Dec 21, 2012. 11:11am GMT, the new Y2K

Rick B.

ya know. i bet half the members that read this will grab a dictionary or thesaurus so they can understand what youre saying. lol.

haha, working with attorney sounds like a wonderful job.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
working with attorney sounds like a wonderful job.

They live in their own world were without attorneys and the rule of law, the earth stops rotating: half the globe plumets into an ice age and the other half burns in hell.

lol. my father in law is a lawyer and chris is going to be going to law school in the next 2 years (when he finishes up at NCSU)- I dont understand half of their conversations!

lol. my father in law is a lawyer and chris is going to be going to law school in the next 2 years (when he finishes up at NCSU)- I dont understand half of their conversations!

If they get into tort law, heed my words, when they get a few cases in international court worth millions of dollars and start collecting bonuses based on favorable settlements/judgements, their heads get a little bigger. Soon, they refuse to draft their own letters, stop personally answering emails, and then they can only be reached via their personal assistants and refuse to speak directly to client since they, "don't have time to speak to those people."

Tort breeds a strange sort of counsel.

• 3 weeks later...
an attempt to get you to understand how difficult of a task that is, imagine standing at one end of the largest olympic stadium ever built with a bb gun pistol with iron sights, now, you have to shoot a baseball dead center thats on the other side of the stadium. wait, there is more, the baseball could be in any location from the top right most corner to hiding under a bleacher near the ground of the stadium, and you have a short time limit, not to mention the thought that the entire world (6.5 BILLION people) is counting on you to hit it on the first and only try you get.

to deflect it, you dont need as much force, but its still damn hard to hit the f*cker coming at us, but with a twist. your bb that youre shooting at it, has to turn in space to hit the asteroid from the side to knock it away.

I was completely with you until you came onto this analogy

it would be more like hitting a basketball across that stadium with a rocket powered bb that has a camera on the front and can be controlled even if it has a delay, NASA has ROCKET SCIENTISTS, you think they cant do a little angle of intersection math involving time?

nikkuh please

^lol I totally agree!

it's like y2k...the only thing that happened was nothing! lol

yeah the only problem is this is based off of the Mayans

They tore everyone a new ______ when it came to astrology

just like that Mel Gibson movie, they predicted the eclipse and would have human sacrifice to "appease" their sun gods or whoever

my only worry is that SOB Cortez destroyed most of their studies and historical papers so we cannot learn from them now

this might not even be anything according to the Mayans, it might be a new cycle as some have said with a few season changes or it might be when aliens come back, remember they had quite a few astonishing accomplishments and did pay tribute to the skies

:crazy:

the only way to tell is to wait

I was completely with you until you came onto this analogy

it would be more like hitting a basketball across that stadium with a rocket powered bb that has a camera on the front and can be controlled even if it has a delay, NASA has ROCKET SCIENTISTS, you think they cant do a little angle of intersection math involving time?

nikkuh please

ok, you have limited fuel for said rocket since it already has to burn most of it escaping earth's orbit. also, you need the plotted course of said earth bound object, and to get the direct course, you have to wait until practically the last minute, meaning you only get one shot. yeah, we have tv guided missiles, but nothing as big as the one that we would need for something like this, then what happens if we miscalculated the size of the inbound object and we dont have enough destructive power to sway its course let alone destroy it. no matter how good you believe our technology is, it still has its limits and destroying earth bound objects isnt exactly a perfected science since we've never done it before. and lets not forget the largest risk, human error. lets say that the one guy controlling the huge tv guided missile that probly handles like a 77 caddy through LA's most cramped back alleys could be a nervous wreck knowing that the entire fate of the world rests on his shoulders. now tell me that wouldnt make you nervous. also, a rocket or missile traveling at 18,000+ mph isnt exactly going to turn on a dime if you have to make any corrections to keep it on course, and even if it could, the more fuel you use up, the more likely you will fail.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Haha na i wasnt paying to much attention i have senioritess just want to be doneeeee... anyways sun has about 5 billion years until it becomes a red giant, which would make the sun basically be as big as we are away ffrom it, meaning no more earthy.

once your done all you will crave is sleep,money,sex,money,sex,and anything to keep you from being bored..

good read, hopefully this doesnt happen anytime soon, if it does...well it was great to know you all :D

• 1 year later...

Just like a nuclear Apocalypse, if it were to happen you would see me on my roof with a rum & coke, a stereo blaring, and me doing a crack whore with out a rubber on. Cause hey, if were gunna die, might as well do it right!

Personally all this 2012 crap is just like the 1999 crap, the end of the world, everything is going to change, blah blah blah. Truth is, yeah we might shift a bit, or some other small event, but people are still going to be greedy, governments are still going to be corrupt, and im still going to be driving a del slow.

The best part is if im wrong, no one will be around to tell me I was wrong, cause youll all be dead :D

Archived