For all of you D lovers and haters

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you see the new issue of Honda tuning with the EK4 hatch with the H22 swap with 852 WHP.

i posted that somewhere else on here lol...it was an EK9 hatch though. i didn't really understand the fmic that was on it though. can u explain chubs?

Yeah I did. Too bad you guys are just thinking plain stupid.

I don't know if you know this, but a civic with a 400whp turbo'd D will run 11's. Easily. You guys and hp numbers. I didn't think you all were that way.

Talk to anyone, anyone who actually spends their time at the drag strip. HP number means nothing. But ok guys. If you want to spend 20,000 to build a K turbo to run 10.5 or 10,000 to build a perfect D turbo to run 11 flat, go right ahead. Truth of the matter is, they are both awesome. I jsut root for the D.

I don't know if you know this, but a civic with a 400whp turbo'd D will run 11's. Easily. You guys and hp numbers. I didn't think you all were that way.

Talk to anyone, anyone who actually spends their time at the drag strip. HP number means nothing. But ok guys. If you want to spend 20,000 to build a K turbo to run 10.5 or 10,000 to build a perfect D turbo to run 11 flat, go right ahead. Truth of the matter is, they are both awesome. I jsut root for the D.

lol solLes, dont take it to heart. and re state what you said. horsepower isnt AS important, but it still has a factor. thats just plain stupid to say that it doesnt.

and of course hung, unless you have awd :laugh: actually theres a 700 awhp sti (it now has 800 i believe) and i saw the video of it on the dragstrip..talk about no traction. it had huge ass slicks on it too. it was nuts.

Maybe some people just done want to build a D series and I am one of them, I love them to death but not as much as I love my H22, money isn't a factor when there is something I want, if I want it that bad I will work my ass off to get it and that is how my H is going to be, I dont care if I have to spend 20,000 to build it, it will be built.

B16B, haha I didn't understand the FMIC on that ither, weird.

I'd love to build a d series. I mean when i buy my 91 CRX Si, i should have a d16a6 in it....or a ZC. regardless it'd be pimp to pwn a dohc w/ a sohc. I love rubbin in ppls faces that they got pwned by a 4 banger....esp. domestics like mustang GTs and Z28 Camaros.

That's why I wanna build my D15B7 up and keep it non-VTEC and all. Can you imagine the look on people's faces if you beat them in a race with a liscense plate reading "NONVTEC" or "NAD15B7"? If they knew anything about cars they would feel totally pwnted.

SolLes, if numbers don't mean anything, then why did you start this thread with a link containing a D series showing it's numbers. All he was doing was talking about the numbers he made and posted a dyno of the numbers he made......yet you now say that numbers don't matter?

Contradictory, it sounds.

SolLes, if numbers don't mean anything, then why did you start this thread with a link containing a D series showing it's numbers. All he was doing was talking about the numbers he made and posted a dyno of the numbers he made......yet you now say that numbers don't matter?

Contradictory, it sounds.

I agree. I was liking the numbers, but most importantly, the concept. 30psi is sweet. And I would love for someone to take a 170whp GSR and race Exospeed D16a6 at 170whp. It would be embarassing.

Even that, you can't say for sure. We both know that gearing means as much as those numbers. A 170whp with the right gearing would stomp a 200whp D and vice-versa. There's just so many things that come into play that you can't just make assumptions.

I'd be willing to bet that a D series and GSR with the same power, same torque/power curve (probably impossible) in the same chassis with the same weight and same gearing would be dead even. When you match up everything it would be close, but obviously everything would never be matched up that exact.

I would really like to see that, Hung. I'm inclined to agree, but that's because with all the conditions you laid out it removes the differences that exist in cars (as we're talking about here). I think the only thing different between the two cars then would be the driver.

Photoshop that race for us.

Right, but SolLes is claiming that a 170whp D series would smash a 170whp GSR and that's dumb to say (no offense) because so many other things come into play like the power under the curve, gearing, etc..... If they were truly lined up the Exact same, they'd be very even.

I mena for real man. Call me dumb, but it is where it makes it's power. It's about the actual engine, and how fast it can rev to that power. It depends on how it stays in ites powerband.

Bottom line, for the budget enthusiast, NA D series can be quick.

I guess you don't get my point. Yes, if you can make the power/torque curve of a D series better than a GSR then it will be quicker, but not if they have the same power and torque curve and gearing. We all know that it's the power curve that matters not the peak power. A lot of 170whp GSR's can beat 200whp GSR's if the second one has a crappy curve but high peak number.

I understood I was just posting that setup for us fellow D lovers.

I totally agree, and am glad someone understands things. I can't tell you how mad it makes me when people tell others, "Get the B16, there is only a 10hp difference and it's not worth 1000 bucks". That frustrates me a lot.

Archived