for a long time to do it with. I just dont want to shell out around 100 or so for one.

Ive been thinking about doing some for people, lmk if your interested..... I have a perfect VC (my spare) I could paint for you and ship out for say 45-55 bucks if you have one in good shape as a core.

What mine looks like on my sol:

Yes i know! I need cash to send my manifold and exhaust housing to get ceramic coated!

100_0453.jpg

Archived