My build thread.

Ben.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GREAT! build...so excited... :)

congrats on the truck too...

like the headlights...good choice of rims...

and yay for turbo plans! how much are you gonna run to wait till it pops? imo your car can handle 5-7ish with stock internals...depending on setup and driving...???

b57967db.jpg

Wire them up, be super ricey and piss off BMW owners! Just kidding, for cheap, it is definetly worth the buy. One thing I really like about DC2/DB8 Integras, is that retrofits for H.I.D.'s look natural. Do it! Car is looking good thus far, has come a long way for how short of a time you have had it.

I've ordered a genuine ITR lip this go round.

So much for being a cheapass. At least the headlights function nicely. :D

I'm gonna get around to wiring them in soon enough, just to work with running lights obviously.

HID's only look good in actual OEM projectors. The ebay projectors (while they get the job done), don't project as well as OEM and don't play well with HID's. The light output I've seen in that combo is pretty bad so I wouldn't recommend HID plus those projectors. If you ever find a set of stock headlights for cheap though, definately get that and a set of HID's.

Oh, and good choice on getting an authentic ITR lip. I love mine and think the real deal ones look so much better than the knockoffs. I give you a gold star.

HID's only look good in actual OEM projectors. The ebay projectors (while they get the job done), don't project as well as OEM and don't play well with HID's. The light output I've seen in that combo is pretty bad so I wouldn't recommend HID plus those projectors. If you ever find a set of stock headlights for cheap though, definately get that and a set of HID's.

Oh, and good choice on getting an authentic ITR lip. I love mine and think the real deal ones look so much better than the knockoffs. I give you a gold star.

Your car, if I choose to keep mine black is the epitome of what I'd like, sans the SI rims.

I only bought these headlights as something to use to get the 98 swap fitted up and all. I highly doubt I'll stick with them, but for the money I spent on them that have relatively decent projection quality as opposed to a set of OEM's that retail for about 250 or so they're a steal.

And yea, the lip business is purely craptiness. I LOVE the way the authentic one looks. SOrta mad about the one I have, but I should be able to pawn it off on someone else.

I just wish I could find the optional side-skirts like you have on yours.

Thanks busted....that means a lot..really. By the way the SI rims have been sansed LOL. Haven't decided what rims I'm gonna get next but probably some Brig Racing rims to be different (really lightweight too in case you wanna check them out for yours.) Optional sides are really hard to find, but just keep your eye out on team-integra and H-T and you should be able to come accross a set. I'm enjoying watching your progress of making a nice teggy and keep up the good work.

Dunno who painted my sh*t but I'm hating it.

It's a decent paintjob. It just has metal flake in it. Which makes it look f*cking dirty even when it's spotless.

That's what I meant, OEM retrofit.

Itr lip is coming from Cali via ground shipping..probably be here in about three or four more days. Lights are working, still haven't wired in the halo's because I've been a little busy and don't particularly like working at nighttime.

Archived