Bit by Boost

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hahaha , it is cheap style solles , but it does work , and there solid as a rock. but i hear ya for 250 fuk it. just a suggestion. welding is not hard unless youve never done it. ive welded quite a bit and you get good at it after a while like anything. when your MIG welding , once your arc is started , make tiny back and forth U's between 2 surfaces your welding together. find the right power and wire settings on every thing you weld first so its strong. your not hitting 300 WHP with a D and a T28(unless it has different housing) its that simple. there tiny. go T3 for sure solles. stick with your .48 man , your in.

I know how to weld, just havent done too much of it myself, I always had my brother do it for me but i dont live in cali any more so its a hassle to get him to do it. and plus im practicing to get better, lke you said the more you do the better you get like anything you do. I just bought a tig welder cause i wanted to do a chromoly cage in my car, would you suggest a different metal? im just curious cuz i know 4130 is strong enough but dont know if there is stronger metal for less $

chromoly good choice for weight reasons. but ill be totally honest ive never welded it , nor read about welding it. but im sure theres lots of info on it out there. all you need to know is what gas to use and what wire , or for your TIG welder , what filling rods. i mean to be quite honest id go with mild steel for that job , its inside the car so it wont rust , just paint it before installing it flat black or somin. you could make your roll cage from mild steel thick wall round stock , or even if you wanted to bump up on the quality , go with stainless steel exhaust pipe(i know sounds funny , but its actually perfect for what you want). no rust , easy to weld , stainless steel good for learning to weld on.

one more time for those who dont know:

TIG - tungsten inert gas

MIG - metal inert gas

ya i found a book all about welding and its a damn good informative source for welding, tells you all the temps wire metals welders etc that go with each other. like carbon steel needs to be tig welded and same with chromoly since it does have carbon in it. and i do plan on painting it. this is my first time doin a cage myself, never really was interested in them but im gona need it in this car. whats the regulations on cages does anyone know? like what type of metal it needs to be? all i know is you need like a 6 inch sheet base at every contact point where you weld the cage to the frame.

get the disco potato

DISCO POTATO FTW!! Thats why im goign to be running soon enough, inless Sexy decides to coaporate with me =)

How'd it get that nickname?

Can you not see the resemblance ?? Lol.

17296341_6f2975a859_t.jpg

t_16232.jpg

are you gonna make sure the IM and head are ported to match, along with making sure the TB is the optimal size for the port of the IM and head?

or, are you sure the 65 mm TB is the perfect size for a ported IM and head?

Archived