It started!!!!!!!!!

I picked this up yesterday, started working on it today. I dont have a way to lift out or put in the new engine yet. But I will soon, Im trying to get as much done before I get one as I can. Pics here

DSCF0744.jpg

DSCF0745.jpg

DSCF0750.jpg

Here is what Im putting in its place.

DSCF0751.jpg

DSCF0752.jpg

DSCF0754.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

solid. i thought the engine you were swapping in was the first pic, i was like uhhh dont you already have that motor?? how much did you pick the b16 up for? was it local

The secret has been revealed! Can't wait to see the end results, man.

My friend just pulled the engine out of his rx7 with a crank and a jump-rope. So I guess anything is possible.

I got some pics of your clutch, John. It still looks good.

Right on, man. Whenever you're ready send those parts on over and we'll do this thang.

Best of luck with the swap.

how do you fab up a linkage? why didn't it come with shift linkage?

Cut/Weld/Bend the existing one..

I can cut an LS integra linkage like 2 and a quarter inches and its a direct bolt on to the crx...

I think... Its something like that tho...

Yay for swaps... a buddy of mine just picked up a B16 for his hatch...

That seems like a lot of money for a swap. I'm hoping to get around that for my entire car! This is why I won't miss the tuner scene once I have the sol I'm keeping stock for a while.

By the way, I was going to tell you about this thread:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1903858

But it seems you already know about it, haha.

Yeah, I think Im just going to buy his shift linkage. The swap was worth it for me, since I kinda needed, kinda wanted a new motor to play with. I have plans for it, but dont really want to go into detail just yet, since it will pretty far off in the future.

More progress pics. Picked up the cherrypicker about 4:00 today. pulled the old motor out, did my manual steering rack conversion, and the bay is pretty much ready for the new motor. I found out I also need an integra timing belt side bracket, so I didnt get to put the new one in yet.

My buddy keith

DSCF0756.jpg

DSCF0757.jpg

DSCF0758.jpg

DSCF0759.jpg

DSCF0760.jpg

DSCF0761.jpg

Yeah, the back of it is covered in cv grease from a broken boot. I had a lifetime warranty on the boot and got $$$ back for it! Ill see what I can do to get it as clean as possible.

Also, this more than likely wont happen, but I do have a lifetime warranty on the trans as well (purchased through auto zone). I am going to call and see if I can get a cash refund for it (I paid $700), but if not, Its going to you.

Also, this more than likely wont happen, but I do have a lifetime warranty on the trans as well (purchased through auto zone). I am going to call and see if I can get a cash refund for it (I paid $700), but if not, Its going to you.

Archived