Lowering

Brian3311

Lol last night there was a coon dead on the road, right in the middle of my lane, (couldn't swerve, traffic comming in opposite direction) and you could feel the car lift up as the coon rolled underneath my floor pan.

I thought i could clear it......guess not.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont think ive bottomed out with my springs. but either way, you learn where every single bump and pothole in the road is. evem when im driving a truck its natural for me to swerve because ive gotten used to it

That's not true. That's coming from people who have never had them. I did some research on honda-tech after that was posted and found quite a few people who said they ride really well for coilovers and are a ton better on ride quality than skunk2 coilover sleeves. I'll be getting the Omni's when I replace mine.

haha i lowered my sol 3 inches on cheapo megan racing coilovers. i never got a camber kit, but my camber didnt look horribly off. they said it was off by like two degees or something. i made a point to buy new tires the same day just before i lowered it, and i had the complete and full intention of buying a camber kit 2 weeks later. but i never did cuz my tires seemed to be wearing evenly. the only thing i didnt like about the drop is that my tires stuck in a little, and i just wished the stuck out a little bit more, so that theyre in line with outer edge of my fenders.

yeah i dropped mine 2 inches, and no camber kit for like 3-4 years. now my tires are showing wear so i bought the camber kit. buy a camber kit when you buy springs/shocks and save money on your tires

Just wait til you get some miles on those tires. My car has a camber kit and even still I've got camber wear on one tire where it apparently wasn't adjusted completely.....and I'm dropped 1.25" with a camber kit.

yah prolly right. i prolly rode around w/o a camber kit for about a monthish. but my car got jacked so i never ended up buying a kit. but i noticed, that my ride was really really good, and my car handle superb. its just my starts, my starts highly improved they felt good and such, it was just the fact that i was mainly burning my tires up and not gripping. and i figured it was prolly cuz i got new tires, cuz i was running pratically on slicks before, but it was prolly the camber that was doing it. idk though. i think ill get megan racing coilovers again thoguh for sure, i like them alot. im sure theres better but i got mine for 50 dollars brand new in box at my this tune shop, i traded brand new vis z3 fenders for half off on the coilovers. it was prolly the best 50 bucks ive ever spent on my car.

I never said Omnis were bad, just that Ground Control owns them.

Omni full coilovers are great.

So you've ridden in the Omni's? Because every review I've read has thought the omni's to be pretty comfortable. Also the omni's have a really low spring rate which would imply a more comfotable ride. What's the spring rate on the GC's? I think for the price difference (almost double) the Omni's own GC's.

Well, I don't know. While looking for that thread again, I found a few others. One with a guy that had Illumna's and Omni sleeves. He said it's not bouncy at all but rides pretty rough. They have a spring rate of 448/336. Of course in the same thread, someone else running the Omni Coilover sleeves said that the ride quality was pretty good, so don't know. I'll end up going with the Omni's on mine, but it will be awhile, so I can't really help you. Seems like you can find info going both ways on this one.

Current setup: Tanabe Springs, Tokico Blues, Omnipower Front Camber Kit, Ingalls Rear Camber Kit, Megan Racing Rear LCA's, Omnipower Front LCA's, Spoon Lower Tie Bar, Tanabe Front Strut Bar.

Upcomnig Setup: Omnipower Coilover Sleeves, Tokico Blues, Omnipower Front Camber Kit, Ingalls Rear Camber Kit, Megan Racing Rear LCA's, Omnipower Front LCA's, ASR Subframe Reinforcement Kit, 32mm ASR Sway Bar, and 22mm Front Sway Bar, Password JDM 3 Point Front Strut Bar, and 2 Point Rear Strut Bar.

omni-power coilovers are real good, but real rough. my friend has them on his hatch that hung doesn't like...red w/ white wheels...

handles like a dream, but yeah, you're gonna get thrown around pretty good every single bump you hit. Trust me.

Archived