my gsr thread

lceah

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sucks...well, maybe the summer meet date will change...

niiiice, Colter...and you are back at VT for spring break??

my car...well, I am going to get some nice jacks to work on it. I'm tired of staring at the header, in my room, lol

3-day weekend this weekend so yup! :D

list:

-get jacks

-change thermostat

-oil change

-change spark plugs

-change timing belt (this one has to be done by my trusted mechanic)

-header and exhaust on

-then call up the tuner

• 2 weeks later...

I need help please!

I changed the thermostat today and it's working :)

but,

I heard noise after a while of driving! the noise is from the oil pressure switch next to the vtec solenoid! This is weird! I don't have a CEL! Oil is good! VTEC kicks in fine and have no problems driving!

Because driving is fine, I'm thinkng it's the switch?? I'm going to replace it tomorrow with OEM and see what happens...

please tell me whatever you think! thanks :)

Wow, that's weird. I guess you can always replace that and hope the problem goes away. Prolly it will.

Other solution: turn the radio up louder till you don't notice the noise anymore. That's a pretty advance solution, though, haha...

• 1 month later...

lol your Sol is so awesome too!

I guess now that my thread is bumped, I'll update:

changed:

*timing belt, water pump, seals, etc.

*fan motor went out so replaced fans with dual fans (Fal fans)

*early morning on the way to work, oil light starting flashing (meaning low oil pressure) so I put some oil in it and it went away...I changed the oil and erased the code (vtec switch cel) and everything is great now

*put the exhaust on...waiting for break in so I can tell how it sounds...but so far so great! I'm scraping it a little though oopsy...trying not to...

*camber kit was off balance so tightened bolts so noise went away

*put that injector cleaner stuff in the tank

*bought the cleaner also for when I do my next oil change

*bought axles and going to change

*I have to decide on which coilovers to go with (Tein? Skunk2? any ideas you guys?) I could pick up the Tein's easily from Tein (30 mins. away)

*going to buy camber kit for all and bushings and LCA's and replace all together...

*I think my tranny mount is broken but everyone tells me something different...I don't know yet but might have to replace! (this one will suck)

*changed my headlights and high beams with white (use to be blue lol ew)

*took the cluster plastic thing out so I can change the little light that's blue...

*got radiator brackets because the lower brackets broke (I wonder which bump that was on lol) but my 10mm handle broke so I have to find a way for that...

I'll take pics soon and post :D I can't wait until all this is done and I change my tires and get ready to get on the road across country :D

I'll take pics soon and post :D I can't wait until all this is done and I change my tires and get ready to get on the road across country :D

You got exactly 2 months sucka.

Awesome Lina. We need a good photo shoot when we all get there.

you are right: two months exactly! hehe

we'll all take pics...maybe naughty pics with the cars too...and then we can make HF calendar with 12 pics of 12 people being naughty with their cars and sell the calendars as fundraising for HF hehehehe :D

Wow, I must say I am very impressed at the attention to this car you're paying. I am deffo gonna have to have you help me work on my car once we're all on the right coast...

Keep it up.

on the right coast...

loool so true!! hehe thanks :) and we'll work on your car :D

I should update:

Have:

*axles

*put half of the radiator brackets on lol

I'm waiting for the following in the mail:

*Skunk2 full coilovers

*Skunk2 front and rear camber kits

*Blox LCA's

*Energy Suspension bushings-full set