New Lude Owner (Im addicted an need tips)

Lude_Mania_89

:wub: my lude. I have a 1997 Ecalyptus green Prelude. Nice, but with so many faults im shocked to see the Honda emblem on it.

The last ppl did not take care of it so its my destiny to turn this forgotten automobile into a beauty.

Some of the things i would like done (sadly I AM on a budget, so dont give advice on $500 junk cause i cant afford it.

>Projector Black or chrome Headlights (lol)

>OEM Lip Kit or Greddy Lip Kit.

>Lower about 2 to 2.5 inches

>Engine tune up and clean up. ( it looks like an old Geo right now)

>Exhaust (like the Monza series from Pacesetter)

>all around power upgrades to make it sound leet. (Headers, Subs, Short Ram, etc.)

Would really like Xenon lights. Something to match a black and green theme i want for my lude.

Please help me out im only 17. Need to learn and learn fast.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ricer much? lol

dont worry about the body kit... waste of money unless ur REALLY into that kinda thing. a new paint job will be fine (know ur on a budget but save up for it or something), def lower it. and some engine work.

u should post some pics of it.

ricer much? lol

dont worry about the body kit... waste of money unless ur REALLY into that kinda thing. a new paint job will be fine (know ur on a budget but save up for it or something), def lower it. and some engine work.

u should post some pics of it.

Not really a ricer (except i love the idea of Underglows, lol nifty)

Shes ok, but I meant i want a LIP KIT, not body kit. just some ground effects and stuff, like the greddy or OEM lip kit. Both are absolutely gorgeous.

Here's my premature Beast. Very intimidating, huh?

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00774.jpg

Thats what it looked like while we took apart the headlight assembly to get rid of that disgusting yellowish UV damage and some junk in there. Awfully time-consuming and a bitch to put back together, but well worth it.

looks fine to me....a lot better than what i started with.

i say 18" rims. tires, lowering springs, SRI, header, exhaust.

that's a good start.

Thanks bro! Thats exactly what i had in mind. I already got some Hankook V-rating tires, but i need some 17 inchers, need to balance performance and looks. Heard the handling on 17s was better than 18s.

Heres my dream car line-up:

Weapon-R Secret Weapon SRI

Weapon-R Ram Air Kit

Carbon hood w/ scoop (for Ram Air, lol)

WR performance coil-overs ( i think these drp about 2 inches)

Replace my OEM (broken) speakers

As you can all see, i really am a Weapon-R fan.

right now we haveare going to put in a replacement rotor and sparkplug wires, a replacement oil pan (current one is leaking)

and a new Valve Head Gasket set. (does not have one currently, lol stupid previous owners used some sort of liquid sealant)

(sadly I AM on a budget, so dont give advice on $500 junk cause i cant afford it.

Ok so.....ummm....if you're really on a tight budget, don't expect to get alot of the things you want right away bud. B/c some nice rims will cost well above $500. I'm 18 and new to this so I guess were in the same boat. Got me a 91' Lude. Little older than yours but she's got classic lines. The same lines your lude is modeled after in fact...........Hey this is the first piece of advice I've given since I've joined this forum......Man I'd put this in a plack if it were on paper.

get a job, save your money, turbo it, dont worry about the body, its fine, some 17inch rims would look good, i have some 15" rims that will fit it if its the 5 lug, they just need tired and to be painted. im i could sell them to you for around 100+ shipping, pm and ill send you pics if you interested

huh? Im not going to rice it out, but im not going to have it bone stock either sheesh. Whats wrong with weapon-r? Same quality as AEM...

Thats stuff isnt ricing out, putting a turbo in it is ricing out if anything is.

Everyone has ricer junk and ppl are getting suspicious of ME ricing out my lude....ok.

I appreciate your help, really i do. Some of you have some good advice and some of you

are good at nothing else other than criticizing other's opinions.

Sexy i love ur car, but ur vehicle looks riced out.

Ok first of all he wasn't saying you were going to rice it out, he was simply stating he was hoping you wouldn't. Second would you please explain to me and everyone else on this forum how a Turbo is rice ? And third dont be a little punk ass and say that Sexy's prelude is riced out, he has the SAME lip kit on his prelude that you said you wanted, have you ever seen under the hood of his car ? I doubt it, dont talk crapt about a respected reg who has wayy more knowledge then you do.

huh? Im not going to rice it out, but im not going to have it bone stock either sheesh. Whats wrong with weapon-r? Same quality as AEM...

Thats stuff isnt ricing out, putting a turbo in it is ricing out if anything is.

Everyone has ricer junk and ppl are getting suspicious of ME ricing out my lude....ok.

I appreciate your help, really i do. Some of you have some good advice and some of you

are good at nothing else other than criticizing other's opinions.

how is adding a turbo rice? turbos are for the performance aspect of it. if you look at my car youll see noooo rice at all. weapon-r is cheap but hey, you get what you pay for.

yeah that was the stupidest thing ever said.

dont get pacesetter exhaust, they suck. you get for what you paid for (unless its a sick deal).

mmmk...im kind of mad now...uh where to start.

1. How does putting a turbo on a car=rice?

2. Do you know what a turbo is?

3. Sexy's car is probably one of the nicest on these forums, and it would kick your lude's ass, so just go ahead and shut the frackk up.

peace.

mmmk...im kind of mad now...uh where to start.

1. How does putting a turbo on a car=rice?

2. Do you know what a turbo is?

3. Sexy's car is probably one of the nicest on these forums, and it would kick your lude's ass, so just go ahead and shut the frackk up.

peace.

i think some one was bitchEd

Okok, your right im osrry that was way outta line. Ive been out mood lately and shouldnt have said what i did. People make mistakes everyday, i mean look at Bush, right? Turbos arent rice, i just hate it when ppl start going off about ricing cars out. Cars are cars fast or slow. I like em fast and i dont care what i put in it to make it fast.

Sexy i didnt mean any of it, and ur lude is the best on the site that ive seen other than a few i cant remember.

The point im trying to make is STOP DISSING ASIANS, maybe you guys should find a different target, like iraqis or communists. Damn.

How can u even tell if a car is rice...I thought honda was asian so there, its rice right outta the factory. WHats ur point? THey make awesome cars and so does germany. You gonna start saying "dont 'kraut out your car man...."

No of course not.

Again sorry, lets just forget i ever made that post.

One thing i dont regret however is that SoLlesHOnda had to be adick about telling me Weapon-R sucks. ALl u had to say was "hey bro WR isnt really that good and not worth it, get this..... its much better and youll actually get some quality."

There, see? Not too hard to be kind.

First of all, quit being such a damn pussyy. You are giving in and sounding like complete tool. WR sucks, that's why I said that.

Stop sucking up to Sexy. Damn are you homo ...

And latly, you don't know anything about turbos, nor going fast, so shut the fawk up.

P.S. If you are just going to whine to a mod or anyone about this post, I don't care. Go eat a fat one if you can't take it. It's the internet you big baby.

Archived