90's BALLER ASS Build Thread...

90IntegraC1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dan's reasons to go SC make a lot of sense. It makes me consider going SC for my sol (like way down the road) since that would be a nice power addition and it would be nice not to deal with a terrible idle and all that.

That Subie is sick like I can't even understand. The engine bay just makes no sense at all to me since I haven't studied boost at all. I was like WTF? In the thread he mentions that the SC spools both turbos by 2300 rpms. That is just incredible.

I drove a Cobalt SS the other night. I wasn't impressed because it was boosting at 10psi and I could only spin through first. I was more impressed with a WRX. Maybe it was the AWD or maybe it was lighter but I just remember being impressed by the needle flying past 80mph at the top of 3rd gear.

But my point is that turbo > SC IMO

...though I do love the sound of the whine :)

I've seen a pully upgrade that cost around $500 and basically ups the boost. Puts the Cobalt SS Supercharged in the mid-low 13's. knocking a second off your 1/4 mile time for $500 is hard to beat. add intake, exhaust and header and it should really be quick. I personally don't mind cobalts too much, just hate the ricer wing that comes on the SS Supercharged.

I've seen a pully upgrade that cost around $500 and basically ups the boost. Puts the Cobalt SS Supercharged in the mid-low 13's. knocking a second off your 1/4 mile time for $500 is hard to beat. add intake, exhaust and header and it should really be quick. I personally don't mind cobalts too much, just hate the ricer wing that comes on the SS Supercharged.

agreed, but without it they are ugly too. so its a lose/lose situation lol.

yeah the upgrade for the JRSC is $500 and it will give me 10 lbs of boost as opposed to 7, which should make some nice power, especially tuned.

On Topic: Dan, I was wondering...aren't you broke? Or do you plan to work a lot in the summer since you'll be out of school and then do this?

Off Topic: The Cobalt SS is somewhat ugly with the big wing. Its really ugly without it though. And nate, if you consider the Cobalt SS wing to be "ricer" do you also consider the STi wing to be ricer too?? Just wondering, don't mean to call you out.

On Topic: Dan, I was wondering...aren't you broke? Or do you plan to work a lot in the summer since you'll be out of school and then do this?

Well I have a couple small things to pay off: Mike is getting the rest of his money on friday b/c I get paid and my mom is letting me pay her back over time for helping me out when I blew the head gasket.

I have a lot of money coming in though....side detailing with Matt is about $80 a car (we have about 7 lined up), I'm selling all my LS parts fairly easily, I just sold the 4-door's door panels for $50, being picked up tonight, I am working 32 hours this week with school, and my tax return comes in on May 9th....lol

The tax return is going straight to the tune though :crazy:

You said that the ECU is the reason for the idle and no vtec issues i'm having. so why no take it to the guy who converted my ecu from P06 to P28 and chipped it with Crome?

He's the one doing the tuning anyway...he also made my conversion harness.

it is most likely dan. but what im getting at is you need not a chipped ecu to run that setup. a stock DOHC VTEC ecu would work fine. your fuel multiplier value is most likely out of whack and thats whats causing your idle issues. im guessing though since im still learning about the inner workings of our ecu's. what would be ideal for you would be a stock OBD0 PR3 if you wanted to leave it OBD0 for now , less problematic most likely. that or a p30 if you wish to stay OBD1. at least until you get pistons and/or cams in it. what kind of fuel map is on your eprom? it cant be stock map or you car would run properly. tell them you want a stock P30 bin put on it till you get pistons. that shouldnt cost you hardly anything dude. simply take chip out , burn map to it , and plug it in and go. dont waste money on actual tuning yet , would be a waste.

Off Topic: The Cobalt SS is somewhat ugly with the big wing. Its really ugly without it though. And nate, if you consider the Cobalt SS wing to be "ricer" do you also consider the STi wing to be ricer too?? Just wondering, don't mean to call you out.

I don't consider the STI wing to be ricey because it was designed by engineers to increase downforce in Rally events. I garuntee the wing on a cobalt SS Supercharged wasn't designed with performance in mind, but rather for looks. Oh, and for the record.....no I don't care for the stock wing on STI's. If I ever get an STI...removing it will be my very first mod.

it is most likely dan. but what im getting at is you need not a chipped ecu to run that setup. a stock DOHC VTEC ecu would work fine. your fuel multiplier value is most likely out of whack and thats whats causing your idle issues. im guessing though since im still learning about the inner workings of our ecu's. what would be ideal for you would be a stock OBD0 PR3 if you wanted to leave it OBD0 for now , less problematic most likely. that or a p30 if you wish to stay OBD1. at least until you get pistons and/or cams in it. what kind of fuel map is on your eprom? it cant be stock map or you car would run properly. tell them you want a stock P30 bin put on it till you get pistons. that shouldnt cost you hardly anything dude. simply take chip out , burn map to it , and plug it in and go. dont waste money on actual tuning yet , would be a waste.

hmm, well I can't run OBD-0 because the o2 sensor is converted to the obd-1 4-wire, the injecters are re-wired, and the distributor is wired for obd-1.

If I could find a OBD-1 P30 or P72 ecu I would buy it in a second, but I can't seem to have any luck on honda-tech or team-integra....I don't know how to get a P30 bin, that exceeds my knowledge of Honda ECU's....thanks for your input! :D

i hear ya dude. a bin is simply a .bin file. the file that is put on the chip is known as a bin file. that is the file extension .bin , like a song is .mp3. pretty soon you guys will be able to send me your ecu , and ill send it back to you chipped and mapped. soon anyways. if you could get your hands on a P30 , that would be sweet. oh well , keep looking anyways. but like i said , i wouldnt waste money on getting a stock engine tuned dan , fuk that , save your money bud. wait till you get that bitch breathing fire first , lol.

Ha, well.....are you POSITIVE that the reason it's idling and vtec isn't engaging is just my ecu?

i need that confirmed before i call it off and buy a P30 ecu....

Archived