b20 vtec vs type r

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
please talk crap about me too. I really want to hear what you have to say about my del "slow".

and by the way. it really DOES matter what cams and pistons you have. you haven't stated your internals though.

can a CR-VTEC integra beat a B18C5 integra?...YES

can your CR-VTEC integra beat a B18C5 integra?...WE DON'T KNOW

ohhh wow this is getting crazy up in heRRRR!! hahahaa damn.... stop the violence ppl hahaha newayz..... yes it does matter about cam's and pistons and blah blah blah.... but! ... like i said before he only listed that they both have ONLY I/H/E and ontop of that they are apparently both pretty ok drivers so..... basically car vs car the B20 shall win with his GSR tranny..... u'll take him for sure... i just had trouble with my race because i had an LS tranny...goodluck with the race.... when is this gonna take place?? keep us posted..

No. Stock B20 vtec itnernals with I/H/E vs. Type R will win. But this is not a this vs that. Let it go.

i guess.... i have a b20/vtec in my integra ... nothing done with the motor with I/H/E and i beat a type R wats the big deal?? i guess.....idk maybe i was a better driver... i also had an LS tranny too..... and i beat him by a car... idk believe wat u want.. i guess...

i guess.... i have a b20/vtec in my integra ... nothing done with the motor with I/H/E and i beat a type R wats the big deal?? i guess.....idk maybe i was a better driver... i also had an LS tranny too..... and i beat him by a car... idk believe wat u want.. i guess...

lol thanx for the info man ill let u know as for that other b16 homo talkin crap like crazy he doesnt stop its pretty funny tho

He never specified, so he could have just as easily meant homosapien. For example. B16Vtec=Homosapien, dc2-gsr=homosexual.

For some reason all the noobs start crap with me. There were about 6 other people giving this guy crap and he chose me to be pissed off at......what an honor.

I even posted a picture and wrote a paragraph about how much of an anal-probing jackass that guy was and I still got nothing! Why does it seem that about every 1 in 10 noobs are decent....the other nine just try and pick fights with the vets, baffles me....>_<

lol no I know what owned means, I meant what does poontwang mean. thanks you have a b18c1? gsr I assume?

oh sorry, poontwang is another word for down below on a girl (VAG) and no I don't have a b18c1, i just put the c1 in there for no reason...i want to do a b16a swap and manual conversion, build that a little plus I/E/H and then throw on a turbo kit....should be finished by summer with my job i have now

wow. you must have a decent job. It'll be at least 3 summers before I get my b16 turboed ( and it's already in my car). I'm building the head this summer, bottom end next summer, then turbo. I'm going to change the flywheel and clutch and hopefully lower it too this summer. I figure it's gonna run me between $5 and $10k :ouch:

Well, blackdelsol, that's because you are doing it the correct way. Don't feel bad. I am taking my time with my car too. I could have easily taken the shortcut on a lot of my suspension but I figured if I was going to do it, I would do it right. So I think it's great you are building the motor 100 percent.

The only thing is, when you build the bottom end, you're not lowering the compression for turbo are you ? I say you lower it first, and then throw in a new set of cams. Best bang for your buck.

I was thinking of trying to keep close to at least a 10:1 compression so

1.) I would have to use less boost to get horsepower and

2.) The car would run better at low RPMs and when it's not spooling.

I could just slap a turbo on the stock engine, but just look at the results. a guy here has an ex civic. he put a turbo on an engine w/ 35k miles from japan (already blew first engine with NO2) so he puts a turbo on it and runs a 15.1 at the track. I don't know about you but that sounds weak to me if you cant get under a 15 with a turbo.

btw, why lower the compression first?

it's not that i'm rushing, i'm in high school, but I work 3 jobs (supermarket, car detailing, and e-bay seller) and some how it all adds up really fast. I still manage to have a life too :) . I'm not taking any shortcuts, but ya know what? I got home from school yesterday and my dad randomly says, "We're selling your car." Then he took me to a few dealers to look at cars....? I dunno where that came from but I was checking out a couple nice ones--'99 Eclipse GSX, '00 GTI, 'OO RSX Type-S, and an '98 Trans Am....I don't want to sell it, I don't know what's goin through his head.... huh

na man, go for something like an STi. and I personally wouldn't get a gsx, the 7 bolt (second gen) had problems with the bearings I think, and the 1st gen (6 bolt), well they are a little old. my friend has one that is not running anymore, failed compression check, etc. they're usually abused.

I was thinking of trying to keep close to at least a 10:1 compression so

1.) I would have to use less boost to get horsepower and

2.) The car would run better at low RPMs and when it's not spooling.

I could just slap a turbo on the stock engine, but just look at the results. a guy here has an ex civic. he put a turbo on an engine w/ 35k miles from japan (already blew first engine with NO2) so he puts a turbo on it and runs a 15.1 at the track. I don't know about you but that sounds weak to me if you cant get under a 15 with a turbo.

btw, why lower the compression first?

How much boost is he running ? A d16y8 with hondata or neptune tuning and stock itnernals can do about 200-230 whp which should definatley ne him in the 13's. If he knows how to drive of course.

Archived