SRT-4 VS HONDA

IM UNDER MY BROS NAME I AINT REG.ON THIS SIGHT

I am a long time honda lover and trying to stay true i just got rid of my CRX cause i love racing i want to be the fastest out there i have the money and the time to do anything i want to a car but ive just found a new love for SRT-4 cause there so damn fast what does it take for a honda to beat a stage I or II and III and if it even is possable i want to be street legal and still have air, power steering, and i plan to put a system so take that weight into consideration please help me cause i wanna get back on the street taking peoples money again soon.... and i wanna still have a honda/acura HELP..... cause im actually thinking about going to get a 04 srt-4 from this dodge dealer down the road.... thanx for all the help

I want either a EK9 or EG8 or DC5 really any honda civic, accord, prelude,rsx,or integra just i need to know what power plant to use and the best body for looks and speed, mainly speed!! thanx people

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any one of the cars in your sig with a turbo B16 would be pretty fast. Definately would beat a stock SRT-4. Don't know what the stages mean, so can't say from there. Just swap in a B16 and build a turbo kit for one of those cars and you'd be more than happy. If you fully built the motor, you would have crazy horsepower and low weight.

An SRT-4 will run with a regular wrx but would get spanked by an STI or EVO. If you want the easy way out, just buy and SRT-4, just don't come around here posting pics of it. I've seen enough neons for a lifetime.

Word. I'm waiting to see all of the Neon fans rice out the Caliber when it comes out.

The Caliber is out. I test drove one last week. Drives like a rolling brick. (albeit a nice looking brick) and the drive-by-wire thing still freaks me out. Feels very sluggish, especially with a 2.0 automatic pushing it. Better off with an RT, it at least has AWD... The SRT caliber will not, because the AWD system can't handle 300HP. The SRT Caliber will be something to watch out for, since it will actually come with a 6-speed Getrag. And you can't argue about a 4-banger car under $25k with 300hp.

IM UNDER MY BROS NAME I AINT REG.ON THIS SIGHT

I am a long time honda lover and trying to stay true i just got rid of my CRX cause i love racing i want to be the fastest out there i have the money and the time to do anything i want to a car but ive just found a new love for SRT-4 cause there so damn fast what does it take for a honda to beat a stage I or II and III and if it even is possable i want to be street legal and still have air, power steering, and i plan to put a system so take that weight into consideration please help me cause i wanna get back on the street taking peoples money again soon.... and i wanna still have a honda/acura HELP..... cause im actually thinking about going to get a 04 srt-4 from this dodge dealer down the road.... thanx for all the help

I want either a EK9 or EG8 or DC5 really any honda civic, accord, prelude,rsx,or integra just i need to know what power plant to use and the best body for looks and speed, mainly speed!! thanx people

BTW, it helps to use punctuation marks once in a while. It makes things much easier to read.:thumbsup:

The Caliber is out. I test drove one last week. Drives like a rolling brick. (albeit a nice looking brick) and the drive-by-wire thing still freaks me out. Feels very sluggish, especially with a 2.0 automatic pushing it. Better off with an RT, it at least has AWD... The SRT caliber will not, because the AWD system can't handle 300HP. The SRT Caliber will be something to watch out for, since it will actually come with a 6-speed Getrag. And you can't argue about a 4-banger car under $25k with 300hp.

The new caliber SRT's are slow. The road test I watched on speed put 0-60 at around upper 5's. When the car is 3300 pounds, 300 hp isn't quite as impressive.

Edited: 0-60 upper 5's I meant. Compare that to an STI which also has 300 hp and does mid 4's. A second and a half is a lot. AWD will not make a 1.5 second difference to 60. Something's just not right about there numbers.

SRT4 might hang with an older wrx up top, maybe an EVO or new STI if they can get off the line decently..I've seen even the best drivers only manage a 2.1 out of those fwd grasshopper acting Peon's..

They're pretty strong for a four banger with a turbo..of course it had better be. They can be made pretty quick for a low amount of money..but it IS a four door..it IS bulky compared to most Honda's..and..well, to be quite frank..It looks like turds. The ONLY way I'd like to have one is two-toned with those headlight covers that make it seem as though it's glaring..those circular headlights are just too much. x.x

Hell the other day I butchered one with what was supposed to be the stage II Mopar kit..he couldn't get off the line.. and only BARELY started reeling me in over 90.. Of course I had got about four cars up on him in the time it took him to quit hopping and spinning and then got another before he hooked and got into his powerband.

stock STi - low 13's

Stock SRT-4 - low 14's

not a chance.

i could say a lot, but i rather just keep my mouth shut on this one.

if you have the money, do whatever you would be happier with. if you want the neon, then buy it. you can make them fast, but i dont trust the reliability.

New Caliber's are hideous and slow. i hate them.

srt-4 w/ agp wastegate actuator and cai spanks stock sti.

Sti w/ that computer jaunt that adds mad power spanks an srt-4 all the time.

Evo's own all.

I've raced a staged srt and i didnt pull on it, i strait up ran away from it... but then again i am pushing 435 whp in a 2300 lbs car. Go with an EK b20 built and boosted. unless you dont like your wheels spinning through fourth...but then you should just grab your purse and shove a tampon you know where... go with the damn honda! What do you think we would say? this isnt NEONFORUMS.com is it?

stock STi - low 13's

Stock SRT-4 - low 14's

not a chance.

i could say a lot, but i rather just keep my mouth shut on this one.

if you have the money, do whatever you would be happier with. if you want the neon, then buy it. you can make them fast, but i dont trust the reliability.

I've seen the SRT4 go as low as 13.8 stock..good driving goes a long way, especially in something fwd with obscene wheel hop. It isn't COMMON, but it IS possible.

Though stock for stock the STI rapes it. :laugh:

Though stock for stock the STI rapes it. :laugh:

dumbass. sti vs. srt-4 will hold the lead through 1st, then srt-4 would pull away and win by about 2 car lengths by 3rd.

Anything over a 20 roll, stock for stock, the srt-4 would win, no question. Don't even argue, i know for fact, seen it 100000000 times.

IMO, sti's are the MOST overrated cars in the world.

IMO, sti's are the MOST overrated cars in the world.

i Fukin told you that so many times and you wouldnt listen now you finally believe me.

anyway i went to the track and watched STI's and SRT's 1/4. The sti's ran high 13's low 14's while the srt's were running mid to low 13's. And yes STI's are the MOST overrated cars ever. Plus who would want a car thats like 6 different colors? i really dont like them if you can tell

Plus who would want a car thats like 6 different colors?

For example, my friends sti is many many colors:

Exterior: black

Wheels: silver

Brembo's: gold

Seats: blue

Carpet: blue

sti logo: pink

wrx impreza logo: chrome

dash: grey plastic/ brushed aluminum

That's just stupid.

Archived