Tied an S2k?

Attaus

Ehh..

How does Hung know his stuff when he posted wrong info several times? He is basing judgement off of feel, and that's not a good way to compare cars.

From a dig I know the S2k would be faster than my car.. that's not a question. I would get reemed. However, considering that I actually have more torque in the situation we were in I have no doubt that I could keep up for that short burst

TS- I know, and generally I wouldn't overreact like this, but in the last several posts I've seen Hung act like nothing but a weiner to people and I just got tired of it.

Example..

I did nothing to provoke this guy, and I get this;

Congratulations. You've proved that you hung with an S2000 that was either short shifting, not at full throttle, or didn't even know you were behind him. Good Job.

Then;

I can be in whatever thread I please.

You're a fukin idiot.

Then he started posting BS info and that kind of went past my tolerance.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's a fast car, I'm not debating that. You can tell me that all day and I'll agree, and in no way am I saying that I would beat an S2k in a full blown race, but where torque matters (in that race) I have the edge.. and I proved it.

That's all I have been trying to say.

I posted one bit of wrong info compared to your numerous incorrect assesments. You never showed me the 30 ft-lb difference you were talking about. I'm still amazed that you think horsepower helps off the line and torque helps up top. How come a B16 sucks so hard in the lower - midrange but pulls really hard in the upper revs? Very low on torque and decent on horsepower, that's why. I'm basing mine on feel, but you basing yours on a 20 ft distance against a car that you've never driven.

Sorry, but I can tell the difference by feel between a 15 second car and a low 14 second car. Not hard to "feel" that kind of difference.

I have 162 (as of stock) @ 3600 RPM

He has 153 @ 7500 RPM

Oh, and H23's have 156 torque at 4500. So who's the one spreading false numbers? Or have you swapped a K24 and not told anybody, cause they have 162 at 3600. Get your numbers right......champ.

I wouldn't go that far. Attaus is usually a knowledgable dude. Just not making a good show of himself in this thread. Hung is blunt, and that sometimes sets people off. I don't mind it at all, though. I don't need him to approve of me all the time, and his corrections are usually well researched and helpful.

I'm sorry, but this whole story is ridiculous.

Your first post says that you were merging onto the highway.

S2000 pulls in front of you.

You are therefore behind him.

You were both speeding up to reach the legal speed limit of about 65mph.

And somehow, this is now considered racing? (And do you really need to "gun it" to reach the legal speed limit?)

Both. Actually, horsepower is better for takeoff. Torque will just spin the tires.

Thats why with a torque monster you use long gears and less of them.....

I'd rather have a 200ft lb stump puller with 100hp that redlines at 5500, than a 200 hp 100ft lb torque, that redlines at 10,000rpm's

And somehow, this is now considered racing? (And do you really need to "gun it" to reach the legal speed limit?)

Good point, the S2k was prolly in 6th gear just rolling lol.

so, its heavy.. still runs a low 14 stock..

Mid to high 13's actually.. C&D.

I posted one bit of wrong info compared to your numerous incorrect assesments. You never showed me the 30 ft-lb difference you were talking about. I'm still amazed that you think horsepower helps off the line and torque helps up top. How come a B16 sucks so hard in the lower - midrange but pulls really hard in the upper revs? Very low on torque and decent on horsepower, that's why. I'm basing mine on feel, but you basing yours on a 20 ft distance against a car that you've never driven.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Gla...a&trimid=-1

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Gla...e&trimid=-1

Again, you're talking about the power band. The B16 makes more torque up high.

Oh, and H23's have 156 torque at 4500. So who's the one spreading false numbers? Or have you swapped a K24 and not told anybody, cause they have 162 at 3600. Get your numbers right......champ.

See above.

Back your crap talking up Attaus. Let's see a video.......

I'll get some pics and hopefully a video later on, but as of right now I don't know the guy.

It's an intersection. I was on 71, a highway, and we were turning onto another highway. There is no ramp.

He pulled in front of me, and turned before me.

Would you like a picture?

I don't need to gun it to get to 60, I just did. You've never done that?

I'd rather have a 200ft lb stump puller with 100hp that redlines at 5500, than a 200 hp 100ft lb torque, that redlines at 10,000rpm's

I guess that's why you have a Honda eh?

Good point, the S2k was prolly in 6th gear just rolling lol.

That's why I saw him shift.. if the S2k was in 6th and I was in 3rd I would've taken his ass easily, but I didn't.

hope you had fun driving alond side the second fastest honda. who knows you might be able to keep up with an nsx.

Yeah, who knows, maybe tomorrow you'll mature a bit and get some balls?

I should've figured that I would get flamed for something like this. The old S2k runs 15's, so being the second fastest Honda doesn't mean anything. Also, with RWD don't you think that it would have a big advantage over all other Honda's, yet it only comes off with half a second or so?

Everyone here compares the S2k to other B-series motors which are all on the same level of "high" hp low torque, like the S2k, yet nobody has driven or compared an H23.

Nobody here has the ability to just step back and look at the facts, rather than side with their "buddy" who keeps posting incorrect and biased info.

Again, everyone here seems to be comparing races from a DIG, where I will get smoked, and not looking at it in this situation.

Well, Hung, I am waiting for you to post some more numbers and tell me to compare a car based on feel, champ. If you want me to prove to you how blatantly wrong it is to judge a car based on feel I'll take you for a spin in any new Mercedes AMG or my uncle's CTS-V. A high-revving sports car is going to feel a lot faster than it is. Once an SS or Firebird pulls up along side of you and rapes the crap out of you, just let them know that you should've won because you were at 7k RPM.

Nobody here has the ability to just step back and look at the facts, rather than side with their "buddy" who keeps posting incorrect and biased info.

Uhh, the fact is that you were behind him. You were both accelerating to reach the legal speed limit. This isn't racing.

Archived