Trans is in

SolLesHonda

The trans from EH6TunerDaniel came in about two weeks ago.

I finally had a day off work so yesterday, I swapped my DX trans for something a little more fun, EX trans.

My stock DX trans had a bad ISB, so I decided to get an EX trans instead of buying just a new ISB.

My old DX trans will be getting sent to ..SSR.. soon for EX 1,2,3,5 gear, DX 3rd for 4th, and MFactory/Infinitude 4.9 FD, new ISB, and seals, etc.

Pics up shortly. Need to find the cord to connect to my computer.

Nice... keep us posted on it

And its nice to see you posting in the forum again Mike.. I know you probably have been... I haven't been around much lately though. Good luck with the build bro

lol I bet.. Yeah I don't know if you read my post before but I am actually selling my civic and possibly picking up a celica gt-s. So like in my other thread I'm looking for parts. But yeah post some pics because I will still be working with my civic (selling it to roommate) and they would help us if we ever needed it

yes mainshaft bearings , go to honda , and ask them for input shaft bearings and see what they say , lol , ill bet you 10 bucks he wont know what you mean unless you call them mainshaft bearings , lol. the parts guys are usualy dum as stumps and if you dont tell them the exact word to look for like google search , lol , he wont know what your talking about. call them what they are really called , makes you look smarter anyways , lol.

It is ISB. Call gearspeed, houseman,m anyone, they all call it ISB.

RPM drop from 3-4 is a little over 1,000 RPM.

I've picked up quite a few Z6 and Y8 trannys. Might as well build one of those to save on shipping.

whatever you think dude. you have 2 shafts , mainshaft and countershaft. thats it. if you wanna call it the wrong thing , thats your own perrogative.

Some pics of the install.

Trans:

DelSolProgress017.jpg

Prepping the area:

DelSolProgress005.jpg

More:

DelSolProgress006.jpg

Time to Begin!:

DelSolProgress007.jpg

My Dad showing off his cut from the Ball Joint tool:

DelSolProgress009.jpg

Later that day:

DelSolProgress011.jpg

Random:

DelSolProgress010.jpg

Bad Pic:

DelSolProgress014.jpg

Ameripol!:

DelSolProgress015.jpg

HID's:

DelSolProgress016.jpg

I wish someone who was good at picture taking could do some for me, my car looks terrible in pics lol.

Looks amazing in person though.

off topic... but what did you use to retro fit your HID's. i might be getting some from an audi but not quite sure how to make it work.

back on topic... good job on the trans, your dad looks old skool and the top looks sick. all you need is some wheels and i think it would be a perfect del sol.

Yeah.

Recommendation on wheels? I'm thinking either Mugen NR's or Blades if I'm cheap lol.

Audi projector's work, but I decided on the S2K HID housing.

See if you can get the Audi or TSX ones. They should be Bi-Xenon which means they will have HID and extra bright HID lol when you turn on your brights.

Recommendation on wheels? I'm thinking either Mugen NR's or Blades if I'm cheap lol.

im weird about my wheel selection because i prefer a wheel the was available around the time the car was new. im not too hot on newer design wheels on older cars. i think an old school wheel is the best thing you can do an older car. like jimmy's sol, those panasports cant be any more perfect for his sol although hes rocking sprinthart cpf's now.

check out my friend jimmy's shop website and look in the 15" wheel section, i think theres a set of pana's somewhere there (theyre orange but you can always paint them). this guys legit, he imports jdm parts and sells them for a decent price.

I really want to.

Because my car looks not good in pics. Lol.

Could I stay at your crib?

yep, no problem....just PM chris to maybe set up a date in the summer, then let me know if you're gonna do it :thumbsup:

Archived