Lowering

Brian3311

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the only time I will ever recommend against Comptech. I've got Comptech Springs and have never been happy with the drop. It needs about another inch IMO. I plan to change them some time in the future. I've heard on another forum that teg owners like the H&R springs and the drop looks really good. I'll probably go with the omni power coilover springs and change out with AGX's at the same time (in the distant future though)

Oh, the comptech's ride great btw, just not real happy with the look of the drop.

2" in the front, 1.8" in the back.

it also depends on what size rims youre getting, if you are getting aftermarket ones. if you get 17s i would get atleast 2. thats what i have, and the front could be a little bit lower, the back sits nice. 16s would be good with 2 and 1.8

Mine was only about an inch drop....maybe 1.25". My car is far lower than a stock teg, but there is still some fender gap and that annoys me. I figure I'll get the coilover springs so I can adjust it to exactly where I want it. Plus since we sometimes have bad winters I could raise it back up during the colder months.

Get Ground Control Coilovers. Everyone who has had Omni sleeves has had too much bounciness, if that's a word.

I just ordered Ground Control Coilovers. :ph34r:

Well said SoLes, Im waiting for payday and im going balistic on my car....but yea Ground Control I give a 11 out of 10, practically NO and i mean NO bounce, smooth ride, and its adjustable...i just put some on my friends 98 civic and lowered it to 2"s so yea its sittin nice on 17's. I'll take a picture...

Hung: I highly recommend Ground control...they come with Eibach springs, so you'll be extremely happy, I hated the Comptech springs...although im all for comptech...just not a fan of their springs....they are about 250.00 on ebay or so, if you end up going that route make sure you buy from this guy i believe his ebay store is kurnama motorsports or something very similar to that! :D

I've heard good things about every other OmniPower product, so figured that the coilover springs would be the same. I definately don't want a bouncy ride, so I guess I'll save up and get the ground control's. The one thing I love about the Comptech is the comfy ride and it's important to not lose that too much. I drive 100 miles a day minimum for work and there's a lot of construction around here, so the ride quality is really important.

I feel the same way. I ordered the Ground Controls because everyone I talked to said the handling and ride quality is better than all others under 1000 dollars. Around here the roads suck pretty bad too, so to me it is really important that I am not bouncing.

Plus, I wanted a little more drop. So Now I have to get the Password JDM 3 point front strut tower bar, 2 point rear strut tower bar, ASR rear reinforcement kit, and the ITR sway bar with new end links and bushings, and the front suspension techniques sway bar. I already have everything else including Omnipower Front LCA's, Meagan rear LCAs, Tokico Shocks, Omni Front camber kit, Ingalls rear camber kit, Comptech Tie Bar, and the other things I have suspension wise shall be replaced soon. :ph34r:

Believe me bro, were going a complete overhaul on our expressway and theres so many bumps and small potholes, and you can only evade so many, but yea man im damn sure you'll be happy, I've bought about 4 pair for friends and they all are happy with it, two for Civics and 2 sets for Integras, you like em man!

Archived