90's BALLER ASS Build Thread...

90IntegraC1

It is disabled on the chipped P28 (Crome)....the tuner, John, showed me everything and basically how it works when I took him for a test drive.

Anywho, tomorrow I'm picking up a 2" intermediate pipe made for my car w/ a resonator. For now I'm keeping my CAT, but that will be replaced soon with a test pipe. The axle-back portion of the exhaust is custom. It will be pre-bent 2" piping curved to the exhaust opening on the rear bumper with a nice tip welded on the end. Yeah, it's not a 2 1/4 inch cat-back, but it will flow much nicer w/o a CAT and muffler....we shall see though.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bolted up my cat and mid-pipe this morning.

Midas charged me $45 to separate the old hacked off intermediate pipe and the cat...which required a propane torch, which I don't have....

I had to go accross the street to the hardware store and buy 3 drill bits (small, medium, and large) to drill holes in the JDM GSR Exhaust Manifold I'm using so the cat would bolt up to it....after that it was cake, and went on smooth...sounds damn good too.

I'm ordering a Megan Racing Test Pipe next friday, and I want to take it to Meinke to have a custom rear axle-back exhaust made w/ a nice tip...

Next tuesday or wednesday the B16 trans is going in, as well as my PWJDM Magnetic Drain plug....wooot

That's all for now.

No....the nuts were seized to the studs that come out of the cat. I didn't want to break those b/c I don't have a replacement (test pipe) yet.

No pics or vids for a while b/c my mac had iced tea spilled everywhere and it broke. Apple won't fix it, so I'm gonna go buy a black mac book next week. FTW.

i know they don't have a head.....so they're studs coming out of the cat w/ nuts on the end to secure the intermediate pipe to the cat....I don't have a propane torch to break them loose appropriately, hence why I took it to Midas to be done correctly...

ask matt, rob, brian, eric, anyone who has seen it in west chester....lol they all said "you swap a 350 in there?"

ha seriously, it doesn't sound like a honda at idle. it sucks.

Nah, I'm the only one who does not think that in our little group. I just started to agree so I wouldn't have to argue with Matt. It sounds like a four banger running open headers or a V8 with cams with full exhaust, and running on 6 or 7 cylinders. I don't think you guys have "really" heard a V8 with cams, sounds nothing like that.

Closest thing to a "V8" sounding Honda...

Rob. Surely you can find a cammed LS1 clip in there somewhere. :)

And, GODDAMN. Are those The Toda Vtec Killer cams? LOL.

Rob. Surely you can find a cammed LS1 clip in there somewhere. :)

And, GODDAMN. Are those The Toda Vtec Killer cams? LOL.

Here is one though its not all out.

i love how cams just make it a totally different car man. your buds camaro sounds tight comp , nice ride , for a chev tell him , haha ;). that corvette sounds like it runs a real aggressive cam man , lol.

Archived