It started!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, In the future, i will not lift from the mani.

I wish I could have come to San Diego to do this, It would be cool to drink and work on my car with buds. We will meet up sometime though, Rick.

It rained today, so no updates.

hurry up, im waitin. and that goes for all you PA f*ckers too. come out here and let me buy you all a keg.

Dude i'm totally up for going to Cali. Maybe next summer when I'm not doing anything restrictive.

Daniel, I expect updates it was a beautiful day here in Rochester and if its nice here its most likely nice where you are.

• 2 weeks later...

you should go work on your car, that would be fun.

when my brother had his wisdom teeth out, he thought the lights in the ceiling were steering wheels and tried to drive them

omg, that is soooo funny. I didnt get that lucky, I knew everything that was going on, and feeling that saw was the most unpleasant feeling. Also hearing him breaking my teeth after cutting my jaw was the worst thing I wanted to hear inside my head.

Some updates: The motor is in the car, have have the time, motivation, or parts to do much lately. Here are a few pics of random stufff, and all the wiring I still have to do.

First, I converted my cars wiring harness for an OBD1 Dizzy.

DSCF0814.jpg

My new PWJDM Intake.

DSCF0815.jpg

DSCF0816.jpg

DSCF0819.jpg

Y8 manifold sensors.

DSCF0805.jpg

DSCF0806.jpg

This is on the fuel rail for the y8, dont know what it is.

DSCF0807.jpg

Now the b16 IM:

This is the bottom of it

DSCF0808.jpg

TPS?

DSCF0809.jpg

I dont know what this is

DSCF0810.jpg

Wiring in the car:

the left one on this one looks like it is the thing that plugs into what I though was the tps, but the b 16 has 2 plugs on the TB that look like it, the right plug goes into the thing on the bottome of the TB on the D, I dont know where it goes on the b or what plug to swap it with.

DSCF0811.jpg

This one is in with the group that go to the injectors, the right plug is the injector plug, the left one went to that sensor that was on the y8's fuel rail. am I gong to use that one?

DSCF0812.jpg

I think this one is for my knock sensor, its over in that area right next to the alternator.

DSCF0813.jpg

i sent you a PM , you can copy and paste it in here if you like , get others opinions. do you have the whole engine harness for the B16? if so , id change it over dude. than the car will be totally OBD1. just a thought.

which harness are you running right now? i forgot if your b16 is jdm or us. cause if its jdm sometimes theres little differences that dont really matter.

so when i swapped in my jdm b18c (obd2a) into my 00 itr (obd2b) i noticed the jdm unit doesnt have a pressure switch and some vacuum lines and stuff were different, i used my stock harness and just grounded out the stuff that wasnt needed. but the wiring for b16 and b18 might be different, idk.

buuuuuuuuut, im going to the shop where i get my car stuff and ill check if they have one laying around. but do you know if an ex harness would work as well, just asking so theres more options.

Right now, Im using my stock obd2a ecu, which would be the same as the obd2 ex ecu.

Its a JDM motor, but I think having an OBD1 harness would make things much easier. As long as its an OBD1 harness it should all go smoothly, but it would be aweseme it it was an ex/si/b16 harness though. Thanks.

Keep in mind I really have like no money to spend though, if it costs a lot, I wont be able to afford it right away.

yes your right nancy , no vtec pressure switch , also theres no CKP , crank fluc sensor on JDM OBD2 cars. also not 2 O2 sensors i beleve , maybe im wrong there.

Right now, Im using my stock obd2a ecu, which would be the same as the obd2 ex ecu.

Its a JDM motor, but I think having an OBD1 harness would make things much easier. As long as its an OBD1 harness it should all go smoothly, but it would be aweseme it it was an ex/si/b16 harness though. Thanks.

Keep in mind I really have like no money to spend though, if it costs a lot, I wont be able to afford it right away.

so is the car running? so i take it youre still using the stock ecu, right? did the b16 come with the ecu? if the motor is obd1 then your best bet is to keep it obd1 just to make it easier, just get the jumper harness for the ecu.

yes your right nancy , no vtec pressure switch , also theres no CKP , crank fluc sensor on JDM OBD2 cars. also not 2 O2 sensors i beleve , maybe im wrong there.

yeah, only one o2 sensor, i bolted one off.

Car isnt running yet, Im still waiting on a few parts. The motor came with a P30 ecu.I am going to buy a jumper harness for the ecu, but if you could get me an obd1 engine harness for pretty cheap or freed if the just have them laying around it would awesome of you.

Car isnt running yet, Im still waiting on a few parts. The motor came with a P30 ecu.I am going to buy a jumper harness for the ecu, but if you could get me an obd1 engine harness for pretty cheap or freed if the just have them laying around it would awesome of you.

for sure, ill definately look into it.

Archived