locations

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wouldnt mind going back to europe. i miss it there. Id love to live in an open villa above the mediterranean sea with the warm breeze flowing throughout the house.

or back in germany near Bavaria just south of where i was born. both are beautiful places

Europe kicks America's ass as far as nice places to live. I want to buy some kind of property somewhere nice in England or in Poland where I have family. Plus the roads are so much more fun to drive :p

I go there every 4 or so years to visit the family. Went there for 3 weeks in the summer, and will probably be going again next summer. People there are just so much more relaxed about everything, unlike here where people fight over effing parking spots. The food is so much better too, it's kind of shocking how much stuff tastes like crap here compared to there. Even the soda is better there somehow. Plus the drinking age is 18 which is real nice. After coming back here, it felt weird to not have a beer with my food at a restaurant. Beer makes food taste better!

well maybe youre in the wrong part of cali!

where are you gonna go?

i wouldnt mind going back to europe. i miss it there. Id love to live in an open villa above the mediterranean sea with the warm breeze flowing throughout the house.

or back in germany near Bavaria just south of where i was born. both are beautiful places

no place in Cali is really oh so great...even the "best places" have their issues...I guess I'm just sick of this state and its materialistic fake people and all the sh*t that is involved...

Germany is nice...raves there are real! Europe is great but then US life is so different...

EDIT: to stay away from "gheys" as you say, go to Iran? lol according to their president, there are no gay people there...

gay people are cool...

no place in Cali is really oh so great...even the "best places" have their issues...I guess I'm just sick of this state and its materialistic fake people and all the sh*t that is involved...

Germany is nice...raves there are real! Europe is great but then US life is so different...

EDIT: to stay away from "gheys" as you say, go to Iran? lol according to their president, there are no gay people there...

gay people are cool...

my house is pretty cool and its in cali! and there are no downsides to it. well, then again, the upside could very well be the downside as well. ME! the middle east is full of "gheys". I know a few people from kuwait that arent straight. its just not culturally accepted and they would rather live in denial.

europe is far better than the US in many ways. but i have more family here than i do there. england is nice, but the weather sucks most of the time. germany, austria, italy, greece and portugal are probly the best places in europe. though hungary is nice too. screw it, all of europe is nice except for the french.

you aren't the downside...this is my philosophy: fun is where you want to have fun! :)

lol ya the president is in denial...

lol @ not liking the French...well they don't like US! I've been to Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Armenia, Dubai, Iran, Turkey and Canada...I might be forgetting some...so far, I know I wouldn't wanna be far from US...

Most ghey people are cool, I have a few friends who are, I'd just rather not live in San Fran.

I need to go to Germany to see the Nurburgring, the mother of all tracks.

I need to go to England for a filming of Top Gear. The greatest TV show... EVAR.

I need to go to Italy for Rome. Photography goldmine. Actually all of Europe is great for that. But still, must see Rome.

Did I mention European women? :bow: :bow: :bow:

i said i was the upside and the downside. =P

i grew up in germany for the most part of my underage life. we really didnt like the french there either. the french only like the US when ze germans are coming.

ive been all over too. too many places to list at the moment.

edit: i love top gear!

nothing wrong with european women. lol. well, some of them you have to steer clear of. like french women with their hairy armpits. lol. (not all of european women have hairy armpits but its fun to make fun of the french, hehe)

Looks like the grass is always greener...

I'm from MD and I can't wait to move someplace else even though my life is in Baltimore. I've been all over California and while it wouldn't be my first choice of a living area I could get down with it. It's nice for a lot of reasons but real estate is so expensive. It would be nice to see my family more.

I like Europe a lot but the taxes are so crazy! It'd be nice if I were rich.

I'll try to snag some pics of french chicks to make you change your minds about them when I'm there next month.

California's fine to visit, but I'd never want to live there. Same with Florida.

We had a French exchange student maybe my junior year of HS. She was all thin and pretty when she got here, and went south shortly afterwards, lol.

hehe, I know how to say "I haven't done anything" in German...in case I'm about to get arrested lol...I don't know the spelling (cuz it's sooo hard with German) but it sounds like this: ish hub ganisht gemackt...

CRG7, wish you could come to Cali for the meet...and lol at the French student...US is bad influence hehehhe

Speaking of horrible places to live, Mesa, Az (where i sleep at night) sucks A$$! it is soooooooo boring here. i wanna move somewhere where the cost of living isnt to high, where i can open up a shop, and where there is all kinds of stuff to do when i go out to have some fun! and i want to get away from all the mormons who keep telling me that ciggatettes, booze, pre-marital sex, coffee, and soda are works of the devil! and i want to be able to smoke inside again!

^^ don't move to ohio. you can't smoke in any building here unless it is your residence.

West-Central Ohio. I wouldn't move anywhere else if it were my choice.

I figure it this way: Columbus is a first rate town and it has always been improving and growing, unlike a lot of other mid-west cities that are on the decline. I live in the country where is it corn fields as far as the eye can see, but am within a 1 hour drive of 4-5 million people worth of cities. Columbus is a finance and technology based city, not an industrial based city so there is always work for a computer guy like me. Columbus doesn't have flooding problems, we don't have earthquakes, we don't have hurricanes, we don't have ridiculous quantities of tornadoes, we don't have brutal summers or winters, crime is reasonable, real estate is stable and not overinflated, cost of living is low....it is the perfect, average place to live.

Makes me love Florida just OH so much, X.

I like FL, buts it's just so damn hot in the summer, too many old people and hurricanes might be cool to look at on the weather channel, but I have no interest in seeing one in person.

I've never been part of a disaster as of yet.

There's a first time for everything though. And the old people aren't as plentiful as people make them out to be. 9 times out of 10 they're driving way under the speed limit on the interstates and stuff.

Edilt -- AS for the heat, I do heating/air/refrigeration and stuff for a living. The heat doesn't phase me like it used to.

I don't mind the cold, I can always put more clothes on. But when you are hot there is a limit to how much you can take off. I don't mind going nekkid, but beyond that there isn't much left you can do!

Archived