my gsr thread

lceah

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup, was right after work :D then I drove it around and couldn't stop driving lol...I love my gsr! :D

just driving until ecu adjusts itself...

lol...joe, I'm a girl :D

I gotta get the exhaust and header...just researching now...

yup, was right after work :D then I drove it around and couldn't stop driving lol...I love my gsr! :D

just driving until ecu adjusts itself...

lol...joe, I'm a girl :D

I gotta get the exhaust and header...just researching now...

:- umm ya i knew that

lol

changed oil...tranny oil is clean and adjusted the shocks so it's sitting a tiny bit lower now...scraped right side of front bumper a bit...oopsy...

tinted

IMG_0827.jpg

had this on my last car haha

IMG_0830.jpg

matching colors hehe

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

bought:

header-Buddy Club stainless steel, 4-2-1 long...stepped...and there is the straight pipe and BLOX CEL eraser

IMG_0854.jpg

cat-back exhaust system-Tanabe stainless steel, small enough tip unlike the one I have now that's really loud

IMG_0857.jpg

Thanks all :)

as for when, I want to get a throttle body (very restricted in my car) and intake manifold and put them all on together and then tune!

John, the tip is big on yours? why is it loud? how short is the resonator? The one I got has a smaller tip...I need to have it quiet lol...I already am a target for cops lol...

and it's not glass pack so my sound is going to stay the same over time :D

lol Nate, tire cleaner! learned from you! :D

Yeah, the tip on my system is big. Like 4.5 inches big. It's a full skunk2 cat back, so it's nice except for the muffler. Actually, even the muffler would be nice if I liked loud systems, which I don't. Being a cop magnet is not cool, especially since my car is stock and the only reason I have an exhaust system at all is cuz my stock one rusted like crazy and broke.

Sounds like this build is really being done right. Good for you.

woah i missed this thread. i guess thats what happens when you have school and a life. yay lina got parts! so now you can drive the teg out here for 8 hours and visit for 30 minutes!

haha you love those IMs. lemme guess skunk2?

naturally! haha

im not the only one that loves the s2 manifold either. chubs loves his as well.

changing out the IM on a gsr is probly the most cost effective mod you can do. you do that with a TB and an intake, you free up a good amount of power. you also do a header and exhaust, there is no reason why you cant be at 200+ hp with a nice tune.

then some cams and youre set.:thumbsup:

the stock IM on a gsr is uber restrictive. the sooner it goes lina, the better.

naturally! haha

im not the only one that loves the s2 manifold either. chubs loves his as well.

changing out the IM on a gsr is probly the most cost effective mod you can do. you do that with a TB and an intake, you free up a good amount of power. you also do a header and exhaust, there is no reason why you cant be at 200+ hp with a nice tune.

then some cams and youre set.:thumbsup:

the stock IM on a gsr is uber restrictive. the sooner it goes lina, the better.

The only problem is you have to convert to OBD-1, new ecu, chip and tune which is another $300-400. I've been wanting to get a new IM for awhile and can afford the IM itself, I just don't have the extra cash for all the ecu crap. A pre-chipped ecu from phearables.net (sp?) would work well to save a little money on tuning.

Archived