90's BALLER ASS Build Thread...

90IntegraC1

Well...I was contemplating a ridiculous N/A build, but in the end, i don't want to deal w/ a lumpy ass idle as a DD and re-filling nitrous bottles would become very pricey....so here's the new plan.............

Engine

New B18B Block

Balanced Crank

Clevite Rod Bearings

Clevite Main Bearings

Honed Cylinder Walls

Golden Eagle Block Guard

ARP Head Studs

Eagle Rods w/ ARP Rod Bolts (come installed)

CP Pistons

--->this is where I have questions. Would it be safe to run 10.5:1 pistons with this set-up? Or should I run 9:1?

Jackson Racing Supercharger

--->Dyno of a gsr w/ I/H/E made 222 whp, 159 tq

--->Integragsr.gif

AN-R Compact Header

SMSP High-flow Cat

RS*R ExMag Cat-back

Fuel

Walbro 255 lph Fuel Pump/Install Kit

B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator

B&M Fuel Pressure Gauge

RC 550cc Peak and Hold Injectors

OEM Fuel Rail

Tune:

Chipped P28 ECU w/ Crome

OBD-0-->OBD-1 Conversion Harness

Dyno Tune by John at J-K-Tuning

This is after n/a tune, wheels, front lip, and mild tint.

Pretty decent for a DD IMO.

:)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screw the procharger. They don't make power until really high in the band. THey make boost per rpm so they're super peaky. Jackson Racing will give you a nice torque curve and a funner daily driver. Plus a JR will be faster than a Centrifigal, even with substantially less peak whp.

Eh I looked at the procharging kits.....they only make them for 94-01 integra's, so then I'd need custom piping, no thanks.

I'm gonna go with the Jackson Racing S/C. Instant boost FTW.

Mike-Cranny says ACL are crap and recommends Clevite, so I took his advice....might wanna ask him about that, I don't remember 100% why ACL aren't good.

I would look into Comptech, but they're out of business I believe. It's a damn shame too, they made such nice parts.

nice to see someone steering in the sc direction and not boost...for once lol. i dont know if any of you have seen it but they make super/turbo charger kits for an STi. best of both worlds. its pretty insane, instant power and it made like over 500whp.

Someone I used to work with at the garage (incidentally he was hired so they could fire me) was telling me about those kits my last day at work there. They sounded sick.

nice to see someone steering in the sc direction and not boost...for once lol. i dont know if any of you have seen it but they make super/turbo charger kits for an STi. best of both worlds. its pretty insane, instant power and it made like over 500whp.

Not to nit-pick but isnt a sc a kind of boost? Or is "boosting" just turbochargers? I dunno..

That deffinitly sounds badass... 10:1 compression and a steady 8 lbs or so of boost will deffinitly make for a nice combo...

How well do those blockguards work?

I know a guy with one of the prochrager kits, and it makes boost quick.

JRSC is good too, just a recommendation.

I have never heard anything bad about ACL.

Every engine builder I have met uses them and they last fine.

Not to nit-pick but isnt a sc a kind of boost? Or is "boosting" just turbochargers? I dunno..

yeah sc creates boost, i was just typing out and i usually refer to a turbo setup as boost since thats all people do now a days lol. so my bad.

lol i just found this....

twin turbo supercharged sti.....

0008.JPG

0011.JPG

0003.JPG

/threadjack

Only 222whp? Joey's "old" Si "EG" went 220whp all motor and at the end of the day he can say he did it boost free. Hell, I plan on getting up there with my all motor build. And look at Tim's DA, 360whp with a stock B16. What happened to going all motor? When I said boost, you said boo. When I said I wanted to sell the car, you said boo, then you said you wanted to sell yours. Haha. Make up your mind!

We already discussed this at work, but i'll type it out anyways....

I need my DA as a Daily Driver, and I want it to be as comfortable and reliable as possible. You wanted to do a huge turbo build, therefore forcing you to buy a truck and trailer. That's about $15,000 right there. I, personally, don't see how that would be worth it considering it's a FWD car that you would try to make into a drag car, which is almost pointless when you could buy a Trans Am or Evo and run the same times your Civic would run b/c of zero traction.

Now, the reason I don't want to do a N/A build is this: the idle. I've dealt with a crapty idle since day 1. It has never idled correctly and I'm tired of it. If I did a N/A build and got the RM M22X Camshafts that I wanted, even with the tune, they would cause the car to shake at idle, which I'm not about to deal with.

A supercharger is $2200 up front, I'll have a nice +58 hp and + 30 tq to play with, it will put me in the high 12's, and it will satisfy my needs as an everyday commuter.

yeah, you will have a nice dd with some oomph.

and that was the STi i was talkin about lol. sorry i had your thread jacked dan.

yeah, you will have a nice dd with some oomph.

and that was the STi i was talkin about lol. sorry i had your thread jacked dan.

haha i don't care at all....thread jack FTW.

Archived