And not OSX. Mac is so much better then Microsoft.

I've had one windows computer and 2 Macs. I never had any problems with either Mac the only reason I've had two is because I had a Powerbook G4 and now the new Macbook Pro.

Not only are most Mac's less expensive, they run a hell of a lot better.

So, people tell me, why Windows? :nono:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm mac retarded i can't use them and don't want to try. im an IT guy so my computer not working "right" is an on going battle like you guys and your cars. i format and reload my pc every couple months. the key to computers is back-ups. it doesn't matter how good your computer is it's not as good as the one the other person likes that's why they are personal computers. i prefer windows to mac and xp to vista. that's b/c im a gamer.

Why OSX and not Linux? Linux has such a variety of distributions to fit your needs amazing support forums and almost any windows equivalent program to run whatever you need.....and it's free as well as all the programs.

So I ask, why Windows or OSx and not Linux?

Why OSX and not Linux? Linux has such a variety of distributions to fit your needs amazing support forums and almost any windows equivalent program to run whatever you need.....and it's free as well as all the programs.

So I ask, why Windows or OSx and not Linux?

Linux does not compare to the new OSX, have you read the reviews? Heres a link.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

I have a Macbook and a Dell....obviously I prefer the Mac over the PC by a long-shot.

When I ask people "Why not just get a Mac?" most of their answers are "I've never used one before,' or, 'My parents won't let me get one..."

I dunno, most people grew up with PC's, so why switch and try to learn new software?

$0 is better than $129 but maybe that's just me. I didn't read the reviews (don't actually care), but Linux does all I need and more and it cost nothing. I will agree that windows is not so great except that there's a lot of cases where you just have no choice but to run it.

$0 is better than $129 but maybe that's just me. I didn't read the reviews (don't actually care), but Linux does all I need and more and it cost nothing. I will agree that windows is not so great except that there's a lot of cases where you just have no choice but to run it.

You get what you pay for in that matter. You have to look at all the goodies that the OSX comes with. I've ran Linux before, it's pretty decent. But IMO nothing compares to OSX.

I have a Macbook and a Dell....obviously I prefer the Mac over the PC by a long-shot.

When I ask people "Why not just get a Mac?" most of their answers are "I've never used one before,' or, 'My parents won't let me get one..."

I dunno, most people grew up with PC's, so why switch and try to learn new software?

Yeah, espically if your Dell is running Vista. It's so buggy and has terrible support.

But see, you have to look at where technoligy will be in a few years.. People will need to adapt to new software. With OSX there isn't really a learning, it's so simple yet it's more advanced then Windows.

I like unix a lot. There is so much you can do with it, its open source so you can compile whatever you want with your OS. Its just an awesome os. For a server on a network, Im going to be using Unix because I am used to the CLI.

I also like Windows over Mac. I have used OSX and never really liked it.

I like unix a lot. There is so much you can do with it, its open source so you can compile whatever you want with your OS. Its just an awesome os. For a server on a network, Im going to be using Unix because I am used to the CLI.

I also like Windows over Mac. I have used OSX and never really liked it.

Well, thats you. Good points though.:thumbsup:

Well.......technically the new mac OS is 10.5, not X..........but.....by all means.....it's better than windows vista. I'm running windows vista ultimate 64 bit edition on my desktop. 2 gigs of ram and it still sucks up system resources. If microsoft could focus on making a OS that runs well instead of looking cool.......I think I might have some respect left over for them...........so far....i'm still waiting for them to make a good product so they can redeem themselves.......

Well.......technically the new mac OS is 10.5, not X..........but.....by all means.....it's better than windows vista. I'm running windows vista ultimate 64 bit edition on my desktop. 2 gigs of ram and it still sucks up system resources. If microsoft could focus on making a OS that runs well instead of looking cool.......I think I might have some respect left over for them...........so far....i'm still waiting for them to make a good product so they can redeem themselves.......

Thats the OS my moms running (ultimate). It's crap man, except I built her PC for her and it has 4 gigs of ram and a xeon processer. Hers runs..alright other then it's so easy to get a virus on Windows. But I do agree with you.

lol this makes me laugh. thanks for the laugh at the end of a crapty work day. the only way you get lag is if your NETWORK sucks or your HARDWARE. it's not the os. i hate m$ with a passion but when your games are only run on windows or mac. i will choose windows. plus i get really good deals on software so it's not that big of a deal to use. i might try out osx though.

