speed limiter

SolLesHonda

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually yeah a ferrari .. unless its a 360 modena or enzo .. or of course the famous f50, but thats besides the point, money is a factor .. and really the one guy said 8 thousand is a lot of money ... not really ... not including suspension, motor swap, and internals/turbo .. you don't have to buy a pre-fab'd turbo kit, you can make one for 1/3 the cost ... but anyway ... i have some videos on my pc of supra's running low 9's .. and one running 876 rwhp and 798 ft/lbs of tq, thats insane and thats only on 14.7 psi .. or so the boost meter reads ... but anyway .. everyone has a dream .. thats just mine ... i have big plans for the sol, and one day she will be running nines ??? maybe .. it all takes money and lots of it ... hahaha can't wait

actually yeah a ferrari .. unless its a 360 modena or enzo .. or of course the famous f50, but thats besides the point, money is a factor .. and really the one guy said 8 thousand is a lot of money ... not really ... not including suspension, motor swap, and internals/turbo .. you don't have to buy a pre-fab'd turbo kit, you can make one for 1/3 the cost ... but anyway ... i have some videos on my pc of supra's running low 9's .. and one running 876 rwhp and 798 ft/lbs of tq, thats insane and thats only on 14.7 psi .. or so the boost meter reads ... but anyway .. everyone has a dream .. thats just mine ... i have big plans for the sol, and one day she will be running nines ??? maybe .. it all takes money and lots of it ... hahaha can't wait

i know you can build a kit for the 1/3 of the cost. I DID IT.

8,000 last time i checked is a lot of money. i call bullcrap on 8k for all internals turbo kit suspension motor swap etc.

when i did my b16 swap, that cost me 2550 without installation.

i built my kit. cost about 1400.

that right there is about 4000. without labor. so suspenssion, internals etc comes to only 4000? internals are expensive and even more to be installed, and i doubt this guy installed everything on the car, thats if it exists. a good suspension setup will most likely cost you 1000 plus. i just dont see how it adds up.

its doesnt add up, i am doing a rebuilld right now on my prelude, w/ JE pistons, crower rods, darton sleeves... and i am getting dealer prices and it still going to cost me over $3k in parts alone, becaue i am doing the labor w/ my brother. plus tuning, and dyno time. i also built a turbo kit from scratch for about $1300-1400. you dont know what your talking about mang.

BTW: if i had a ferrari, i would not be impressed by a TT Supra, and sure as hell would never bowdown.

i feel the MONEY in the crower rods je pistons and darton sleeves....i have the same exact setup(internal wise)

maybe if you strapped 2 jet engines and some wings on your sol then you could hit nines

speaking of wheel hop... i get a headach when my car was hopin at the track i thought my teeth were going to fall out....i think this thread lost its way

whats your setup?

b16a,greddy turbo kit,greddy front mount,rc 555 injectors,msd coil ignition, fordged crower rods, je pistons, darton sleeves,head maxed, some port and polish, greddy boost controler,, and one massive tack lol..i might be missing somthing its a little late

how are the greddy turbo kits ... they don't say that they give much hp ... are they worth it, cus you still need intercooler if you wanna run anymore than 5-6 psi on it ... how much boost can they run .. how much hp they give ?

they told me with stock everything at 8 psi i was going to get 110 hourse out of a b16a so that would be ruffly 270..not to the wheels but thats not to bad in my book..i think my setup maxes out at 23 pounds or so. i would never push it that high but i can handle 20 psi.. front mounts are nice with any turbo setup...its a fact that any turbo car runs hot. i had to drill 2 1/8 in holes in my thermostat to run at the right temp...and i am a fan of greddy i think there stuff is good

yes they did. its set at 7 psi...with a boost controller you can push it to 125% over stock. so 16 or 17 psi... so to run 20 psi you need to get a unpraded wastegate..but you need to do a hole lot more to it b4 that..the kit comes with a 2 inch down pipe so you need to get a new pipe casted for the turbo mani and the down pipe then get a test pipe for the cat and go 3 incht eh rest of the way back...if you cant understand that then this is easier...you need a 3 inch pipe form the mani back to the tail pipe

yeah, i always suggest to people to do their research, and build a kit. bigger turbo, bettter mani. more hp more reliable, less money. you seem educated, im surprised you went w/ a prefab kit.

yeah, i always suggest to people to do their research, and build a kit. bigger turbo, bettter mani. more hp more reliable, less money. you seem educated, im surprised you went w/ a prefab kit.

yeah really. you could have spent half the money on a way better setup. not saying your setup is bad but a 2 inch downpipe is too restrictive imo. external wastegates are better too. if i was you id sell that whole kit and part a whole entire new one together. get a t3. you'll love it.

and solless honda, if u read what he said he already has a FMIC.

yeah if it was me i would want to part one together buttt i wasnt the one who bought it..I lucked out with this car it was at my shop and we were building this engine form top to bottum and when we were finished the kidd was broke and couldnt pay for it...so i knew the car inside and out and i knew everything. he prolly put 2thousand miles on it and then couldnt pay it off so i asked him if he wanted to sell it...boom a day later it was mine

no i was just wondering if you needed one or not ... not trying to be an ass ... but anyway ... there is this one kit that is insane ... the rev hard stage 3 kit supposedly guarantees +220 hp and 385 ft/lbs of torque .. that is impressive .. i think it may be a typo, but it says 990 cc injectors .. ? that is insane ... anyway .. i think 550 cc will due right ?

Archived