Tied an S2k?

Attaus

How do you think people measure race wins/losses? Car lengths.

Would you rather I say I kept 2 car lengths between us? I didn't realize humans were so inept they couldn't keep a steady distance between cars.

Maybe nobody else can.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you think people measure race wins/losses? Car lengths.

Would you rather I say I kept 2 car lengths between us? I didn't realize humans were so inept they couldn't keep a steady distance between cars.

Maybe nobody else can.

Did you throw your hazards on too, or maybe just a turn signal since it was a "tie".

If this is considering racing, and resulting in a tie, then I suppose I (and everyone else here) tie with anyone on the road that I'm behind in traffic. Oh, and I've followed my bf's S2000 with my Sol before, so I guess my Sol can tie with an S2000 also :rolleyes:

I guess that's why you have a Honda eh?

I don't own one nor would own one.....unless it was free.

thats the reason why I don't own a honda.....I like cars where the horsepower, and torque are in about the same.....not honda's where you can push like 300hp, and still only have 120 ftlbs of torque....

Yeah, who knows, maybe tomorrow you'll mature a bit and get some balls?

Yep i've raced an s2k be from the line, and a proper race well into the hundreds an im sure i'll have a few (alot) people calling me reckless but oh well. I've stayed with it about 5 car lenths roughly maybe more 3rd gear i gain a bit of growned then lost it again in 4th till we hit corners where the s2k kind just left me for dirt although it was still in site, but i gave up at that point. But really you should see how you compare from the start and round corners. have a good one p.s don't crash!

I don't own one nor would own one.....unless it was free.

thats the reason why I don't own a honda.....I like cars where the horsepower, and torque are in about the same.....not honda's where you can push like 300hp, and still only have 120 ftlbs of torque....

personally i'd rather go for high horses high revs and high torque saves alot of stupid arguing about wats better torque hp rpm. all have there respective benifits just depend how you want to use them. Rpm just multiplies or maximises the usefulness of the torque you do have so both is better if you can.

but smaller displacement engines don't a great deal of torque thats why cars such as honda have higher rpm its making better use of what it does have, cause its not everywhere in the world that is it practical to have a 5.7l v12 or v8 which ever you profer.

Then why are you here?

um well....just because I don't own a honda doesn't mean i can't learn and or teach others about engines and automobiles in general.

have you ever seen me post in a topic that has to do with reccomendations for engine swaps, and what head fits on which engines and such....um no. I post in stuff like this where it takes a little knowledge to know what is going on....:thumbsup:

Mercedes AMG

holy hell...at work today i drove 3 incredible cars:

SL65: bi-turbo V12

E63 AMG: N/A 507 hp/553 ft-lbs

Maybach 63: nuff said

I post in stuff like this where it takes a little knowledge to know what is going on...

+10, i've learned a lot from what you and cranny post....the more technical stuff.:thumbsup:

um well....just because I don't own a honda doesn't mean i can't learn and or teach others about engines and automobiles in general.

have you ever seen me post in a topic that has to do with reccomendations for engine swaps, and what head fits on which engines and such....um no. I post in stuff like this where it takes a little knowledge to know what is going on....:thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with that, just askin man. :blush:

That's hilarious that you learn about cars from MSN Autos. Sad to say that their information is not correct. They also say that the H23 is a 2.4 liter, which is obviously inaccurate too. You have 156 torque at 4500 and if you did some real research, you'd know that.

That's hilarious that you learn about cars from MSN Autos. Sad to say that their information is not correct. They also say that the H23 is a 2.4 liter, which is obviously inaccurate too. You have 156 torque at 4500 and if you did some real research, you'd know that.

156 is what the H22 makes, and I don't care who you ask, the H23 has more torque. 6 lb-ft to be exact.

I use them because generally it's what the manufacturer releases and I don't feel like wasting time comparing 5 other different sources.

Besides, it's right. Just give up dude. I guess you're making some last ditch effort to prove me wrong? Whatever. This can be closed for now for all I care.. I'll post some pics and talk to the guy as soon as I can.

I don't have to prove you wrong. Everybody else in this thread has disagreed with everything you've said to.....not just me. Here's a lesson.

H22A1 from the 92-96 Prelude VTEC makes 158 tq,

H23 and H23A1 both make 156 tq

I only listed the USDM because it has the least torque of the H22 preludes, but still has 2 ft-lbs more than yours at 156.

Not trying to prove you wrong, just trying to keep you from spreading incorrect info to noobs that see this thread.

Everyone here compares the S2k to other B-series motors which are all on the same level of "high" hp low torque, like the S2k, yet nobody has driven or compared an H23.

Nobody here has the ability to just step back and look at the facts, rather than side with their "buddy" who keeps posting incorrect and biased info.

Again, everyone here seems to be comparing races from a DIG, where I will get smoked, and not looking at it in this situation.

