Gonna Pull An Rx-7 Out Of Somewhere.

What's the code on that RX-7 Engine? I'm thinking about getting a 1991 Mazda RX-7. Those damn cars are the best RX-7's, without a doubt. I still gotta fix that stripped nut on the back right rim on my '90 Accord. So can anyone tell me the code for the RX-7 Engine (turbo of course).

What's the code on that RX-7 Engine? I'm thinking about getting a 1991 Mazda RX-7. Those damn cars are the best RX-7's, without a doubt. I still gotta fix that stripped nut on the back right rim on my '90 Accord. So can anyone tell me the code for the RX-7 Engine (turbo of course).

Hmm, I'd always heard the 93's were the best ones... :crazy:

it should be common for a reason. i could be wrong though but i believe the 93s are mostly modified do to adam saruwatari. its like, "if he can make his rx7 that quick, so can i" kinda attitude so that could be the reason why.. oh and uh.....let me move this thread real quick. shame on you other MODS!!

The specs on the third generation RX-7's are all the same. 93's are the most modified because they are the cheapest and easiest to come across. The engine code on the 3g7's is 13B-REW. You can drop another one of those in or go for the 2nd generation RX-7 which is a three rotor instead of two. Not sure what the engine code of them is, I think it is 20B-REW maybe. The three rotor motor swap is pretty popular for people who want to run fast 1/4 mile times in their 7. Try this site to find parts for both of the engines so you can see what you can do..... RX-7.com

I would strongly advise that you read up on the history and engineering of the RX-7. I hate to see it when someone gets one and does not respect the car. The main problem with the 13B-REW is overheating. So please read up before you do anything.

• 1 month later...

Yah i dont know where you guys get your Rex information from but....let me clarify this for all of you starting from the beginning

SA22-1st gen rx7 carb'd is a 12a/fuel injected 13b

FC3S-2nd gen rx7 all fuel injected 13b/TurboII cars were 13bt

FD3S-3rd gen rx7 twin turbo 13b-REW

Cosmo Euno-13b-RE or a 20b

now for differences in 2nd gen's it goes as follows, in the 86-88 models they were Series4 cars 89-91 were Series 5 therefore for you need a Series 5 13bt :blush:

Also if you're Swapping a 13b-REW into your 91 turbo2......DON'T!!!!! that is too much of a pain to do and you already have a turbo motor in the car so i would suggest yanking it out getting some porting work done (street port)IMO and some 3mm seals that is very boost friendly...if you're already doing the engine build take the initiative to upgrade the turbo system too. just make sure to get a front mount intercooler greddy sells a nice one.

And SuperStreetRx7......do some more Homework before giving advice....93 model rx7's arent the cheapest and easiest to find 3rd gens are almost OVERpriced...i've seen non-running ones for 8 grand

But atleast you knew 3rd gens were plagued with underhood heat issues so kudo's to you

If he has a 2nd gen Rx7 how come you're showing a picture of a GP Sports Silvia kit.....Nissans and Mazda's dont have interchangeable body kits  :p

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm he..my cousin has a 91 rx7 not me, you got the wrong guy

and about my signature.. im a honda guy... really i am, i dont know crap about nissans or mazdas or toyotas but i know a lil of domestics.. but anyway back on topic.... i like silvia so i posted it, also im just testin it out... cuz the last piccy i tred to upload was to big.. it didnt fit as planned..

oh and about my other cousin mazzzda.. its not really turboed as said earlier(sp?) (you can tell cuz it dosent have a hood scoop thingy)oh and i dont have a piccy.. but hey it looks aite, i dont think hes gonna do anything to it but some bondo(sp?)

wanna see my other cousins ride? check out www.geocities.com/b8oypiccolo after that click the civics link oh and by the its notta mazzda!!

If he has a 2nd gen Rx7 how come you're showing a picture of a GP Sports Silvia kit.....Nissans and Mazda's dont have interchangeable body kits 

actually his sig. has a rps13 type x, and a s14 *edit*kouki (?sp). anyway, the 13b-rew is a good engine, its gotten a bad rep since no one thinks to do a radiator *gasp* instead of a boost controller. if you can find a rx7 that hasnt been modded, which is extremely hard, thats your best bet. i really like the body lines of the fc rx7's and they can be tuned to be extremely fast, however, the fd's seem to get more attention. as long as you do cooling stuff you can run a pretty fast time, a guy here has a 9 sec rx7 and only runs 15psi max.

The specs on the third generation RX-7's are all the same.  93's are the most modified because they are the cheapest and easiest to come across.  The engine code on the 3g7's is 13B-REW.  You can drop another one of those in or go for the 2nd generation RX-7 which is a three rotor instead of two.  Not sure what the engine code of them is, I think it is 20B-REW maybe.  The three rotor motor swap is pretty popular for people who want to run fast 1/4 mile times in their 7.  Try this site to find parts for both of the engines so you can see what you can do..... RX-7.com

I would strongly advise that you read up on the history and engineering of the RX-7.  I hate to see it when someone gets one and does not respect the car.  The main problem with the 13B-REW is overheating.  So please read up before you do anything.

you started off making sence but then you blew it by making up the story about the snd gen rx7's come with the three rotor. the three rotor engine was from the mazda cosmo

please do some research before you post bullcrap facts. :mad:

(Virgin)Si Posted on Feb 7 2003, 4:04 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you question your own self on your facts because you were sure of the 20b code......added a REW at the end of it. So like they all said, do some research. Couldn't help to learn some things about your own car 

Not sure what the engine code of them is, I think it is 20B-REW maybe.

I didn't question myself, you just didn't read.

I don't own an RX-7.

this is kinda dumb, whenever ssr posts, people jump on him. seems to me it all started because he claims (i'm not sayin you wont ssr) to be building probably one of the baddest s2000's around. cut the kid some slack you dont need to jump on every post he does and criticize him or his soon to be s2000.

I never failed to read your comment. For someone who only replies with factual statements you should never be guessing or hinting at the answer. That just shows you didn't know EVERYTHING you claimed to. Furthermore, I wasnt jumping on him for anything cus I'm new to the forum and had to stress the importance of only stating the facts because what he was saying could have lead someone into initially knowing the wrong facts and in the worst case scenario buying the wrong stuff. So sorry for grievance, but I just wanted to set it right and clarify the Rx7 facts.

okay... il lay off of this kid... im just not in the mood to believe in a 10 second street drive-a-ble S2000, thats all.... but hey from now on.. i'l respect everyone.....

id like to say.. im sorry to anyone i hurt their feelings... im sorry honda_civicex95, il change my custom member title to something else....

Member Title: ninja boy killed by 8 second all motor CRX driver !!!

Archived