How is lag, freezing, updates, terrible quality, so much better....?:ninja:

well ive had it for about a year and a half, hasnt frozen once, the updates are much better than on the macs. the only thing that is better about the mac is that it looks cool, and you can start doing things faster after start-up.

ive had numerous problems with our macs. for a while we wouldnt shut it down because it would take about 15 minutes to reboot. my brother is a computer whiz so we backed it up, erased the hard drive, reinstalled the software blablabla but still problems come up. also using some programs such as AIM, you couldnt close a window, or else it would freeze, and then quit out of the entire thing, or just freeze and the colorful spinny wheel would sit there for hours.

edit: i also think its funny how mac made their systems able to run windows...seems like giving up to me

i do give mac props for itunes and the ipod because i love both of those products

well ive had it for about a year and a half, hasnt frozen once, the updates are much better than on the macs. the only thing that is better about the mac is that it looks cool, and you can start doing things faster after start-up.

ive had numerous problems with our macs. for a while we wouldnt shut it down because it would take about 15 minutes to reboot. my brother is a computer whiz so we backed it up, erased the hard drive, reinstalled the software blablabla but still problems come up. also using some programs such as AIM, you couldnt close a window, or else it would freeze, and then quit out of the entire thing, or just freeze and the colorful spinny wheel would sit there for hours.

edit: i also think its funny how mac made their systems able to run windows...seems like giving up to me

i do give mac props for itunes and the ipod because i love both of those products

aim....mac's have ichat.. why use aim?

they made it able to run windows so there more expandable. a mac rarely has updates..

itunes mac, yes, ipod? apple.

also, you were probably running a older ibook g3, g4 something around that bc i had a powerbook g4 for 3 years and it never froze and my macbook has yet to freeze.

lol this makes me laugh. thanks for the laugh at the end of a crapty work day. the only way you get lag is if your NETWORK sucks or your HARDWARE. it's not the os. i hate m$ with a passion but when your games are only run on windows or mac. i will choose windows. plus i get really good deals on software so it's not that big of a deal to use. i might try out osx though.

actually if you want to get technical, an os has bugs, every os does, bugs can cause lag and can crash your pc. yeah your hardware plays a big roll and your network does for browsing. you can have 256mb ram, 5gb hd and your computer can run smooth.:thumbsup:

I work on and service all three: Windows, OSX and Linux. One is for people who do not know how to operate a computer without everything being spoon-fed to them(osx), one is for people who don't know better and are just lemmings(ms), and the other is for people who want something that works correctly without all the fluff.

Its all in the person as to how and if they work right. I operate all three in my home network. And to be honest the most unstable of the three is the linux box (but that is not the fault of the os really). The OSX machine sucks as the only thing you can do with it is browse the net, and multimedia tasks. And my windows xp system, believe it or not, has been glitch free, virus free and runs easily for a month at a time between reboots without an issue.

Since I got my Mac a few years back, I hardly touched my PC again. Now, the PC has been dead since the spring and it hasn't phased me really at all.

I tried out Vista briefly, and thought it was complete garbage. I actually longed for XP while using it, and that's saying a lot seeing how much I loathe XP.

There's all sorts of lag.....you can have processor lag....graphics lag......lag from not having sufficient memory.........crappy internet..................a lot of stuff.....

How is lag, freezing, updates, terrible quality, so much better....?:ninja:

Well, obviously you just don't know how to setup and properly tweak Windows (XP for instance). On our computers at work we have about 70 computers/users that connect to about 8 novell servers and 5 Windows Servers. Out of the 70 workstations we might have 1 or 2 per year that freeze, no lag except the occasional network lag, updates are automatically acquired from the server, and we rarely have to update anything other than some of the court software for Statutes etc.....

Not saying that Mac couldn't do the same thing, but people who can't build and run a PC without it freezing just don't know much about Windows.

Oh, and those 1-2 per year are user errors from dumb users screwin' stuff up. About 10 minutes with system restore gets them going again.

Archived