Tied an S2k?

Attaus

Today when I was merging from the interstate to the local highway a black S2k with black wheels and HKS pipes (how did I know? sticker) pulls in front of me. I thought, wow, that's a damn nice car. I bet it would own me too.

Right when we merge onto the highway he pulls slowly around the corner and (from what it seemed) punches it. I can tell because of the exhaust note and smoke at shifts. I gun it too just to see what I could do. Turns out I keep the exact same gap (about 20 ft) from when we pulled onto the road. We both shut down at about 60 - 65 (speed limit) and I was plesently suprised at how well I did. I thought, well maybe he wasn't gunning it? I know his car was faster. Well, sure enough he has about the exact same torque that I do, so it is entirely possible he went WOT.

..So I tied an S2k. Cool.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the sig. Like I said, I thought he would smoke me too. I doubt that in any other circumstances I would take him, but in that situation, where torque mattered, we were neck and neck (as specs would show).

I'm pretty sure he goes to my school so I'll have to get some pictures (I would've taken one but my phone was dead arrrrrgh) and get a few more races in. With his higher HP + RWD he'll take me sooo easily from a dig.

I can be in whatever thread I please. People put up with my crapty attitude because I don't start threads about cars I hung with that weren't even racing. S2000 are monsters in the high revs on the freeway, so there's no way you hung with one that was actually trying to leave you. I don't have a crapty attitude, I just don't like people who make stuff up.

Uhm, alright. S2ks actually suck monster cock on the freeway because of the lack of torque. Sure it revs high, but put it against anything decent and there's no chance.

Against MOST other Hondas, sure, it still has more torque, but I'm packing an H23 (IE "loads" of torque) and could hang on for a little while.

I don't give a crap if you believe me or not, I just thought it was interesting how my car could hold up. Take it or leave it.

You're a fukin idiot. On the highway, you don't need torque as much. An S2000 can downshift and stay in his peak RPMS which is why the scream on the highway. You seriously think that an S2000 on the highway that downshifts and runs at 7000 rpm needs torque to be fast? Where do you come up with this bullcrap SiR_Richie....I mean Attauass.

That is so stupid I might change the quote in my sig. Bad on the highway because of no torque.....ha.

PEAK RPM DOESN'T MEAN JACK WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE POWER. Yes you can get in it's peak RPM but what difference does it make if you don't have torque?

Jesus christ. Do you even know what torque does?

Go read a book.

An S2000 in it's high revs has plenty of power. So your saying that a superbike with 2 wtq isn't fast even though it may have 140 hp at 14,000 rpms? That's rediculous. S2000's are killer on the top end, suck on the low end. It's not a debate, it's a fact. Bottom line is that an S2000 stock runs low 14's high 13's and your car is nowhere near that, so if you hung with one, he wasn't racing.

I beat a corvette the other day (since I happened to pass him on the highway) That's your mentality and it's stupid.

S2000's live in the top end? No freaking way. That makes no difference AT ALL. The earlier S2000's (this was one of them) runs high 14's dude, I don't know where you get your info.

90% of bikes rev to 14k ish RPM, yet some are faster than others. How do you explain this?? One has more power + torque. Holy crap!

Again, 1/4 mile runs are from a DIG. Being FWD, I would have no chance. Start me off down the track when we're both at 60-70 mph and it's a different story.

This guy saw me and took off.. that's not debatable. His car isn't that much faster than mine where he could just short shift and keep up when I was at WOT.

Set me up in a Z06 and you'll be in the S2k. I'll start at 3k, you start at 6k. Then tell me how much of a difference RPM makes.

My dad's got an 01 S2000 and I've driven it countless times. I can promise you that they (like most honda's) are weak in the lower revs. Once it hits 6000 rpms, it takes off hard. The thing screams in the upper range and is so much faster than my GSR (which is faster than your car). So bottom line, an S2000 kills me in a race, my car could kill yours in a race, the S2000 wasn't racing you. It sounds like you've never even driven an S2000 based on your assesment of it's performance. Also, they are hard to launch making them weaker from a dig than you'd expect from a RWD car. Some early model S2000's have pulled 13.9's stock with a good launch. This means that you're running a 13.9 second car on the highway (since the difficulty of the launch is taken away). Go test drive an S2000 and you'll realize how slow your prelude si is.

No I'm judging it based on running my dad getting on the highway and him leaving me sitting. And I'm a better driver than him at that. His car on the highway running mine kills my car. It's not even a race. Now, make my car a half second slower and that's what it would be like if I was in your car.

You say I shouldn't base it on feel, on quarter miile times, or on the horsepower numbers in the higher revs? What the hell do you expect to base it on. You've now ruled out every method to judge it's speed on. Smooth.

I have 162 (as of stock) @ 3600 RPM

He has 153 @ 7500 RPM

I have the CLEAR advantage. It's all about the powerband, not the RPM. How high you can go doesn't mean jack crap if you don't have power. I'm just going to keep saying that until you realize it. I was in my powerband, he was in his. End of story.

How convenient that he would be at around 7500 when you ran him in his peak torque not to mention that he has about 80 or more hp than you at that same time.

S2000 is one of the best production engines Honda's produced. I garuntee they have power in the upper revs. Again, have you even driven an S2000 before? Didn't think so.

I can't wait to see your topic for tomorrow "I hung with a twin turbo Supra.....I know he was racing cause I could hear his turbo."

Yep, that's it.

Well, when I talk to the guy and he confirms that we were both even I'll send a big "F8ck you" and a smile.

Before I leave this topic, any more false numbers or misinterpreted info you want to post champ?

I think you should stick to cleaning.:thumbsup:

I haven't given any false numbers, I just listed numbers for USDM which you apparently aren't. In any case, I garuntee it would be a different story if you both lined up and took off full throttle at the same time. You say I shouldn't base a car on feel or qm times, but your basing it on a 20 ft distance. Yeah, that's a lot better......champ.

I'll stick to cleaning if you stick to stories where you know that you were both racing full force.

Digging a hole here he can't get out of, I think.

I would trust the man whose driven the s2k. And usually does his homework when it comes to cars.

Attaus, I don't know what you're trying to prove here. You're usually a cool guy.

Not being an ass but Hung knows his crap, trust me and the only way your going to get him to believe you beet him is that you race the S2k and film it. End of story.

And I wouldn't tell Hung your going to e-smack him because he will e-beat your ass.

Archived