Well, Hung, I am waiting for you to post some more numbers and tell me to compare a car based on feel, champ. If you want me to prove to you how blatantly wrong it is to judge a car based on feel I'll take you for a spin in any new Mercedes AMG or my uncle's CTS-V. A high-revving sports car is going to feel a lot faster than it is. Once an SS or Firebird pulls up along side of you and rapes the crap out of you, just let them know that you should've won because you were at 7k RPM.

1. my B series motor doesn't have any problem at all with torque. in fact, I'd venture to say I make more than your H23 at the wheels.

2. stepping back and looking at facts, a properly driven S2000 would slaughter you in any performance competition. roughly the same amount of torque, a lot more horsepower, much better gearing, much better suspension...

3. you do know that the only things different on a Camaro SS is the suspension and aero package right? they all use the same LS1. they're decently quick, but definately not unbeatable. hell, I've pulled on multiple LT1 Camaros.

4. torque gets a car moving. anyone who knows cars knows this fact.

1. my B series motor doesn't have any problem at all with torque. in fact, I'd venture to say I make more than your H23 at the wheels.

lol.. stock? Don't joke. If you're not, why did you even bring it up? Of course a built motor will make more torque.

3. you do know that the only things different on a Camaro SS is the suspension and aero package right? they all use the same LS1. they're decently quick, but definately not unbeatable. hell, I've pulled on multiple LT1 Camaros.

The SS was tweaked to make 15 more hp and 10 more lb-ft over the Z28. Stick to what you know.

4. torque gets a car moving. anyone who knows cars knows this fact.

Exactly, and torque plays a huge factor in speeding up on a highway.

1. stock? nope. you didn't say anything about stock. you made a blanket statement that all B series engines don't make torque.

2. wrong. a Camaro SS uses the same LS1 as every other LS1 Camaro, Corvette, and Firebird. the only difference is the hood scoop brings in a bit more air.

3. torque doesn't play a huge factor in highway runs because the car is already moving. horsepower and gearing play a much bigger role than torque.

3. torque doesn't play a huge factor in highway runs because the car is already moving. horsepower and gearing play a much bigger role than torque.

sorry i have to agree with attaus torque is an important factor on rolling starts, or on the track the most annoying thing with stock vtec honda's is if you've accidently dropped out of vtec your powerless and thats your race or lap time finished.

Okay. I'll tweak BBS's statement for him. torque doesn't play a huge factor in highways runs because the car is already moving. Horsepower and gearing play a much bigger role than torque......unless the driver's an idiot and doesn't know how to properly drive his car. There. That's better.

1. stock? nope. you didn't say anything about stock. you made a blanket statement that all B series engines don't make torque.

Mod for mod, they don't. End of story.

2. wrong. a Camaro SS uses the same LS1 as every other LS1 Camaro, Corvette, and Firebird. the only difference is the hood scoop brings in a bit more air.

It has a tweaked intake (I guess you could call it part of the aerodynamics..?) although it's not just a hood and the exhaust was also tweaked. It also comes with 275s over 245s.

Yeah, that's why people spin the tires when highway racing... wrong. If you can't tell the difference between HP and TQ in your motor, you need to spend more time in your car.

good job clearing this up.. stop arguing.. its annoying and you are wrong.

Have you said anything other than "you're wrong" "hung's right" and "I like hung" in this argument? Nope.

Mod for mod, they don't. End of story.

it doesn't have to. B series motors typically don't have to get a heavy ass prelude or accord moving. B series relies on HP and gearing to overcome lack of torque.

It has a tweaked intake (I guess you could call it part of the aerodynamics..?) although it's not just a hood and the exhaust was also tweaked. It also comes with 275s over 245s.

it has a scoop to direct air to the manifold, and a different exhaust. an air intake and exhaust are not the motor. good try though. internally, it's the same exact LS1 that's in every stock LS1 powered car. and what do tires have to do with the motor?

Yeah, that's why people spin the tires when highway racing... wrong. If you can't tell the difference between HP and TQ in your motor, you need to spend more time in your car.

I never said torque didn't matter. I said torque doesn't play as high a role in highway races as HP and gearing do. an F1 car doesn't make a lot of torque, but I suppose they aren't fast either...

and what do you even know about spinning tires when highway racing? come talk to me when you can even chirp 3rd.

it doesn't have to.

And it doesn't..

and what do tires have to do with the motor?

You were talking about the differences (you mentioned suspension and aero) and I added tires.

I never said torque didn't matter. I said torque doesn't play as high a role in highway races as HP and gearing do. an F1 car doesn't make a lot of torque, but I suppose they aren't fast either...

That's a different style of racing genius. Those cars also weigh 1000 lbs. Think top fuel.

and what do you even know about spinning tires when highway racing? come talk to me when you can even chirp 3rd.

Obviously I know more about it than you do.. horsepower doesn't spin the tires. Horsepower doesn't get you going. Torque matters.

I don't see how me chirping third has anything to do with that.

Archived