Bit by Boost

Again. I have been tossing up idea after idea lately and have finally decided in stone what I will be doing.

It is going to be a serious money pit lol, but I am doing it anyway, again. Everything marked with * is what I have. Some things I know aren't "needed" but I have them anyway, so if you don't like it, bite me.

A6 Block * (Not yet installed)

Ported Z6 Head * (Not yet installed)

SRP Pistons (Stock compression)

Eagle Rods

Crower or Skunk2 Valvetrain(Might go RM)

Crower Cam (Might go RM)

AEM cam gear

BBK 65mm TB *

Skunk2 IM *

AEM FPR *

AEM Fuel Rail *

RC 750CC FI * (Sitting in my garage)

GT35R turbo, or maybe go with something smaller like a T3/T4 .48. Depends.

Custom Mani

RFL BOV

Tial WG

Custom DP and charge

3" exhaust from Kteller *

NepTune Tuning

P28 ECU *

FMIC

Missing quite a few things Im sure. But I will be starting around February. I will be sure to post tons of pictures for you all. Promise. Now that I have a nice ass Nikon camera.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that will be one fun ass ride solles , good build man. definitely dont go any higher than .48 hot side solles , youl kill your bottom end and half the cars fun value. you want a street car not a drag so. other than that , sounds sweet man. going with 750cc injectors i see too , good call.

If you made it yourself that would be hawt sh*t.

I'm signed up for a welding class second semester.. hopefully I learn how to weld. My 2.5" custom exhaust w/HKS Hi-power or carbon-ti muffler is banking on it.

Have fun. Welding WELL is very difficult. I can count the number of good welders I've seen in my life on one hand.

Ok well I knew SSR had to chime in, which is exactly what I was waiting for.

Well SSR, if you can find some CP's to put in an A6, for a good price, then I'll gladly take them, but being that all I could find were high compression CP's, or lower compression CP's, I had to go with SRP's. Plus, there are many guys using the SRP's daily on 15 psi and running strong, so they can't suck that bad. I'm not building a track monster.

Anyway, I'll probably only go with the T3/T4 .48.

good call on the turbo. i dont know if you guys knew this , but for D series boost builds , cheap manifold setup is the factory log manifold off a 91 civic. all you need is get a machine shop to mill you an adapter plate to bolt to a T3. fits and works perfect. adapter plate is cheap too.

Why have a ported head with boost? I thought one should only port their head with NA applications.

Change that to only ported on the exhaust side, intake you can leave alone.

A better flowing head will help with boost or NA.. come on, that's just common sense. More air and more fuel = more power.

Intake doesn't matter, cause it's being shoved in, vs pulled in with a NA. So there could be quite a hefty restriction, and it would still work decently.

Exhaust NEEDS to be ported to get that shiat outta there as quick, and as easily as possible

Change that to only ported on the exhaust side, intake you can leave alone.

Intake doesn't matter, cause it's being shoved in, vs pulled in with a NA. So there could be quite a hefty restriction, and it would still work decently.

Exhaust NEEDS to be ported to get that shiat outta there as quick, and as easily as possible

That's what I was thinking about...

CP makes 9:1. SRP's like to melt and tolerances are great.

Use a GT28RS. You don't need more than 300whp. The response will be awesome. GT35R won't hit full spool until 7,500 or so.

Porting helps boosted setups. Usually the exhaust side is barely touched. When you port the exhaust side you have to use a funky ass cam setup.

Have fun. Welding WELL is very difficult. I can count the number of good welders I've seen in my life on one hand.

haha same here, i only know 2 really good welders and im practicing like crazy to get it down good enough to weld in my own cage.

hahaha , it is cheap style solles , but it does work , and there solid as a rock. but i hear ya for 250 fuk it. just a suggestion. welding is not hard unless youve never done it. ive welded quite a bit and you get good at it after a while like anything. when your MIG welding , once your arc is started , make tiny back and forth U's between 2 surfaces your welding together. find the right power and wire settings on every thing you weld first so its strong. your not hitting 300 WHP with a D and a T28(unless it has different housing) its that simple. there tiny. go T3 for sure solles. stick with your .48 man , your in.

Archived