My build thread.

Ben.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEy Ben, Hate to thread jack but I'm kinda hammered. In fact hammered doesn't even begin to explain whre I'm at.

Werd om the build. Fick, I'm goin got pass the fisk out. Vomit and no poss for the lose.

Lessee. Test fitted the 98 front bumper, everything lined up perfectly. Haven't mounted the lip yet, because I don't have any double sided tape OR screws for it. Neither is either componenty painted the way I want it.

I've decided on a paint. Grand Prix White. Already priced it, it's fairly cheap. Obviously, the body work will be completely done prior to painting..and I'll have an ITR wing on there too.

Some pics to tide you folks over.

Lipless --

74d44512.jpg

32e84c54.jpg

Lip'd -- Keep in mind it's not bolted on entirely, so it'll flare a little on the sides.

51fed0db.jpg

7f9a3b4a.jpg

0e7d6547.jpg

The headlight and fitment up close --

127e8730.jpg

9cace627.jpg

0e617473.jpg

HEy Ben, Hate to thread jack but I'm kinda hammered. In fact hammered doesn't even begin to explain whre I'm at.

Werd om the build. Fick, I'm goin got pass the fisk out. Vomit and no poss for the lose.

I don't even remember typing that, lol.

Translation

Nice job. Wow, I believe I need a quick powernap. But first I must retreat to the lavatory to regurgitate. Unfortunately this is unattractive to the ladies and I will sleep alone tonight.

BTW, HF drunk posts FTW

Front end looks good, what's the grand prix white look like?

Were these the wheels you want? Saw these on a Saturn a few mins ago.

SSPX0231.jpg

Nah. I'm getting a set of Volk TE37's.

Car is authentic CTR -- resprayed Grand Prix White --

ctr_02.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

If you recognize the car..it used to belong to H-T member Dut. Good guy. Killer car.

TE37's will be gunmetal, and the paint won't be touched. The rims retail for 2kish on a regular basis.

I'd like blades as a cruising wheel, really.

GranPrix white is a nice white. Good choice and that'll look good with those wheels in gunmetal.

I am now under the impression that all of Florida has a blue tint over it. At least the most recent weren't like that I guess. Maybe you've solved that problem.

Kegger is teh man.

GranPrix white is a nice white. Good choice and that'll look good with those wheels in gunmetal.

I am now under the impression that all of Florida has a blue tint over it. At least the most recent weren't like that I guess. Maybe you've solved that problem.

Kegger is teh man.

You talking about the pictures having the blue tint?

Yea. That was the drastic change between camera phone to crapty digital camera.

2 grand for wheels? yeah theyre volks, but id rather have a turbo

I won't be paying 2 grand for the set I'm getting.

Haha, tirerack closeout price: $529 each

Why so much? Just the name?

The name..the rarity. They were at one point the first of their kind. Then came Rota and all the other knockoffs.

Archived