Del Sizzol

So the car's exterior is pretty much finished.

I know I haven't been on the forum much, but eh, got lots going on.

After the accident I got a lot of new exterior mods.

Exterior:

JDM EG2 Front Bumper (no reflectors)

JDM/EDM Auxiliary lights

Painted the corners amber again

Buffed the original 1 piece headlights --- ditched the JDM 1 piecers, liked the amber more

EM1 Front lip -- paint matched

New OEM hood

New OEM windshield

JDM fenders with sidemarkers

Basically realigned the bumpers, took care of all rust, and recleared the car twice for extra gloss and deeper color.

Had a set of Mugen NR mirror finish wheels, but they were too bright for my blue car IMO. I just got a set of 16x7 Advan RG's in silver, but am currently sanding them down to have them powdercoated hyper black.

Pics very soon to come. Any volunteers?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, I was hoping there were some volunteers to come here and take some pics. My pics always = teh suxorz. Lol.

I used to think a lot of JDM stuff was lame, and still do on some stuff, but I really liked the EG2 front bumper and the aux lights look much better being they are glass instead of faded plastic. The EM1 lip is OEM and is one of the only lips that fit the sol without looking like crap.

I would take pics from my phone but the damn thing is frozen and locked up. Now I have to go to Verizon to get a new one. On a side note, don't get the new Q from Verizon. It is FTL.

I also got some interior stuff..... OEM Type R non SRS Steering wheel, quick release, and other little misc things like map lights and mugen pedals and stuff.

No side reflectors and some of them have the lower fogs.

Mine doesn't have the lower fogs cut out, but if you look behind the bumper, it shows exactly where to cut if you wanted to have them.

Also, I am not sure why, but it fits way way better than my OEM bumper.

There was some rust bubbling up underneath the paint right below the H emblem of the trunk.

The S2K projectors are in my parent's garage. I don't know how to do it, I tried. I know how to put them in, kinda, but don't know how to wire them. If someone wants them I'll sell them. It's not a huge deal to me at this stage.

I got the bumper from www.jdmland.com

Why? And if you think $400 is expensive, you haven't seen some of the real expensive JDM stuff. The fogs themselves sell for $400 and that's cheap!

I know a guy from www.jdmland.com who was able to hook me up, but I know people who have spend upwards of thousands for some JDM bumper or things along those lines.

Since I don't personally own a camera, I can post a pic from my cell phone that I took when the sol was outside in the parking lot. The way the pic turned out on my phone it looks like the sol is two different colors, lol, anyway here is one lousy pic.

Here is the sol without the fenders on. The sidemarkers didn't work and I don't want to be one of the guys that drives around with non functional sidemarkers, so here goes it.

DelSol.jpg

New wheels almost done, and REAL camera pics so you can see how nice the paint is shortly. I will get one of the guys I work with to shoot the car. The paint in person looks amazing.

Why? And if you think $400 is expensive, you haven't seen some of the real expensive JDM stuff. The fogs themselves sell for $400 and that's cheap!

I know a guy from www.jdmland.com who was able to hook me up, but I know people who have spend upwards of thousands for some JDM bumper or things along those lines.

400 is expensive for something that is the same as the one you have except for no holes for the sidemarkers. take some bondo and 20 minutes and you have the exact same thing, its just not JDM YO!

but the aux lights are a solid buy, ive been looking into those myself for a while, i just dont want to take my front bumper off again

I don't know the exact name of the paint, but it is a similar color to CBP, BUT, it is BASF paint which is FTW.

Anyway, the car is similar to CBP, but with blues (like some other colors -- silver, red, etc) the more clear on it makes it darker. Think about it like a pool -- if there is less water it doesn't look as dark as it would if there were more of the same water in that same pool.

We wound up spraying the entire car again, and we are giving it one more coat of clear to shine it up lots more tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM!

Why do you ask busted?

Archived