New HF '08 Summer Meet Thread

wannaBstuntin

I prolly won't be able to do a meet that early. I'll have just gotten back an will need to put in some hours at my jobs before I can leave for a bit.

Lina, Rick, what happened to us planning the meet ourselves and letting all the others just snack on that? What happened to it being in MD or PA? Why are we doing it in Florida? I have no real problem with a bit of a road trip convoy or anything but, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Ben the only (regular) member in Florida?

If you guys are really intent on planning it this way then that's fine. I'm not saying I absolutely have to be at an HF meet to make it worthwhile but I really would like to go and so far with these details I won't be able to.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John, many on here were talking about Florida and saying they can go there, so that's why for now it's Florida...

sure let's plan it the way we talked about...I have no problem with anytime during summer and anywhere in the states (except for extremely far corners of the country...like not Maine or anything)...we Cali people could pick you up I guess? if that's ok... :)

and come on, you gotttta be there at the meet...

Doesn't have to be FL, but someone suggested it and everyone jumped on it. Seems like it would be one of the "corners". What about Myrtle Beach, SC?

What dates did you have in mind John?

This is what the thread is for. Everyone should state their availability and then we can come to a consensus.

As long as it is within a one day drive from Columbus I am down with it - so anywhere east of the Mississippi river works for me. I just need to know asap what the date is. Wife is trying to plan a two week trip to the UK and I will need to work around that. The sooner I know this date the sooner we can finalize the date for our other vacations.

BTW, Myrtle Beach is an excellent place for a car meet. When I used to be in the Probe scene they have a huge MB meet every year. hundred or so cars and they have a show at planet hollywood. the restaurant covers some prizes and has the winners of the catagories park their cars on the front entryway for photoshoots. Somewhere around here I have a pic of about 20 or so modded Probes making a convoy through the WV turnpike - was a cool pic to see.

As it stands right now, Hatch92 and TS John are the only conflicts date-wise.

Hatch, you said you were leaving mid-July right?

And John, you said you need it to be later?

Everyone else pretty much seems to agree on anytime after July 4th.

So if either one of you two can compromise, then everyone listed so far can go.

If you can't compromise then we'll have to all just vote between

(1) July 11-18

and

(2) whenever John can go

as of right now my dates can change to anytime just let me know. i may have to have to pull some things out of my ass to get my vacation time but pick a date and i'll work my vacation in around it. so i am free anytime this summer starting from mid may-sept.

Alright then we're just waiting to hear from John. Looks like its probably going to be late July.

Let's say July 25 - Aug 1, 2, 3....that's Fri - Fri, Sat, SunIn Myrtle Beach, SC

and let's just stick with that now as long as it's ok with John.

Let me know if you want me to add you to the "definitely attending" list in the O.P.

I can go to myrtle beach easier than Florida so I guess that gets my vote.

Late July sounds good, but I do have a fairly flexible schedule so don't plan it all for my benefit. If enough people are going that I wanna meet then I'll be there.

Thanks.

Florida: yes

Myrtle Beach: yes <---I wanna see this place...sounds fun

Dates I can go: late July, all August

Dates I can't go: early July, September

thanks for setting this up.

definitely going...I'm not going to use my paid vacation days this year until summer...I have 10 days! yay...this is going to b FUN :D

Cali people (Rick, me and whoever else) will drive through the states to get there...

Frank, are you going to go?

picking up Daniel from Texas...?

any admins/mods showing up?

are people bringing more people with them? allowed? lol...Ben, bring your gf? from what I've heard from you about her, she is fun...there will be more girls so me and maybe CRG, Nancy,... won't be the only ones... :D

Rob, are you gonna go? hehe

You can count me as definitely coming. I probably will bring my bro, and possibly my girlfriend.

If this is going to be a several day event, will there be a drag strip close by where we could all go and tinker around with our rides? lol

Archived