I want a new car.

..SSR..

So I put the MFactory close gear set in along with a EX final drive (also put my Action Clutch back in). Clutch is making a noise when I engage it in neutral. ISB needs to be replaced (that or I need to clearance the case a little more for 5th gear). Clutch is engaging really hard for having the stock CMC in it so thats weird. Put the stock manifold back on so I can fix my SMSP exhaust (broke a hanger) and the CEL is still on so I need to see what code its throwing. I have a metallic squeaking noise coming from the right rear suspension. And my driver side engine mount took a crap on me.

None of its a big deal (other than the trans since I'll have to do it in my street again since my garage is full of project cars) but its pissed me off enough to want another car.

/rant

I'm not going to sell it. I might get a new car late this winter though and drive this one everyday.

One of the project cars is an older Jetta that I'll get around to when I feel like it. The other is a customers CRX Si that I'm waiting on some parts for.

wow...it amazes me how people have many cars they work on...I have such bad memory I would put the other car's parts into another! lol exaggerating but ya, I just stick to one car...

so, late winter...what are you gonna get? :)

ITR

Might change my engine build up to suit daily driving better. Thinking a little ahead of time and trying to see what would be best financially for me and my business.

Found the cause of my tranny woes.

Something happened to 2nd gear counter (probably was my fault since I did it at 4am). The synchro hub grinded against the gear. Both are worn very badly. The synchro won't even come off the gear when prying on it. I have a spare hub, but sold the Y8 counter second I had about a year ago. 7 D16 trannies in the garage and no Y8's. So now with the ITR Expo in about 2 weeks I am trying to find a Y8 counter second. If my boss hadn't of fired me on Thursday for tmy new nieces last minute doctors appointment, I'd just buy a new one from Honda.

God hates me.

I'm going to throw in a Z6 mainshaft and matching counter gears in a few minutes and check all the clearances. IF they come out right then I'm just going to use that. .009 difference on 2nd won't hurt anything.

It's my best friends car. Not charging him, but he will take care of me soon.

i feel ya brother....just when I get one thing fixed another thing breaks, and it's getting f*cking old.

Good luck with everything.

Try owning a DSM............. My o2 sensor went bad, changed it then my ECT went bad, now my temp sender is on the fritz so the temp guage sometimes says the car is overheating, im dragging a brake, I need new battery terminals, my high idle speed valve is dead so my car idles at 2 grand, the oil pump sprocket is off 180 degrees so it vibrates wickedly at >3000 rpm (sounds like ass), I have 4 broken studs on my head to my exhaust manifold and one bolt that bolts the turbo to the manifold broke so my turbo lags like a bitch (14b making full boost at like 4500 ftmfl) and to top it all off my paint is fading like a pair of blue jeans in bleach (my car looks pink).

God damn 18 year old car!!!

Still runs like a champ though and walked a mustang hard with 245k miles on the clock

not sure if the internals are the same, but i have a y8 auto with broken mounting brackets, so it does noone any good at all. Only thing I was going to do wit it was take it apart to see what it looked like inside.

I have a spare y8 trans.....you can have that part for free if you want it. I just want to know what to take off. If it gets to you in time, you can use it instead of the z6 one.

I'll just have you know that the trans you sent me has a bad bearing or two. Started hearing noises from the trans, and pulled it last night. FTL. Lol

Used the Z6 2nd gear. Y8 oil guide plate isn't the same, destroyed that when I torqued the case down. Pulling one out of a Z6 I have. Then I just need to check the clearance on the mainshaft to see if I need to reshim it. If I do, there is another couple days of down time.

Piece of crap Honda.

Z6 oil guide plate in. Case went together fine. Mainshaft spins, but there is a clunking noise. This is the longest trans build I've ever done (repeating myself for dramatic affect).

Car runs. No binding. T/O bearing is shot and there is a noise on decel which I think is the ISB due to the binding I cause by torquing the case down with the wrong oil guide plate. Going to go put some miles on it, change the fluid, and if it still makes the decel noise, order an ISB and have it overnighted so I can fix it on Monday.

Archived