Speakers

..SSR..

I'm thinking about getting a CD player and speakers (no tweeters or subs, just speakers).

The CD player is 200watts (4x50) which is comparable to my moms Malibu Maxx I think. I just want to be able to hear it good when cruising with windows down and I want a little bass. I don't want rattling or anything and I want the sound quality to be good. Without dynamat or anything heavy like that, what is the best way to install the speakers? Just screw them in, or possibly make a small "box" for each one to fit in the stock location?

it depends on the speaker you purchase. some have bigger magnets than others. the ones with bigger magnets you may have to bu speaker rings so the speaker can protrude outwards more (so the magnet won't touch the metal part of your door) or you may need to just cut out back part of the plastic enclosure of where the stock speakers and placed in.

If the magnets are thin then you can probably just plug and play, of course you have to buy wiring harness. wiring harness can be found in circuit city or best buy. if you buy speakers from crutchfield they give you that along with the speakers.

what car do you have again?

just buy speakers that fit in the holes your car already has. like he says some are a little thicker but come with gap rings(doubt you need anythin this serious though). if you just want good soundin bass but like you said not crazy rattlin your trunklid bass , than id go with 1 10" JL Audio W3. im a hard JL Audio fan(for subs) have had em for years best bang for the buck imo. set of 6x9's in rear decklid , set of mids and tweets up front with 1 10 in the back , youl have your self a slammin little stereo man. most hondas got 6 1/2" speakers in doors(mids will replace them). and youl have to cut holes in the car wherever you want to mount your tweets. if you wanna do it even easier say fuk the mids and tweets and get a set of coaxial speakers (mids and tweets in one speaker). wont sound quite as good but good you know what i mean. MB quart make nice mids and tweets and coaxials. pioneer is the way to go for the buck.

Went to Circut City and a guy there helped me out. Only going to buy the cd player there, will get the speakers and stuff online.

CD headunit Sony 52x4 will play MP3, has an input for an external source so I can plug my XM in versus running it through the FM. black in color and lights up red

for the fronts I'm going with Polk components and cross over. Deciding where I will put the tweeters. Either in the vents, the a-pillars, or I will go ahead and get some power folding mirrors and get the EX tweeter pods (where my mirror adjusters are right now).

For the rear I'm getting kevlar Pioneer 6x9's. Best sounding speakers without an amp bass wise they had. Would get the fronts too, but the magnet is too big and I'd have to ditch the stock grille (and I kick it all the time getting in and out of the car).

If I don't like the bass after that, I'll just get an amp. If I still don't like it, I'll get a 10" sub and build a box for it (bought everything to build a box years ago, but never did since I lost interest in having a system).

While I'm at it I'm going to convert my passenger seat to flip up and put my nitrous bottles in it. :p

that sounds real nice ssr. i have polk 2 way dub series speakers in my rear deck and i love them. they put out more bass than my eclipse's in the front while the eclipse's put out amazing high's and mid's. You'll love the polk components, promise. I don't think you'll be completely satisfied with amped speakers as far as bass goes. I dunno, it depends how much bass you really want. I tend to like a little more, so i bought a Rockford Fosgate 10" Stage 2 punch sub and a low-powered amp to give me that extra kick i wanted. Good choices on speakers though. i have a sony headunit and like it, but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. sound quality=mediocre at best

I have been through a few headunits in my day. I had a sony in my tacoma and it skipped like crazy. Same goes for pioneer (well the one i had). Best one ive had is eclipse and alpine.

as far as speakers go, everybody has their own taste. some like it crisp and clear, some like it bright, some dont like it too crisp, and some like it mellow. its up to you. my advice to you is go out there and listen to all of them. choose whichever you think is good enough for your preference. One thing they might ask you is what kind of music you listen to.

that is like the 1st post ive seen of yours that doesnt end in like 2 words or involve sending a motor or something to you

but, i like sony and i have had good experience with it, and you said it plays mp3s, that is all i would worry about, plus the fact that you can plug xm or sirius, or even an mp3 player is good. and i like that low price tag for it being able to play mp3 discs

Never had polk

have had pioneers, i liked my 4 inch speakers in the mr2 a lot, that was all i had and it sounded badass even tho it was only 2 speakers, hand some 4X6s once that were ok, but i like round speakers better than ovals, move equal amount of air at once or some crap like that.

only thing exspensive head units are good for is people who run alot of amps. although i would recommend most definitely buyin a deck with subout as it will have a crossover for subs built right in. but in alot of cases now amps have thier own high/low pass filters built in , although not as good as a head unit crossover but gets the job done.

pioneer in most cases is the best bang for the buck. some decks have better power supply and or 4 or better volt preouts, etc. but you need none of this. everybody seen MOSFET written on decks before right? well power supplys like most stuff are in categorys for quality. a MOSFET power supply head unit is actually like a class c power supply. anyways im ramblin now. get a pioneer dude you cant go wrong ive had a pioneer premiere 600 for like 6 years now. heard it skip maybe 5 times in that time and still works awsome although face has taken a beaten over the years , lol.

I don't know what car you got or wat the stock speakers you got didn't read all of this thread.

With something like this you don't need to worry about amps not unless your going for power, which i don't think you are.

DEHP6800MPLARGE.png

something like this will sound good and will match the head unit 4 for the front but might need to modify your original speaker holder if you don't want rattling which i dought you'll get just get sound proffing. it make the inside sound great

6002i.jpg

on the other hand as a cheaper alternative this should fit nicely in your stock speaker holders. but won't sound as good. But normally good enough to please those that arn't looking for a powerful system.

XSHA1726.jpg

also for the rear try the 6x9 versions or which ever fits sony will be easy to get fitting without needing new wires or fittings cause they use thin magnet.

Check out our products ... Focal Audio products

Your front speeks are a 6 and 1/2 inch sized woofer if I'm not mistaken...

We have tons of speakers that will sound awesome, If you have ever heard of Focal, then I'm sure you are a fan, very high quality products...

These are what I would recommend for a nice set of 2 way components that will sound superior compared to any polk, jbl, etc etc stuff that you can get at Best buy or Circuit city, no offense to them but it's just the truth about quality...

Check em out, sweet set-up for an S2k... Polyglass series V1 6.5 inch

165V1_card.jpg

A little 6 inch by 6 inch piece of dynamat behind these will make them sound even better with only adding like 2 lbs to your car, just stick it behind them inside the door and bada bing, done.

You cannot buy them online unless they are selling them illegally, so if you find them online, don't buy it. Buy it from a legal dealer locally...

If you need more info contact me at nizmo24090@aol.com

thats great but hes not into that sorta thing.. i think..

ssr dont know how to install speakers!? a guy thats a hardcore engine builder needs honda forums help. why not get a oem honda deck, those are clean, not a nakamhichi but personal i think its better then flashy lights that might match your underglows.

I have an Si CD player.

Ok, I listened to some Alpine Type S speakers and they sounded good.

Would you choose those over the Polks(F) and Pioneers®?

Archived