Gonna Pull An Rx-7 Out Of Somewhere.

yeah...but the automatics are sloooowwwwww. easy to beat off the line, not even funny.

i'll run you, and throw down the pink just like brian :D jk

lol

if i hadda 350 charged blazer, you wouldnt be laughing lol :laugh: jp

if i had a 3kgt with twin dr-650r turbo's you wouldn't be breathing... 

who makes those turbo's, ive never heard of them before and was under the impression that the largest turbo's you could put on a 3000gt were the twin 13g's

those arent all that big, the 13g kits ive seen utilize the same td04-l housing, but dont have clipped turbines. really 12k for 600hp isnt all that hot either. especially when you can get 900 wheel hp conservatively tuned out of a supra for 2k less.

Losing close to 200 HP just through the drivetrain?.....I doubt it very much 3k gtvr-4 or not. IMO

What do you think a stock vr-4 loses from the flywheel to the wheels? And why would that figure change so much from yeilding higher HP from the engine? It shouldn't change that much at all....even with stronger clutch and drivetrain parts.

Imaginary 3000GT :ninja:

whats the purpose of this flame? i said i will have a 3000gt one day, sometime after i graduate from high school hopefully. i'm not saying that i'm going to kill people in races with my 3000gt vr4 twin dr-650r 10 sec. show car. i'm saying that i want to buy one eventually...its a wish.

until then i'll work on the civic and get it to where i'm satisfied with it, then start doing nothing but saving so that i can put a down payment on a 3000gt in a few years. then make payments, do a couple things to the 3kgt over time, and use the civic as a daily driver. 3kgt as a weekend getaway car.

if you want to continue to be stupid and flame people for unflamable reasons then pour some gas on this: lets race. my 3000gt vr4 against your s2000. i'll walk you all day long stock, and modified.

now...back on topic damn you

the vr-4 in that its an awd setup loses more hp through drive train then a fwd or rwd car since it has to split power between front and rear wheels. and you lose like 20% power from flywheel to wheels on a rwd car. the figure changes since 20% percent of 320 is much different then 20% of 900hp.

I know you lose like 20% but that figure is a constant.So if you have a 100hp motor that makes 80HP on the wheels the loss is 20HP due to drivetrain load on the engine.But my point is this.........why if the motor goes from 100HP to 1000HP does the drivetrain loss go up with the power figure??You're going to tell me that now all of a sudden theres almost 200Hp worth of load from the same drivetrain.

It cant happen.The drivetrain load on the engine stays the same. (unless you change drivetrain components,and that can make it have more or less load on the engine.)

Whatever you lose through the drivetrain when the car is stock isn't gonna change when the motor gets worked.That 20% is more for when ur talking about stock engines or close to it.

Lets just say ur aircon used 2% of of power on a 100HP motor.Now when you get that motor to 1000HP does that mean the aircon's gonna be sucking an extra 18HP to do the same job.

So before you mod a car work out what ur power loss to the wheels is when its stock......it shouldn't change that much when the engine is modified,since the gearbox etc is the same.

Just spoke to a well known tuner and friend of mine here.Apparently its alot more complicated than that in a sense we are both right and both wrong.He wanted to pull out a whole lot of calculations etc but it was to much for my brain.

Basically you do still work on a % but it decreases with power increase for obvious reasons such as torque etc. and to try and repeat some of the sh1t he was saying is basically impossible.....so I've put it as straight forward as I could

yeah that 20% was just a basic estimate and mostly for stock. its almost impossible to guess your flywheel hp without an engine dyno. since most people wont get more hp then where the 20% is still semi close to the actual hp thats just what i guesstimate with.

Archived