Lowering

Brian3311

omni-power coilovers are real good, but real rough. my friend has them on his hatch that hung doesn't like...red w/ white wheels...

handles like a dream, but yeah, you're gonna get thrown around pretty good every single bump you hit. Trust me.

hard suspension is a good thing in other words. a soft suspension can jerk the car in unwanted ways and throw off engine response to the wheels. but too hard of a suspension will snap motor mounts.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
omni-power coilovers are real good, but real rough. my friend has them on his hatch that hung doesn't like...red w/ white wheels...

handles like a dream, but yeah, you're gonna get thrown around pretty good every single bump you hit. Trust me.

I didn't dislike the car, just the wheels.

While we're on the topic of lowering. I'm pretty pissed. I'm only lowered 1.25" (sad I know). Before the current set of tires were put on, a camber kit was installed and the car aligned. I just rotated my tires last Saturday and my driver's side front tire has some camber wear. All of the other tires were wearing normal except for that one. So apparently the stupid shop didn't get everything adjusted correctly when it was aligned. So, since I need a new alignment anyway (and posisbly one new tire soon), I'd like to get those Omni Sleeves before the re-alignment. Anyway, that's my daily rant.

I wouldn't ask you to do that man. I'll get them in due time. That's really cool of you though. Hopefully in a month or two I'll be able to get them. On a side note, when I rotated my tires I checked my rear LCA bolts and they loosened with no problem, so I shouldn't have a problem with the install like I did on the del sol.

On my del sol I ended up having to get them torched out. Cost me about $250 labor and I had the fronts done already. If the backs were seized up, I was going to just leave my suspension, but luckily they came out really easy. I've kind of hit a dry spell with my detailing otherwise I'd have the springs. I wouldn't want to borrw money unless I was sure of when I could pay it back.....and if I knew when I could pay it back, I'd just try and have the patience to wait. Thanks though.

I'm only lowered 1.5" and I have a Skunk2 kit so hopefully I should be okay for camber wear. If not there's gonna be hell to pay...

I got Tokico Illuminas with matching springs and the ride is rough but not really boucey at all. It's harsh on bad roads with the roof when its unsiliconed though.

Edit: Sorry to cut in on this conversation. I typed my reply when it was applicable and left it unposted for like 15 minutes.

Archived