90's BALLER ASS Build Thread...

90IntegraC1

well im 3500 miles from you dude , lol , theres of course no way i can tell you for sure without being under the hood of your car. the only way to confirm your ecu causing the problem would be to swap a p30 ecu in it and see how it runs than. you must know someone with an OBD1 B16 or GSR swap , or a 92-95 VTEC sol. couple screws and 3 plugs to test man.

you have no engine light but your vtec doesnt work and idle is fluctuating slightly? its so hard dude when your trying to fix others fuk up's specially when you dont know all thats been done and went down with the car when it was put together , you know what im saying. as long as your wiring is good , its gotta be the ecu. if your pressure switch or vtec solenoid wasnt wired properly or was a break in the wire , your engine light would come on if not when you start the car , when you tried to hit vtec. i take it your not running any knock sensor either right? cause your ecu thats chipped has it disabled? is the ground for the pressure switch on and good ground?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^thanks, but they're $150 on honda-tech...

Cranny-->actually threw a CEL today sitting in traffic...it was idling erratically around 2K, then the CEL came on and it went down to 1500 rpm and idled great. Still no vtec though....Rob has a chipped ecu in his civic, so I doubt that would help....

my buddy Brian3111 has a stock gsr, but i don't think he'd help me out and drive out here, he's like 45 minutes away :/

no dont do that , lol. 45 minutes far??? jesus i drive 30 each way to work for jesus sakes , lol. get the code dude , what code did it throw? in reality , although an ecu might cost you now , you can always sell them for what you paid dude. you know this. stock OBD1 P72 would be sweet too for the test.

Well I hooked up 2 ecu's tonight before i detailed the car.....

First one was Rob's JDM P72 (i think) that runs his JDM B18C, and it has a Type-R Basemap.....my car barely stayed on, threw a code, and when i hit WOT nothing happened lol, it was bad.

Second one was Brian's stock P72 ecu, and it ran quite well....apparently vtec was engaging, and if it was vtec blows lol....the idle is still all sorts of fracked up though....pisses me off lol

than your idle is somin to do with the install of parts under your hood or wiring of some sort dude. keep on the lookout for an OBD VTEC wiring harness , and change your car right over hardwired instead of dealing with that bullcrap. do you still run an auto itake manny and crap liek that?

no, i have the Blox Intake manifold and Maxbore ported LS TB to 62mm. I still have the AT box on the passenger side firewall with 3 vacuum lines coming out of it....it wouldn't idle without it b/c the car is wired to always think it's in neutral....

hmm, i want to keep it obd-1 b/c the o2, dizzy, and injecters are all wired up already....

Well I hooked up 2 ecu's tonight before i detailed the car.....

First one was Rob's JDM P72 (i think) that runs his JDM B18C, and it has a Type-R Basemap.....my car barely stayed on, threw a code, and when i hit WOT nothing happened lol, it was bad.

Second one was Brian's stock P72 ecu, and it ran quite well....apparently vtec was engaging, and if it was vtec blows lol....the idle is still all sorts of fracked up though....pisses me off lol

Yeah, I ran Dan's ECU and it seemed okay, seemed like my car was pretty quick. Only thing is, I'm not sure if it was all that quick. VTEC was engaging on mine, but it almost seemed like I was going extremely fast at the same time I felt I was going really slow, makes no sense, but it's wierd. It could partially be the ECU though. When I slowly went up to 5500 RPM, it tended to break up and make my car bounce around.

I drove his car and Brian rode along, it sounds like it is engaging, but it doesn't at the same time. When you are WOT it sounds like it is, but that could just be the intake making noises and being deceptive. When I slowly went up, it sort of felt and sounded like it engaged. I'm thinking it may possibly be the fact that we expected it to be much faster. I know it is harder to tell when VTEC engages without exhaust. When I was running around on my WS2 I couldn't tell when VTEC engaged, with a loud exhaust it is so noticable. I think we should take the exhaust off and listen.

i think its a combo of both after reading that. i think your throttle body is too much for what you have done dan. i think you should ditch the TB for now , run a stock one , and try that first. and if it still runs fuked up , get an ecu and hold onto your chipped one for future mods dude. thats my opinion dude. the ecu under certain conditions was making his car run rough too , so theres issues there. and i assure you that TB is too big for what you have done.

well, a stock gsr has a 62mm throttle body, and i'm running comparible compression with a gsr head, so I don't think the TB is toooo much, i may be wrong though....luckily i have a stock LS TB in my basement from my parts car....it's stuck to the manifold though lol, can't get it off at all.

At some point i'm going to take a pic of my vacuum lines, I swear they're all sorts of fracked up....they're completely different now than before, and I think that may have something to do with the idle.

i think its a combo of both after reading that. i think your throttle body is too much for what you have done dan. i think you should ditch the TB for now , run a stock one , and try that first. and if it still runs fuked up , get an ecu and hold onto your chipped one for future mods dude. thats my opinion dude. the ecu under certain conditions was making his car run rough too , so theres issues there. and i assure you that TB is too big for what you have done.

Um, what kind of ECU are you saying he should get and run stock? A stock P28 so then it won't run right at all? A stock P72, which we already tried? A stock P73, which is pretty much what mine is, which we already tried? A "stock" ECU isn't going to solve anything, it either needs to get tuned that bad, which is wierd to me, or something went wrong with the installation. My friend runs a P28 in his LS-VTEC CRX and the thing doesn't engage VTEC all the time, doesn't run right, needs to be chipped. Dan's ECU has a basemap for a very similar LS-VTEC setup, so I see no reason to take that off and wait to use that down the road, because it shold be fine. My friend Eli gave me his ECU, I believe it was a P28, and I brought it when my car got chipped and basemapped, he had a very similar CRVTEC basemap, slapped it on, and the thing runs amazing.

Yeah, stock P72 ecu didn't seem to do anything at all besides make it slower....same with Rob's, but that was worse than the P72.

I need to check over these vacuum lines, I swear there's a leak somewhere....

Yeah, stock P72 ecu didn't seem to do anything at all besides make it slower....same with Rob's, but that was worse than the P72.

My ECU is more like a P73, basemap is for a Type-R, so...

• 3 weeks later...

So I picked up my B16 Y1 Cable Trans w/ LSD 2 days ago....painted the case gunmetal, and came out great. I don't have pics b/c my comp is down.

Anywho, installed my JDM GSR Exhaust Manifold, but my LS Cat wouldn't bolt up at all....so i'm running open header now lol, sounds like a chevy small block, i have a vid too just can't upload it.

I'm having my straight pipe exhaust made early this week, have it on hopefully soon.

90/91-->92/93 Front Bumper conversion is after that as well as a new PS fender (being painted)

After that is god knows what.

I need one of those so bad... give it to me..

LS trans for a GSR swap is so ftl its not even funny...

But anyway that should be badass... a friend of mine has an LS swap in his rex with a b16 trans and the ls hauls ass

ask matt, rob, brian, eric, anyone who has seen it in west chester....lol they all said "you swap a 350 in there?"

ha seriously, it doesn't sound like a honda at idle. it sucks.

ha seriously, it doesn't sound like a honda at idle. it sucks.

hahaha :laugh:

you said you are not running a knock sensor rite? if that is the case thats the reason why NONE of those other ecu's are working worth a crap because they are not allowing vtec to engage and they are drastically retarding timing all of the time.

now as for an explanation for the chipped ecu... i dunno, unless the knock circuit isn't actually disabled like you think it is...

hell if i know just ideas

Archived