my gsr thread

lceah

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need help please :)

today my car made noises 4 times during 2 hours of driving...sounded like "jzzzz"...

I had the car on and opened the hood and waited for it to do that again and when it did, where the thermostat is was totally shaking and making that noise!

My temperature in the cluster goes up and down randomly but slowly at weird times (it's not because of weather or not driving it long enough) when I'm driving...(I guess I've been hoping it's just the cluster lol)

I should replace the thermostat? and while I'm at it, the big hose??

no CEL

I drove home fine but I want to fix it! thanks :)

the dealership or just head to autozone if you want a better one. they sell ones will kick on at lower temps and such.

But I might be wrong on the thermostat so don't run out ant buy one just yet. Let us find out other peeps say first.

OEM thermostat with gasket from Acura dealer in town was $21.

thermostat.jpg

I tried just now but this car is so low that my little jack doesn't go high enough! I can't reach the drain plug so I'll just wait until Monday!

Ben, how come you aren't putting a thermostat in your car? it's two bolts!

delsol209, I'm a bit north west of LA, in Glendale! where are you? I'm guessing either the station in San Diego or the one near Bakersfield?

Dunno. I took it out cause it got stuck. Then again, in most of my cars.. it's the exact same thing.

No t-stat. Only one I've left it in was my Mustang and my F150's.

nah it's a place called fort irwin it's like a hour and a half from l.a. but im from cali just never been in the socal area

haha. i feel sorry for you man. in the middle of no where.

ft irwin is by barstow lina. its far east of la.

haha. i feel sorry for you man. in the middle of no where.

ft irwin is by barstow lina. its far east of la.

yea man it's hella gay i was only there for 2 weeks and then got deployeed so it was a quick and obvious judgment that it's out in the middle of f"$ing no where lol

Archived