locations

Speaking of horrible places to live, Mesa, Az (where i sleep at night) sucks A$$! it is soooooooo boring here. i wanna move somewhere where the cost of living isnt to high, where i can open up a shop, and where there is all kinds of stuff to do when i go out to have some fun! and i want to get away from all the mormons who keep telling me that ciggatettes, booze, pre-marital sex, coffee, and soda are works of the devil! and i want to be able to smoke inside again!

I think that place is called LAS VEGAS! lol

Lived through the Whittier Quake and the Northridge Quake. It's been a while since we had any significant ones....hmmm I'm just hoping it's not anytime soon since my current job has my office in the basement of a 11 story building :-/

I think SoCal is actually the only place I could live. Los Angeles is definitely not a city in the same sense of a city as say NY or SF. It was deliberately built that way since the whole idea behind LA was not to become a huge city like NY. Wonderful how that worked out ah? But I guess that's what guided the kind of culture LA has today. As long as I have my sun, the ocean, and a good layer of smog...I'm a happy camper.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm from Wake Co., NC. But England if you really want to get technical though. (i have dual nationality- i was born over there)

Europe kicks America's ass as far as nice places to live. I want to buy some kind of property somewhere nice in England or in Poland where I have family. Plus the roads are so much more fun to drive :p

I go there every 4 or so years to visit the family. Went there for 3 weeks in the summer, and will probably be going again next summer. People there are just so much more relaxed about everything, unlike here where people fight over effing parking spots. The food is so much better too, it's kind of shocking how much stuff tastes like crap here compared to there. Even the soda is better there somehow. Plus the drinking age is 18 which is real nice. After coming back here, it felt weird to not have a beer with my food at a restaurant. Beer makes food taste better!

i wouldn't advise bothering with england.... at least not until they get their poltical situation sorted out. 80% of natives are desperate to leave, and Morrisey's even been reported saying that he will never live in England again because they can't seem to lose their british identity fast enough. I spent last year over there (with the intention of moving permanently) and i was horribly disappointed. I ended up moving back after only a year because I couldn't deal with the politics, immigration, manners and general lack of national pride. yeah, the foods nice and the drinking age being 18 is also quite nice, but it certainly doesn't outweigh the number of problems britain's currently facing.

Did I mention European women?

*giggles* you might want to have a read over this...

Everyone just needs to go to the south. It's SOOOOOO much better down there.

I agree! I'm such a southern gal at heart! lol. The town I live in, Cary (aka. "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees") is basically a northerners breeding ground though.

I dunno about Europe's food. Indeed it was great...pasteurized or not...but i dunno, food in UK was kind of bland IMO. I definitely had some awesome food in France, Spain, and Italy tho. But if the continent doesn't know how to make good Mexican food or understand the concept of salt and lime with a shot of tequila then definitely not a place for me. lol

You know where food is even better? Japan. Amazing stuff...even foreign foods are prepared better than the places they are from. Except Mexican food. Seriously, what is it with Mexican food? You can only find good Mexican food on the American continents. Give me two tacos and a horchata from King Taco and I'm a happy man.

I'm from Wake Co., NC. But England if you really want to get technical though. (i have dual nationality- i was born over there)

i wouldn't advise bothering with england.... at least not until they get their poltical situation sorted out. 80% of natives are desperate to leave, and Morrisey's even been reported saying that he will never live in England again because they can't seem to lose their british identity fast enough. I spent last year over there (with the intention of moving permanently) and i was horribly disappointed. I ended up moving back after only a year because I couldn't deal with the politics, immigration, manners and general lack of national pride. yeah, the foods nice and the drinking age being 18 is also quite nice, but it certainly doesn't outweigh the number of problems britain's currently facing.

*giggles* you might want to have a read over this...

I agree! I'm such a southern gal at heart! lol. The town I live in, Cary (aka. "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees") is basically a northerners breeding ground though.

Nice slogan. I personally would love to live in San Luis Obispo. Nice over there

hella white people hang at the starbucks, hella black people hang in bball courts and alleyways, hella asians hang at the pearl tea place, hella mexicans hang at the in n out, but we all meet up in business streets wednesday nights 11pm~3am til the cops come.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived